Wantniceboobs

Worried i have picked the wrong type of implants?

Hey all!!

so my surgery is on Friday and I'm worried I have picked the wrong type of implants!

before I went for my consult I had it in my head to get tear drop implants, once I meet with the surgeon and he informed me that my breasts are tuberous and that I require a lift, aerola reduction and implants, he suggested the tear drops but I insisted on round hp after looking at the different types, because I was worried that they would go saggy (don't ask me why!!)

i then went back for 2nd consult to double check size etc, he asked if I checked with my health fund to see if they covered the procedure, I told him yes, he was so excited and said lets go with the tear drops, I still insisted on the round hp. Which I was happy with, until today!!!! Just worried I have picked the wrong type and would get a better result with the tear drops!!!!!

do you ladies have any words of wisdom???

sorry for the long story!

Chat to him Monday. Even if he could order both so you can discuss further? I was completely flat chested. I too had the same dilema. In the end my PS told me that after a few years I would have 0 upper pole (I guess because I have no breast tissue). This is purely from my own reading but I've heard of more women changing to round from tear drop than the other way around! Good luck with your decision. x

Thanks girls, I will see if I can get hold of him and see what he suggests.

can tear drop rotate?

Yes, there is a risk. From my experience the risk differes from surgeon to surgeon.  I had 3 consults. 1 told me it was a real risk; the 2nd told me no risk as its all about the pocket created for the implant. He told me he's never had anyone come back with a rotated tear drop; the 3nd didn't recommend them due to risk of rotating. 

Yes, there is a risk. From my experience the risk differes from surgeon to surgeon.  I had 3 consults. 1 told me it was a real risk; the 2nd told me no risk as its all about the pocket created for the implant. He told me he's never had anyone come back with a rotated tear drop; the 3nd didn't recommend them due to risk of rotating. 

thanks for your advice, my ps highly recommended them especially when I told him I was covered by my private health fund!

have you had your surgery yet? What did end up going with?

I went with surgeon number 2 and 330HP, round, smooth. I'm 8 weeks post op. Love them. What size are you looking at? 

I was going with 345hp round textured.

i just went and a look back at his before and afters, he does a lot of tear drop, I would say 90% were tear drop.

im worried I may have missed the order cut off

I'm not sure about the differences between teardrop and rounds but my surgeon ordered me a few teardrop sizes the morning before my surgery, and then another size late in the afternoon when I freaked out about sizes! That was less than 24 hrs before my surgery so try not to worry, it might not be too late to order them :)

Hey all!!

so my surgery is on Friday and I'm worried I have picked the wrong type of implants!

before I went for my consult I had it in my head to get tear drop implants, once I meet with the surgeon and he informed me that my breasts are tuberous and that I require a lift, aerola reduction and implants, he suggested the tear drops but I insisted on round hp after looking at the different types, because I was worried that they would go saggy (don't ask me why!!)

i then went back for 2nd consult to double check size etc, he asked if I checked with my health fund to see if they covered the procedure, I told him yes, he was so excited and said lets go with the tear drops, I still insisted on the round hp. Which I was happy with, until today!!!! Just worried I have picked the wrong type and would get a better result with the tear drops!!!!!

do you ladies have any words of wisdom???

sorry for the long story!

Hey Wantniceboobs :) I'm also tuberous (surgery on monday) and I am going with tear drop, but I think if your surgeon didn't have anything against you going for round then thats a good sign :D but I agree with the other girls and maybe give him a call on Monday :)

Also, did you get the item number 45559? Because I was just interested to see what your health fund contributed? Together with HBF they are only helping with $1705 of the surgery, not sure if they are helping out with the anaesthetist yet... Does that sound similar to you? :)

Hey Wantniceboobs :) I'm also tuberous (surgery on monday) and I am going with tear drop, but I think if your surgeon didn't have anything against you going for round then thats a good sign :D but I agree with the other girls and maybe give him a call on Monday :)

Also, did you get the item number 45559? Because I was just interested to see what your health fund contributed? Together with HBF they are only helping with $1705 of the surgery, not sure if they are helping out with the anaesthetist yet... Does that sound similar to you? :)

hey countrygirl94! Good luck for tomorrow!

think I will be on the phone first thing to him tomorrow!

yeah I got that item number, roughly all up between hcf and Medicare I will get a little over $2k back, as for the anaesthetist, I rang his rooms and they told me I should get approx a third of the cost back which is around another $600.

the health fund told me I need to go to Medicare 1st and make the claim and get a print out then go to hcf to claim the rest, hope that helps!!

Hi Wantniceboobs, I'm also a tuberous BA patient and had teardrops implants, an areola reduction & scoring (a lift) and an internal bra. I was also set on rounds as I was worried about rotating implants since I lift weights a lot, but in the end I had teardrops due to the fact that I was tuberous.

Did you see my explanation of tuberous breast surgery last week? I mention why teardrops are recommended for patients like us.

I asked my surgeon about the risk of rotation and he said that in the last 5 years he's seen it once or twice, so it's not very common at all.

Perhaps you're just suffering from pre surgery jitters. I know I thought similar things to you for WEEKS before my surgery. I'm 11.5 weeks post op and loving my new girls.

hey countrygirl94! Good luck for tomorrow!

think I will be on the phone first thing to him tomorrow!

yeah I got that item number, roughly all up between hcf and Medicare I will get a little over $2k back, as for the anaesthetist, I rang his rooms and they told me I should get approx a third of the cost back which is around another $600.

the health fund told me I need to go to Medicare 1st and make the claim and get a print out then go to hcf to claim the rest, hope that helps!!

Thank you :D And that was a big help thanks, this whole process is so confusing at times! :p

Good luck with the rest of your recovery!

Hi Wantniceboobs, I'm also a tuberous BA patient and had teardrops implants, an areola reduction & scoring (a lift) and an internal bra. I was also set on rounds as I was worried about rotating implants since I lift weights a lot, but in the end I had teardrops due to the fact that I was tuberous.

Did you see my explanation of tuberous breast surgery last week? I mention why teardrops are recommended for patients like us.

I asked my surgeon about the risk of rotation and he said that in the last 5 years he's seen it once or twice, so it's not very common at all.

Perhaps you're just suffering from pre surgery jitters. I know I thought similar things to you for WEEKS before my surgery. I'm 11.5 weeks post op and loving my new girls.

Thanks MaisieF, was hoping you may reply!!

i just read your post about the tuberous correction.

i'm really freaking out that I should have picked tear drops, I couldn't sleep properly last night!!

i really want a natural look and worried that now if I go rounds I'm not going to have that, I was too worried that getting tear drop my boobs would end up to be the ugly things I have now.

oh this is doing my head in!!!!

See what your surgeon says tomorrow. If it's too late to change, think that there's a reason that he's 'letting' you have rounds. No doubt he'll still give you beautiful breasts. 

Let us know how you go. 

thanks MaisieF just think I was having a pre boobs freak out, I didn't end up calling my ps, I finally caved and spoke to hubby and he said leave it be he told you they will be fine and he will give me the look I want, and I think you are right the ps wouldn't have "let" me choose them if they wouldn't turn out properly!!

I think the surgeon surgical method has a big impact on teardrops turning. I went to Dr Miroshnik and wanted round because I was worried about them turning but when he explained why I needed teardrop and how because of my body shape round wouldn't give me the look I wanted I didn't really have a choice if I wanted the natural look. In terms of them turning I dont think they can he stitched the implant all the way down the muscle on the side closest to my arms. Plus using dual plane placement I with would also help prevent rotation from the way he explain it holding the implant