Danni:)

Second thoughts, help!

Sooo I am booked for the 19th December with Dr Broadhurst for my BA!

Other than my initial worry of him choosing a size for me without measuring me (going to ask for another consult) I am just totally freaking out in general about the whole thing and have already paid my $500 deposit!

My main concern is how nothing is for certain… they can't tell you the cause of CC and whether you're at risk etc sort of just randomly happens and if it did then needing another surgery to fix it, especially if it was within the next 10 years I'd be upset! And does anyone know if you have CC ands get it removed… if there an increased risk of it returning after you've had it once already?

Basically you just never know how many times in your life you'll need it re-done and I just can't justify say having 4 operations and spending like $40,000 on boobs in a lifetime! 

Has anyone else struggled with these thoughts? Wish it was just a once off type of thing haha 

Oh also, my mum had small 10B boobs like me before kids and after having me and my brother she looks like she has melons on her chest haha so huge! Imagine if that happened to me on top of implants! I suppose if they were fixed with a lift and re-do just once in my life then that's fine if they stay good for the rest of my life after that (understand that I will need it done at least once more in my life, and sort of only willing to get it if I would need 1 at the most 2 re-dos in my lifetime!) Mum also says to me that since I'm only 20 years old, nearly 21, my boobs with probably grow by the time i'm 25! So much to think about and consider!

Basically looking for reassurance or how people overcame their second thoughts?

Edited by Danni:)

CC is a small risk of the procedure unfortunately but not enough to worry about in my opinion and I've had CC repair at 7 years post op. Once you've had it the recurrence rate is 40% however on the upside it's not as expensive to repair with private health and Medicare as it's considered medical and not cosmetic.  Mine cost $5000 to revise so very doable I'd pay that for a new set every 10 years

Edited by donatella

Hi there,

I can see you are totally stressing out. If you don't feel comfortable with it see if you can postpone it or get your deposit back or something. It is not set in stone until you are sitting on the operating table going off to the faries.

I see what you are saying about your mum cause my mum is the same but she didn't get bigger boobs till menopause which is common and plus she is probably 15kg heavier then what she was when she was young so that also makes a difference.

You definitely want private health cover for the future if you don't already as mentiined previously.

As for repeat operations, I'm with the other girls, I would definitely do it to feel great about my boobs!

In regards to CC have you addressed this with Dr Broadhurst? He uses textured implants under the muscle that give the lowest possible risk of CC.

Oh and I forgot to mention abiut he sizing, I would trust Dr B. I have another Dr for a consult at the same clinic who measured me etc who put me down for different sized impkants . When I saw Dr Broadhurst on the morning of surgery he took 1 look at me and told me to go bigger which I trusted and I am glad I did and that was without measuring.

Also with the Sizers you try in the office they project way less from the side then the actual implants do and are slightly not as big from the front, well mine did anyway and even though I am only 10 days out I dont think they I'll change that much.

Definilty go back like you said and discuss your concerns.

I think the size would be good for you since I have actually seen you in person and even though you are tall like me you have a slight frame compared to me so less room to fill up as to speak.

Goodluck with your deliberating!

Even though I am yet to have BA myself, if you aren't 100% certain I would think about it for a bit longer. You don't want to rush into surgery and want to make sure you feel happy afterwards, not worried you've made a wrong decision! Xx

CC is a small risk of the procedure unfortunately but not enough to worry about in my opinion and I've had CC repair at 7 years post op. Once you've had it the recurrence rate is 40% however on the upside it's not as expensive to repair with private health and Medicare as it's considered medical and not cosmetic.  Mine cost $5000 to revise so very doable I'd pay that for a new set every 10 years

Hi Don, I am hoping to have revision next year from my Brazilian implants and I have my heart set on smooth rounds as I really want that natural soft look and feel but I am also worried about CC..

I had my previous surgery with Dr Harwood who is happy to do the revision however he is a cosmetic surgeon so will that mean if I did develope CC I would not be able to claim Medicare private health etc.?

I was really happy with him in every other way it's just the implants! I don't know if it's worth going to a plastic surgeon or not 😫 

TIA! 

Sooo I am booked for the 19th December with Dr Broadhurst for my BA!I 

You are I are practically booby buddies!  I am booked in with Dr B for the 18th December.... I am having all the same struggles/ doubts as you are and to be honest I think that is completely normal for anyone who is about to undergo surgery.  

Try to clear you head and regather your thoughts, remember why you are wanting to have BA again, and what sort of outcome you are trying to achieve after having it done.  Reassure yourself and, although it is good to be aware of the possible complications, try not to invest too much time stressing over them until they have actually happened otherwise you will just stress yourself out way too much.  

Good luck!!