Sign in to follow this  
elle_cee

Post-op bras (Phil Richardson)

I know I could just phone his rooms, but honestly I've been in there once this week and also phoned with more questions three times so am asking here instead ;)

Does anyone know what post-op bra you get following surgery with Phil Richardson?  I know about the Lorna Jane crop to wear for the first week, but after that?

I really like the look of the Carefix Anna as it looks cut lower down at the front so will probably got better under summer clothes. 

I don't want to go ahead and buy one now though as I'm not sure what size I will need. I'm a deflated 10c just now and going for 390cc round unders with a lift. 

I had surgery through Dr Richardson but not through his private surgery through TBI. I was given a compression bra immediately following surgery to wear 24/7 until first appointment and at first post op appointment (about a week) he cleared me to wear any soft cup bra. I had already bought other post op bras including Anna etc.  I did try some normal wire free bras but my boobs were sitting too high and hard still to fit properly so I wore post op bras until about 8 weeks. 

Hi Elle_cee,

I concur with Pepper9.  I actually phoned & emailed TBI this week about this issue!  I was told the bra would come with my new boobs (lol) and that I would need to wear it for the first week, and then after that any crop or wireless bra for a further 5 weeks.  The seamless lorna jane one was recommended because it is longer and therefore it doesn't sit right on your incisions.  It's pretty high in the neck though so I've started looking for an alternative and note there are seamless crops in both DJs and myer that look pretty plain, simple and comfy.

That's interesting. Thanks girls. He definitely told me yesterday I'd wear a soft crop (Lorna Jane) for the first week then I'd get fitted for a post-surgery bra at my first post-op appointment. I wonder if that's because I'm having a lift too?  Who knows :)

It's probs cos you are going through him privately rather than through TBI.  If getting two bras through him I'd think about waiting until after your surgery and have those to buy more so you don't do what I did and buy too many that don't fit! You might find you dont need any more than that in the first six weeks. 

I went direct through dr richardson and can let you know the post op bra brand when i get home :) it starts with me..

I wore it for over a week and just changed over to the carefix anna because it was compressing my left boob too hard and i had a shooting pain on that side and i worked out cup was too tight. Loving the carefix anna right now. Looks nice and feels good.