Worried I should have got rounds!

Sjay

Do yourself a favour and stop looking at other girls boobies Sjay! You got anatomicals? Every girl I've seen with anatomicals have ended up with the most beautiful, natural looking boobs. They are a great implant! Especially for small ladies. I've read that you're worried about how pointy and frankenboobish your boobs look at the moment? You are so so early love. My boobs looked like absolute rubbish for the first two weeks and now they are starting to look really beautiful. They were soooo pointy and up under my collarbones. I got dual plane rounds which my surgeon said essentially have the same effect as anatomicals due to the muscle covering the top of the implant. I only went with rounds because I don't have a teeny frame and already had quite a bit of breast tissue. Please do your boobs a favour and give them some time. You chose a great surgeon and you are going to have beautiful boobies when they actually get a chance to sort themselves out. It's a very long journey but it'll be worth it. No one has beautiful boobs straight out of surgery and everyone recovers at different rates. Some girls can't get out of bed for days, others are up and about in 1-2 days. Same story with the boobs dropping etc. 

Numbness is completely normal! I am completely numb below the nipple. The feeling may or may not return. If it does it can take up to 12 months. It's the price some of us pay for beautiful boobies :) 

I know how hard it is not to compare yourself to others. In a few weeks time you'll be wondering why you were so worried and you'll be flaunting your new boobies!

It is really hard to not compare your own new boobs with others. But I agree with Lauren T, be patient and realise that your mind is being pretty unkind to you at the moment. It takes time to accept having new boobs after being flat chested. Let your body heal and try to distract your mind as much as possible - crosswords, reading, going for a slow walk, movies etc. Everything will work out fine for you. x

I keep wondering if I should have had anatomicals lol, I think it's just what us girls do always want what we hav'nt got. When I got my implants they just felt so strange I hated it, it's like your constantly aware of the implant being there and everything feels wrong, when u move your arms there are boobs in the way now, you can't sleep the way you used to either. It's a huge adjustment I read somewhere it takes 90 days for your brain to register and accept a change to your body which I think is about right, I'm 3 months PO and nearly back to normal still to scared to run or workout lol but I noticed this week I could do things that were hurting before.

i am still numb as well

Edited by rattlie

SJay, I understand your concerns.  I've had both rounds and anatomicals (I have new anatomicals in at the moment) and honestly, if your PS recommended anatomicals for you there's a reason.   I'm guessing you're lean with very little breast tissue?  Anatomicals tend to give a much more natural and aesthetically pleasing look on women with this body type.  My rounds used to look like 2 half grapefruits stuck to my chest whereas my anatomicals look awesome. Conversely, women with a lot more breast tissue suit rounds and they look awesome on them!  There's so many variables to your own particular body.  I would say trust in your surgeon and what he/she recommended for your body.  And stop comparing!  I know we all do it but it's a really bad thing to do and will bring you down every time. :(

Sjay we are having opposite problem!! I am booked for Friday & wondering if I should go tear drops, my surgeon was all for tear drop but I was worried about my boobs going back what they are now so I insisted on rounds!!!

im too scared to call my surgeon to tell him and just keep telling myself if he didn't think it was right he wouldn't have given me the option of round!

as everyone else has said give them time to settle and I'm sure your surgeon would have steered you away from them if he didn't think they would suit you!!