Sjay

Can't sleep and pain!!

Did anyone manage to sleep the first night after your op?? I haven't slept a wink a since I had it this morn and it's getting so frustrating I'm working myself up! Doesn't help that the lady in the bed next to me has literally slept all afternoon and now night too, and snoring!!! Asked the nurse if they can give me something to sleep but no!! Thought they would :( and the pains so bad too but she's like I only gave you something an hour ago!! 

Edited by Sjay

Hi Sjay,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're in pain! I hope you get some relief soon. I had my op with Dr C yesterday mornin too and I think I was right after you (if you were here with your daughter too - I was in the waiting room with you). 

Thankfully, I've been able to sleep for the last few hours until they woke me up for panadol - I'll be asking for tramadol again soon as I want to keep on top of the pain. I've been very lucky so far with minimal pain but I did have some pretty horrid nausea until they worked out my body didn't like the first lot of anti-nausea they be me. Phenergen worked a whole lot better. 

Sending you lots of happy, sleep inducing thoughts-if there is such a thing xx

Sounds like you're doing better than me. I wasn't here with my daughter so must've been someone else 😊 just been given tramadol for the first time, aswell as the oxycodene I've been having every 2 hours! Just wish I could sleep 😣

Hey Sjay, the first 2 days are the worst and hospitals are the pits for sleeping! You'll feel much better this arvo/tonight once you get home, especially once some of the worst pain subsides. I'm still having shitty sleep at 3 weeks, but you make do 😪. It's all totally worth it and I'm looking forward to sleeping on my tummy/side again...

That's sucks :( could u be having a opposite reaction to the endone? As that stuff knocks you out ! I loathe sleeping in hospitals couldn't think of anything worse maybe you need the comfort of your own bed ? I hope they get ontop of the pain for you very soon they may just need to replace the meds with something different.😫

Sounds like you're doing better than me. I wasn't here with my daughter so must've been someone else 😊 just been given tramadol for the first time, aswell as the oxycodene I've been having every 2 hours! Just wish I could sleep 😣

oops well I stuffed that one up lol. In any event, I hope you're feeling better  this morning. I was expecting a far worse recovery than what I've experienced so far and apparently I woke up the best in recovery out of the morning's patients-not sure how or why. I usually feel rubbish after ga's. 

Have they only just given you tramafol/endone this morning? I kept pushing them in recovery for more pain relief even though I was borderline ok-I wanted to knock it on the head before it got worse. 

Thinking of you Sjay xx

The tramadol seemed much more effective with pain relief, just managed about an hour and a half sleep after it. My PS makes you stay overnight, I'm ok with that from the point of view of having nurses on hand but totally agree I can't sleep anywhere other than my own bed, and as for sleeping upright 😣😣   Not looked at my boobs too much yet as I'm worried I'll freak out! They are very swollen to the sides under my armpits and are looking a bit madonna like and far apart! My ps said he tried the 292 sizer but it was a no go so I have the 255 just praying the move closer together eventually , know it's mega early days but they're not very pretty and some of the ladies on here seem to look fab instantly 

The tramadol seemed much more effective with pain relief, just managed about an hour and a half sleep after it. My PS makes you stay overnight, I'm ok with that from the point of view of having nurses on hand but totally agree I can't sleep anywhere other than my own bed, and as for sleeping upright 😣😣   Not looked at my boobs too much yet as I'm worried I'll freak out! They are very swollen to the sides under my armpits and are looking a bit madonna like and far apart! My ps said he tried the 292 sizer but it was a no go so I have the 255 just praying the move closer together eventually , know it's mega early days but they're not very pretty and some of the ladies on here seem to look fab instantly 

so glad tramadol is working :) , too early to tell what they will look like sweets as you've been under the muscle and nothing is stretched yet give yourself a week to see any significant changes and then some , im sure you will be very happy :) what was your bwd and what profile implant did you get ? 

I kept asking the nurses for something to help me sleep, hopeful they'd give me Valium but they kept saying no there was nothing they could give me 😣 my ps gave me some before my surgery to calm me down as I got super anxious. 

Katewell he went with the 255mf, said he tried the 280 and 295 during surgery but my tissue coverage was too thin. My bwd is 12.5 I think