Nipples aren't talking the same language ?

Ittybittyk

Mine is the same, can take up to 18mths!

Mine right nipple is always high beaming, my left only sometimes as it's still mostly numb.

I also have numbness in both my lower poles. I'm 11 weeks post op. 

18 months! Ok, so crazy nipple behaviour is here to stay for a while ?.

Is it possible that they might not get back to normal?

• 3 weeks later...

It is definitely possible that it might not go back to the way it was. When I had my first BA, I lost most sensation & reactiveness in my left nipple. 10yrs later (and post 2nd BA) and it has never returned. I just tell my man not to gauge anything on that one as it doesn't play nice anymore.  I can still feel if touched but it's not sensitive anymore & most definitely doesn't stand to attention as quickly or as often as it should. Not like the right one anyway.

It is definitely possible that it might not go back to the way it was. When I had my first BA, I lost most sensation & reactiveness in my left nipple. 10yrs later (and post 2nd BA) and it has never returned. I just tell my man not to gauge anything on that one as it doesn't play nice anymore.  I can still feel if touched but it's not sensitive anymore & most definitely doesn't stand to attention as quickly or as often as it should. Not like the right one anyway.

Oh dang!! I find it so weird to be high beaming on only one side and if it's permanent I'm going to find it harder to be comfortable in going bra-less. Thanks for the response though. It's still early days so fingers crossed, but I guess I won't hold my breath....

Ps, I love that you told hubby that that one doesn't play nice anymore - gave me a giggle as I imagine they'd wonder what they were doing wrong ?