Sign in to follow this  
Blossom

Is Neurofen OK to take 6 days before BA??

My pre-op notes say to stop taking aspirin and anti-inflammatory medication at least 10 days prior to surgery, would this include Neurofen? 

Ive got a cracker headache and have to go out shortly hoping there's something I can take!! 

Here is the list I was given of what not to take from 2 weeks before and up to 6 weeks after.

Neurofen is Ibuprofen and a big big no no as it is a blood thinner and will effect your clotting.

Panadol or Panadeine only.

image.jpeg

My pre-op notes say to stop taking aspirin and anti-inflammatory medication at least 10 days prior to surgery, would this include Neurofen? 

Ive got a cracker headache and have to go out shortly hoping there's something I can take!! 

At princessem86 ,vitamin c really I live on that stuff I believe it helps to heal I used it with every ba before and after and my surgeons (had 2 ) believed it was good too ?! Interesting ,good too know about magnesium as I been taking that too relieve spasms and cramps 

Yep everything I find about vitamin c and surgery and post op says vitamin c is actually recommended to help healing ,it says to avoid vitamin e and some other ones ,but do check with your surgeon if unsure ,mine actually encourage it 

Oops, I didn't know about magnesium - I take this at least once a day because I get terrible cramps in my feet/legs. I've been taking vitamin c also 😳.

The rest were pretty familiar no-go's according to my PS also. Def no ibuprofen or asprin or fish oil - I think that they were some of the worst offenders. Oh and 4 weeks off the red wine nearly killed me!

At princessem86 ,vitamin c really I live on that stuff I believe it helps to heal I used it with every ba before and after and my surgeons (had 2 ) believed it was good too ?! Interesting ,good too know about magnesium as I been taking that too relieve spasms and cramps 

Yep everything I find about vitamin c and surgery and post op says vitamin c is actually recommended to help healing ,it says to avoid vitamin e and some other ones ,but do check with your surgeon if unsure ,mine actually encourage it 

I did check with my surgeon and he said large amounts not found in food or drink can effect clotting. Google it and you'll see that it can be a blood thinner. Better to be safe than sorry I say.

Il keep taking it maybe it's the form it's in I take good ones never had a problem before and I've had a few breast augmentations and it was actually recommended to me , maybe it's the acidic ones like cenovis and etc I take a alkaline one , and everything I find on the net backs up what I was told my ps, really is strange how conflicting views are ! I understand nurofen and vitamin e orally though , thanks sweets 😜

My PS also said not to take vitamin C. I really don't think vitamin C is a big deal though. I think listen to your own surgeon :) 

Anyone know if I can take an antihistamine? I have surgery on Tuesday and I currently have a rash from an allergic reaction. I haven't taken one yet, but it's driving me insane. I can call my surgeons office to ask because he's not in until tomorrow!

My PS also said not to take vitamin C. I really don't think vitamin C is a big deal though. I think listen to your own surgeon :) 

Anyone know if I can take an antihistamine? I have surgery on Tuesday and I currently have a rash from an allergic reaction. I haven't taken one yet, but it's driving me insane. I can call my surgeons office to ask because he's not in until tomorrow!

I've been taking the non-drowsy ones. They weren't in my banned list and I didn't have any troubles as a result - in fact I had no bruising at all. 

Il keep taking it maybe it's the form it's in I take good ones never had a problem before and I've had a few breast augmentations and it was actually recommended to me , maybe it's the acidic ones like cenovis and etc I take a alkaline one , and everything I find on the net backs up what I was told my ps, really is strange how conflicting views are ! I understand nurofen and vitamin e orally though , thanks sweets 😜

Oh well if you've done this before then fair enough. I was just so anxious I cut everything out - except alcohol, I needed a white wine or three to destress me!

Lol princessem86 ,im a freak I choose vitamins over wine lol maybe that's what im doing wrong 😁 

Haha nope nope you're probably the normal one!!! I've missed all my supplements etc where I get all my vitamins and herbs from big time!

I tell you though it was like extracting teeth for me the night before surgery and we went out for Italian in this gorgeous place in Bondi Junction and my friends had an italian red, aged 5 years. I couldn't even smell it I wanted to cry so much!

Sorry Jugs, not sure why its quoting you 😕

@ Katewell, I'm trying to get a better balance (alkaline over acid foods), so what format does the vitamin c you take come in? Where can I get it from?

Edited by Ittybittyk