Prettyoriginal

Consult with Dr. Richardson felt rushed - still have questions!

Hey ladies,

I  had my consult with Dr Richardson on Friday and whilst knowledgable and professional, I felt very rushed. (He called his wife to ask if she could pick up their son, she said no and for the rest of our time I felt him waiting to leave. I spent some time after trying on sizers with one of the lovely reception /consult girls ).

He told me to go high profile. Is this something to do with my breast width, or am I supposed to have a choice? He recommended 460cc based on a couple of sizes I tried, but whilst I want be have lovely big new boobs - I don't want them to overshadow the rest of me! Again, my time spent trying on sizers with him felt very rushed so I don't feel I have all the information to make an informed decision....

other than size, another couple of questions I had:

what are Brazilian implants? Are they just  just textured implants? When I spoke to Dr.Richardson about the textured implants I was shown, he said that smooth has no benefit over the textured, and that they are all he uses?

Does anyone know if he uses the Keller funnel? Does it have any benefits, and is it something I can request - it was never mentioned at my consult.

So sorry for the rant ladies! I'm booked in for surgery on December 19th. Iknow from all I have heard, that he is a great surgeon, I just want to make sure I'm making an informed decision

Thank you so much in advance :) xx

NB: I am 56kg, 164cm and about a C cup pre-op

Hi there!

I am also booked for December 19th with TBI and my surgeon is Dr Broadhurst! My consult was today and although Dr B didn't rush me I personally felt pressured fro whatever reason to choose sizing quickly and now I am totally confused about it all (see my latest post if you're interested) and it absolutely sucks to feel this way! I wasn't told my profile (wonder why…. bit disappointing as I was so overwhelmed I forgot to ask) so not sure how they determine that! Brazillian implants are different to textured, brazillian have the more bolt on look but are supposed to be safer in terms of capsular contracture. I am choosing textured implants personally, I think the risk of CC is slightly lower than smooth but they're ever so slightly firmer but I don't see much difference! I am not sure was the keller funnel is….?

I agree with that Dr R and Dr B are both highly regarded so in no way am I questioning their ability, more so just think since they do this everyday they may have forgotten to tell us a few little things :p It's okay because we can go back and ask everything again and try the sizers on again! Where your sizers actual implants in the crop top or chicken fillet like things? 

I don't believe he uses the keller funnel technique. I don't believe many Aus surgeons do yet as it's a fairly new thing. I highly doubt it's somthing you can request Dr Richardson to use unless I am wrong and he does use the keller funnel.
I think the size he recommended will be quite large based on your stats. You already have decent sized breasts. Is this the look you are hoping to achieve?
Brazilians are completely different to textured implants. They have a polyurethane coating which acts like velcro. Your body attaches to the coating. They are supposedly safer, however they are yet to be FDA approved. Do a lot of research before choosing this implant. It is not for every women or every body type.

Hey ladies,

I  had my consult with Dr Richardson on Friday and whilst knowledgable and professional, I felt very rushed. (He called his wife to ask if she could pick up their son, she said no and for the rest of our time I felt him waiting to leave. I spent some time after trying on sizers with one of the lovely reception /consult girls ).

He told me to go high profile. Is this something to do with my breast width, or am I supposed to have a choice? He recommended 460cc based on a couple of sizes I tried, but whilst I want be have lovely big new boobs - I don't want them to overshadow the rest of me! Again, my time spent trying on sizers with him felt very rushed so I don't feel I have all the information to make an informed decision....

what are Brazilian implants? Are they just  just textured implants? When I spoke to Dr.Richardson about the textured implants I was shown, he said that smooth has no benefit over the textured, and that they are all he uses?

Does anyone know if he uses the Keller funnel? Does it have any benefits, and is it something I can request - it was never mentioned at my consult.

So sorry for the rant ladies! I'm booked in for surgery on December 19th. Iknow from all I have heard, that he is a great surgeon, I just want to make sure I'm making an informed decision

hey Hun that sucks you felt rushed. Dr Richardson told me if I wanted to go ahead with my surgery date on 17 Dec to come back for a second consult which I'm doing today to go over everything.

Did he mention the second consult to you? I think you should go back for the second consult (it's free anyway) and ask more q's. Maybe try and go for a consult with another PS in the meantime too to get another opinion. 

Make sure you know the look and cup size you want to achieve so you can communicate that & definitely ask why he thinks that many cc's and high profile. 

My stats are very similar: 60kg, 65cm and a large B cup pre op (friend request me to see my pics if you like). And he suggested I go 475-500cc to have the look I want. I want nice DD boobs which should suit my body fine. 

As the ladies above said textured doesn't mean Brazillian. And I'm not sure about the Keller funnel & if he uses it. 

Gather some q's and go back to him I would say! But honestly he is a good PS and straight forward and professional and despite him being maybe distracted I think he would have had a good idea of what he was recommending to you, sometimes it's just a little hard to get info out of him so make sure you ask!

Good Luck. 😊

Edited by BA&Rhino

This is why I did not go with him in the end. I had a consult with him a few years ago and I felt he was distant and disinterested. But to be fair I could have caught him on a bad day. I went with Dr. Harwood and he was excellent throughout the consult. He looked at me when I spoke and he answered every question I had. He took pics of me with the sizers on my phone so that I could keep going over them. A lot of people like to bag cosmetic surgeons and I do understand why, but Dr. Harwood made me feel comfortable and he never pressured me into choosing a size straight away. He in fact encouraged me to have a good think about it for a while which I did. I got my BA done last Sept in 2014 and I have been very happy with the results.

Hey ladies,

1. Brazilian implants are different from textured they are covered with polyurethane foam. They look like bolt ons if not done properly. They also take a lot longer to soften and I'm pretty sure Richardson won't use them

2. Are you sure he only uses smooth? There are lots of recent girls with textured by him I would guess given the amount of breast tissue you have to start with he has recommend smooth overs? 

3. I had the Keller funnel in 2013 lots of surgeons use it. Belief that if the implant never touches the skin you reduce infection and CC because lots of potential flora living on the skin that can turn nasty. Call his receptionist she will be able to confirm if he uses 

4.  Book another appointment, you can usually have as many consults before your surgery once booked without cost :) 

image.jpg

Hey ladies,

Hey there, I also had a consult with Dr R on Friday and I can absolutely relate to everything you're saying.

On Friday morning I received a call from the receptionist asking to move my consult earlier by 1.5 hours despite it being confirmed at 5pm the night before. I said no because my husband was coming along and he wasn't available and we agreed to move it forward by half an hour.  When I went into the appt I also felt very rushed. He basically talked through all of the risks and gave me two sizers to try on and stood there while I made a decision and that was that. He made a comment about how he'd already had surgery that morning and he was ready to start his weekend. I personally didn't like him at all; he seemed completely disinterested. However my husband said he was "all business" and he respected that about him. He also said he thought he was spot on with the sizing and type of implant Dr R recommended and there was no need to drag it out! 

I am trying not to let this bother me as I know he has a fantastic reputation and if he gives me good boobs then I guess his bedside manner doesn't matter so much!  I have since sent an email to ask if I can go back and try the sizers again (just with the receptionist) and hopefully talk to her about exactly which implants he has recommended for me.

ps we are totally booby buddies - I have surgery on 19 dec too 😀

Hey ladies,

I know he has a great reputation but calling his wife during the consultation? You would think it could have waiting or he could ask one of the staff to phone. i would definitely make another apt to ask him all your qs you wanted to. 

I went through this with my surgeon pre op and I feel I ended up choosing a much smaller size than I would of preferred. However I spoke to my surgeon regarding the things I didn't ask at my consult on the phone before my appointment and also via email a few times. I really suggest requesting a 2nd appointment (which I didn't do pre op)

Wow! Firstly, thank you so much ladies for all of your responses, I am overwhelmed by all of your helpful, supportive feedback!

Dr.R and I discussed dual plane and he agreed this would be best for me as I want a gradual slope into the implants - even though I want quite large boobies, I really don't want the bulbous look under my skin. The dual plane method should also help to give the girls a point in the right direction - am I right ;) !

To clarify sorry he said he only uses textured as smooth poses no benefits.

its difficult with the sizers - the chicken fillet ones that have no direct cc correlation look good, but as soon as you pop the actual implant in your bra it's too hard to tell because obviously it just protrudes above your own breast with all the gaps in Between! I'm still hoping that high profile was the right choice for me... I would just like to know why that's the case I guess - bit of a control freak!

BA&Rhino - it does look like have very similar stats! I Have sent you a friend request - if we have a similar outcome in mind, then it seems pretty suited we have both been recommended 460cc. Are you getting unders also? I'd love to see some photos of your desired outcome too if you have any :)

big booty judy - yay totally booby buddies! What time are you in? I'm first up at 7am - which works for me because I won't be craving a coffee and some breakfast that early! I do very much agree with you in terms of his bedside manner - although I kind of like the distanced approach because it feels all business (less embarrassing and not creepy) however I do wish I wasn't so rushed. I'm probably just being picky, but I was also a bit put off by his very casual dress and phone call mid consult...

Also sorry about the font discrepancies, my iPad isnt playing ball!

Edited by Prettyoriginal

I had surgery with Dr Richardson 3 months ago. I had a post op appointment also on Friday and had a different experience in that I wasn't rushed at all and have never felt that way. Ive always thought he has gone above and beyond especially with his post op care. 

I did note the shorts on Friday though! Usually when I've seen him he's been in jeans but it's getting warm I guess! 

I was first up for surgery at 7am too and that was really good. I was home by 11am.

The profile he picked will no doubt have to do with your desired size and BWD. 

I agree with the others to request another consult if you still have questions. Best of luck with everything! 

I had surgery with Dr Richardson 3 months ago. I had a post op appointment also on Friday and had a different experience in that I wasn't rushed at all and have never felt that way. Ive always thought he has gone above and beyond especially with his post op care. 

I did note the shorts on Friday though! Usually when I've seen him he's been in jeans but it's getting warm I guess! 

I was first up for surgery at 7am too and that was really good. I was home by 11am.

The profile he picked will no doubt have to do with your desired size and BWD. 

I agree with the others to request another consult if you still have questions. Best of luck with everything! 

Maybe he was just having a bad afternoon when we saw him then pepper9! It's still really great to hear girlies getting their desired outcome with him - I have no doubt that he is a fantastic surgeon.

I wonder if it will be possibly to get another appointment, I know how difficult it was to get the first one and I have seen posts of girls having to wait until next year.. Maybe they will squeeze me in because I'm already technically a patient..

I very briefly showed him some photos of boobies I like, but again there wasn't much time to discuss. Hopefully another appointment - or maybe even a phone all will put my mind to rest!

Thanks again for everyone's responses xx

I'm sure you'd be able to get another consult time especially as surgery now booked in. If feeling confident about sizing is an issue for you then you can either go in and try on again on your own or borrow the sizers. I went back a second time not long after my first consult and tried on again alone and went up a size. I then had another freak out closer to surgery so I ended up borrowing sizers for the weekend and went up again after that but finally then felt totally confident in my choice! 

I have had two consults with Dr Richardson over the years. One recently at tbi. He offered me 390mod 460hp and the next option would have been 520 xhp as its the same width as the other two. But we didn't go that far. And yes I agree both times the actual trying on bit felt not involved enough. But really not many options to chose from just the one in each profile, all with same width dimension.  

Also he has done surgery on my mum in the past and did use a polyurethane implant but it was because the previous ones rotated. Its not what he normally uses. 

I have decided to have my surgery elsewhere however I think Phil is a great surgeon and im sure if you book another consult to go over the sizes again and have all your questions pre prepared now that you now what it's all about I think you will feel much more confident about moving forward. 

Im 13 days post op with dr richardson after BL and BA. 

Def book another consult in and bring ur page of questions and queries. Its free so why not :)  i didnt find him rushed but i was so distracted during my appts i wouldnt have noticed anyway. 

My first consult with him i had 2 pages of questions. He answered nearly all of them before i had even asked. I went away without booking my op and he advised to come back again for a second consult in case i had any other questions. Bear in mind i had my 2 year old with me at the time too through the consult and he patiently waited while i sat her down and sorted her out on my phone. And when i had to stop her from running into his giant mirror again and again in case it fell on her. And when she interrupted us again and again talking about her baby. See what i mean, distracted during the whole consult. 

As soon as i left i had questions that i should have asked and forgot lol i booked a second consult and my op day about a wee later. In between my first and second consult i second guessed my size choice and went in to see his nurse who let me try on sizers again with my 2 kids rolling around on the floor, stealing the implants, playing in the curtains etc  his nurse was great i spent alot of time in there and she helped me feel confortable with the eventual size i chose. Just something about a womans input that helps.

Finally went in for my second and final consult before app. Told him i wanted up a size, yep no problems. Asked if i could have extra high profile,  yep no problems. Try on sizers for a 3rd time to show husband. No kids this appt was absolute heaven. Asked all my final questions. 

Feel free to friend me to look at results so far. My stats 159cm 67kg pre op 14A. I chose 420cc round textured under extra high profile. Hoping for at least a D cup but will happily accept bigger :)