Sjay

Tightness, tightness, tightness!!

Omg my chest is so so tight today, feel like they're going to burst out my chest!! reckon today has been the worst so far. It's so tight it's giving me a horrible eebie jeebie feeling, it's quite suffocating and making me feel really anxious 😱😫 did anyone else feel a bit weird like this?!

Edited by Sjay

Omg my chest is so so tight today, reckon today has been the worst so far. My chest feels so tight it's giving me a horrible eebie jeebie feeling, it's suffocating 😱😩 did anyone else feel a bit weird like this?!

Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit crap. I had a lot of tightness early on and occasionally had it right up until 3 weeks PO. Just try and take some deep breaths and that will help to stretch things out. Also try and breath low into your diaphragm. That should help the suffocating feeling. 

Tightness, air bubbles, squishing swishing noises, bruised, feeling drained and tired for the first week then it started to slowly settle down. 

Even now I get little zap feeling inside boobs but been told that's also normal as nerves reconnecting. I have feeling in 1 nipple but not the other. It's a journey and takes months to feel normal again. 

This post op bra is not helping matters it's making me feel even more constricted but I'm sposed to wear it 24/7 

I hated mine and loved going for a shower and feeling free. Ice really helped me the first week with the ache and tightness feeling. 

Have you got an alternative post OP bra? I found it helped swapping them about.

yep the tightness made me very panicky i think because its similar to the feeling of anxiety, it feels like someone is pressing on your chest making it hard to breath makes u  feel claustraphobic in your own body, the skin between my boobs itched like crazy aswell everytime i moved cos it was stretching.

I freaked myself out thinking about what was happening, way to much time to sit around and think during recovery lol

I had that tight feeling for weeks. I don't think I breathed properly for a long time - I felt like I was taking shallow breaths for at least 2 weeks. Actually, to the point where I couldn't really talk on the phone as I'd become breathless.

It'll get much better soon sjay, you've just got to give yourself time.

I Rememer the 3 rd or 4th day they were so tight and heavy on my chest I started having a panic attack ! I had cold sweats and started regretting what I had done and literally wanted to pull them out (like when u stuck in a tight space) I needed to calm myself down and tell my self to breath slowly and to think on the things that make me happy I ended up falling asleep as i tired myself out 😪

Thanks for all the replies ladies, it's reassuring to know everyone goes through it. I think it's emphasised for me even more as I already suffer with anxiety and panic attacks, I don't think I realised what a toll it takes on you mentally as well as physically. Cannot wait to be a few weeks down the track from now and the tightness to have eased!

Thanks for all the replies ladies, it's reassuring to know everyone goes through it. I think it's emphasised for me even more as I already suffer with anxiety and panic attacks, I don't think I realised what a toll it takes on you mentally as well as physically. Cannot wait to be a few weeks down the track from now and the tightness to have eased!

it definitely gets heaps better. I must say that once I got into my third week, I found a massive improvement all round. Now I just need to try and get some flexibility back and start easing into gentle exercise - this was so far from my mind until now. Just goes to show how much progress happens in the 3rd week. Not long to go xx