Implants really wide apart and pointy ?

Sjay

I had my BA yest so I know it is mega early days but my boobs look so ugly! ?  I have the biggest gap on my chest between my implants they are so so far apart! This was my worst fear that this would happen as I was hoping for an implant closer to my bwd of 12.5 but surgeon used 11.5 implant. And they just look so pointy and ugly ??

Aww Sjay dont be down :( Like you said its mega early days! As you can see on this forum, girls are always worried about how bad they look initially but after a few weeks they see obvious changes - and for the best! :) maybe just avoid looking at them for a while, to make sure you dont feel worse about them? :( Chin up x

Don't even look at them yet unless it's to take progression photos. 

Its normal to go + or - 1 of your bwd. 

As for the pointy shape I'm sure it will change. 

I'm a member of another forum and I knew about all the changes that would happen yet when I saw my square boobs I had a wtf did I do to myself moment. 

Please don't judge them yet. 

There's soo many girls on here though that looked fab straight away, I feel really sad ?

Dont worry, we arent all that lucky! Lol. Mine looked like pointy missiles from side on. Hahaha. 

And then i went through scrutanising them because they werent even and one was bigger than the other, but i took everyones advice and it really is true that we just need to be patient. This time next week i bet they will look amazing.

hey love, I had my B.A last Thursday and I honestly didn't even look at them until I had to take my crop off to shower after 48 hours. Everyone knows there high and hard for the first month or so. Mine we so hard and pointy, exactly what you explain here but you have to remember your skin needs to adjust to the implant and that wont happen over night. Its been a week for me now post op and my breats have already softened heaps. There still hard and far apart but they are by no means as hard as they were 1 day post op. I don't plan on 'judging' the shape of my boobs until im at least 2 months post op. So don't stress its totally normal

Hi Sjay

I know it must be disappointing to not love them straight away. But remember you have a long way to go. Dr M warned me I would have a larger gap initially as he couldn't go in too far and risk symmastia due to my funnel chest. So I guess he helped manage my expectations and it wasn't such a shock when I saw them. I know I need to be extra patient given my circumstances, but they should come together in time.  Did you start with little breast tissue? This apparently is also a factor which will mean they will take a little longer to settle. My post-op info mentions 'wide' cleavage is common if starting with small breasts and that it will take time (up to 9-12 months) for skin to relax and expand and for cleavage to become apparent. It is a big adjustment. I hope you start to feel better soon & they turn out just the way you hoped. 

And this is why I love this forum- so many lovely supportive ladies out there, thank you all ?? going to try have a rest now as I only managed about two hours last night. And yes curvesplease I started out almost flat with only about 60cc of my own breast tissue 

lack of sleep definitely doesn't help you to feel good about things when you have to wait some time for perfection.... But it will come x

the girls that look good straight away are the ones who actually started with some breast tissue, don't compare your results to others chick, i had no boobs to start and the centre of my chest between my boobs was the last place to stretch the skin was so tight there it itched like crazy and had like little bubbles. 3 months PO and i still have gap and that is the tightest hardest part of my implants just takes time.

your only 1 day! it will be ok :)

Edited by rattlie

Rattlie your implant was wider than your bwd wasn't it? This is what is driving me bonkers cos I've got in my head that my implant needed to be wider in order to decrease the gap between my breasts?? Yet my ps selected an implant width smaller than my bwd

I get it I was so obsessed with my breasts the first time I had a ba I slept and thought of boobs I stressed , I compared, I was so over tired thinking about the am I , what ifs , that it made me sick and what did it change ? Nothing lol , but I get it you invest so much time Money and your body to this that it consumes you , and it's so normal too , just know it does get better I only looked straight away as I had breast tissue this time as I was stretched out from other implants so anything was better than what I had ?

Ittybittyk what was your bwd and what implant width did u get?

heya, I think my BWD is 12cm and I went with 280cc mod profile anatomical implant. I was quite wide for my frame, but didn't want massive boobs, so mod profile and anatomical shape was recommended so that I didn't end up with big boobs. 

Oh and I didn't take any progress pics until day 3 because I didn't want those bad boys on record - they weren't great. So expect a big difference between they day of surgery and 3 days later. 

I had my BA yest so I know it is mega early days but my boobs look so ugly! ?  I have the biggest gap on my chest between my implants they are so so far apart! This was my worst fear that this would happen as I was hoping for an implant closer to my bwd of 12.5 but surgeon used 11.5 implant. And they just look so pointy and ugly ??

I'm 14 bwd and my implant is 12 ?

Rattlie your implant was wider than your bwd wasn't it? This is what is driving me bonkers cos I've got in my head that my implant needed to be wider in order to decrease the gap between my breasts?? Yet my ps selected an implant width smaller than my bwd

no it wasn't my implant is 11cm same as my BWD of 11 my PS refused me the next size up because is was .2 of a cm over my BWD so I have a gap and my implant is the exact same width as my boob

i was under the impression that the gap you have between your boobs is what it is and implants don't change it? When u don't have boobs it's just hard to tell there is a gap because your whole chest is flat then after implants the gap is noticeable

Edited by rattlie

Try to not overthink things. You are going through massive healing and it can take up to 12 months for everything to settle. Plus everything is new on your chest and so it will look a bit strange. I found the mental/emotional journey more of a trip than the physical one as I had been so flat chested for a long time. Then suddenly I have C cup boobs and my mind had to adjust to it all. Give yourself time.........and rest as much as possible. xx

@Sjay omg you are me two weeks ago. I was exactly the same and I remember you wrote a nice message when i had my post op blues.

I am exactly 2 weeks PO and i assure you they will get closer together and become less pointy. I had straight out 80s Madonna bra boobs and on top of that they were square-ish. Be patient lovely, it will get better <3