Tuberous Breast Correction- two incisions?

hey everyone!

This is my first post here so I hope I'm doing this right. I just had a phone consultation with Dr. Miroshnik and he told me I had Grade 2 Tuberous Breasts and would need TWO incisions (in each breast) to correct them. One under the crease to insert the implant, and one periareolar incision (around the areola) to correct the puffy/coney-ness of my nipples, and I believe he will also be reducing their size as well. I was just kinda taking it all in during the consultation (and to be honest he seemed a little rushed- my appointment did run 30 minutes late, and it was nearing the end of the day, so I'm sure he was just pressed for time and a bit stressed- as you would be!)  I'm sure he has his reasons but it just didn't occur to me to ask WHY at the time! If he was making an incision around the nipple anyway, why not just insert the implant through there?

Any other ladies out there that have also been suggested or had two separate incisions for their tuberous correction? Or does anyone have any suggestions as to why he might not insert the implant through the nipple?

Thanks in advance!

Hi boobsplease! 

I haven't had my BL/BR (with Dr M as well) so I can't answer your questions (sorry) but hopefully MaisieF sees this as she had her BA done with Dr M & she had tuberous breasts, so I think she'll be able to answer your questions. 

I think if you email his office they might be able to tell you the answer or Dr M might even email you if the admin girls can't answer you. 

Hope this his somewhat helps! 

hey everyone!

This is my first post here so I hope I'm doing this right. I just had a phone consultation with Dr. Miroshnik and he told me I had Grade 2 Tuberous Breasts and would need TWO incisions (in each breast) to correct them. One under the crease to insert the implant, and one periareolar incision (around the areola) to correct the puffy/coney-ness of my nipples, and I believe he will also be reducing their size as well. I was just kinda taking it all in during the consultation (and to be honest he seemed a little rushed- my appointment did run 30 minutes late, and it was nearing the end of the day, so I'm sure he was just pressed for time and a bit stressed- as you would be!)  I'm sure he has his reasons but it just didn't occur to me to ask WHY at the time! If he was making an incision around the nipple anyway, why not just insert the implant through there?

Any other ladies out there that have also been suggested or had two separate incisions for their tuberous correction? Or does anyone have any suggestions as to why he might not insert the implant through the nipple?

Thanks in advance!

Hi boobsplease :D

I'm having my tuberous breasts corrected with an areola reduction too on Monday with Dr Connell. I asked him about whether I will have two incisions and he told me I'll only have the ONE periareolar incison on each breast (to release to constricting tuberous tissue as well as to put in implant in through the same incision- OUCH!).

Maybe different drs prefer to do different techniques - which ever they feel most comfortable and confident with?

Maybe you could ask your doctor in your second appointment? 

Goodluck :D 

Here I am!!! Ok, so...

The incision at the bottom of the breast in the crease it to insert the implant. It's also the access point to get behind the areola & nipple to score the tissue like a mango, as the tissue there is constricted and what causes the tuberous/snoopy/cone shape. The only way to stop your nipple looking puffy is to do this scoring.

The incision around the nipple is to reduce the areola which has a tendency to stretch in tuberous breasts, and will always TRY to stretch forever and ever, so a permanent stitch is put under the skin around the areola to prevent it from stretching in future.

You might also have an internal bra stitched under your implant like me, to form a proper shape of the breast and a good basis for supporting the implant. Tuberous breasts tend to lack decent breast tissue.

Also a tear drop implant is preferable as it 'trains' a tuberous breast to take on a natural breast shape. Unfortunately a round implant doesn't quite work as well in patients like us.

I hope that helps. Dr M is amazing & you can trust him to take good care of you & your breasts even though your appointment was rushed!

I knew you would be able to explain it way better than me. Thanks!!

Here I am!!! Ok, so...

The incision at the bottom of the breast in the crease it to insert the implant. It's also the access point to get behind the areola & nipple to score the tissue like a mango, as the tissue there is constricted and what causes the tuberous/snoopy/cone shape. The only way to stop your nipple looking puffy is to do this scoring.

The incision around the nipple is to reduce the areola which has a tendency to stretch in tuberous breasts, and will always TRY to stretch forever and ever, so a permanent stitch is put under the skin around the areola to prevent it from stretching in future.

You might also have an internal bra stitched under your implant like me, to form a proper shape of the breast and a good basis for supporting the implant. Tuberous breasts tend to lack decent breast tissue.

Also a tear drop implant is preferable as it 'trains' a tuberous breast to take on a natural breast shape. Unfortunately a round implant doesn't quite work as well in patients like us.

I hope that helps. Dr M is amazing & you can trust him to take good care of you & your breasts even though your appointment was rushed!

I knew you would be bale to explain it way better than me Mai

Here I am!!! Ok, so...

ahhhhhhh Maisie thank you so much!! That makes so much sense. Did you have the same two incisions as well?

And thank you to everyone else who responded, I didn't actually expect many people to answer! 

Hi boobsplease :D

I'm having my tuberous breasts corrected with an areola reduction too on Monday with Dr Connell. I asked him about whether I will have two incisions and he told me I'll only have the ONE periareolar incison on each breast (to release to constricting tuberous tissue as well as to put in implant in through the same incision- OUCH!).

Maybe different drs prefer to do different techniques - which ever they feel most comfortable and confident with?

Maybe you could ask your doctor in your second appointment? 

Goodluck :D 

I was expecting a similar procedure where the implant is inserted through the nipple as well- a majority of the before and afters on Dr M's tuberous page were done like that! Which is why I was a bit confused but we must just have different situations going on ;) 

Your surgery is so soon you must be excited! Good luck!!! 

You're very welcome. And yes, I have those incisions. Feel free to send me a FR so you can have a look. I'm in desperate need of a photo update though...I must get on to that!

I *think* I just friend requested you- still getting used to this site ?

edit: nope. Turns out following and requesting are different ??

Edited by boobsplease

I was expecting a similar procedure where the implant is inserted through the nipple as well- a majority of the before and afters on Dr M's tuberous page were done like that! Which is why I was a bit confused but we must just have different situations going on ;) 

Your surgery is so soon you must be excited! Good luck!!! 

Us tuberous girls are just so complicated :p And I'm very excited, its been a long 4 months wait! :D 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...