Booked surgery with dr tavakoli Dec 21st!!!

cassiedd

Congrats!! Super exciting for sure ?

there are a few threads with some similar info, but in the meantime here is what I can remember...

You'll need extra pillows to make a pillow fort so that you can sleep in a reclining position (I used 2 regular pillows, plus a boomerang pillow and occasionally a travel neck pillow....and one for under my knees). 

You'll also need some ice packs - enough so that you can have a couple cooling while you're using others. 

Pre-cook a stack of meals because you won't feel like cooking for a week at least (chopping veggies is difficult for the first couple of weeks).

clean the house and change your sheets and do as much of your washing as possible because you won't be doing much of this straight away. 

Have a spot sorted out on your bed to keep your stash of meds, water bottle with a straw sipper, crackers so that you have something in your tummy to take your meds (you might be nauseous for the first day or two), phone/iPad, tv remote etc. I could reach stuff on my bedside table and it took a great deal of effort to get up initially. 

Your surgeon should prescribe most of what you need, but it is advisable to get some gentle laxatives (I used Laxettes and they were good and gentle). The pain killers can make you a bit backed up and that's no good when you're already in pain!

Think about anything that is stored up high and bring it down to at least shoulder level - movement will be really restricted for a while. Which reminds me - if you're going under the muscle, start stretching your pecs as much as possible! It will help with the pain of stretching them to fit your implant. 

Finally, for your hospital visit, bring a zip-up/button-up shirt, bottle of water and crackers to take meds (depending on when you were last given drugs and when you leave the hospital), a soft towel/small pillow to put between you and the seat belt and a pillow for your lap (to rest your arms on). Button/zip-up tops and stretchy shorts/pants will be your best bet for at least the first 2 weeks. I could get anything over my head for two weeks - although you can use anything that you can step into and pull up. 

In regards to your kids, depending on how heavy they are, be prepared to not pick them up for a while. My girl just turned 3 and is about 16kg and my surgeon said that I can't pick her up for 6 weeks. She climbs up on my lap for cuddles though (although she has a habit of putting her head or elbows on my boobs which hurts!).

Hope that gets you started... Good luck x

P.S. Jatz crackers saved my life!! I was incredibly nauseous for about 24hrs after the surgery and they were the only thing I could stomach to take my meds ?

Congrats!! Super exciting for sure ?

there are a few threads with some similar info, but in the meantime here is what I can remember...

You'll need extra pillows to make a pillow fort so that you can sleep in a reclining position (I used 2 regular pillows, plus a boomerang pillow and occasionally a travel neck pillow....and one for under my knees). 

You'll also need some ice packs - enough so that you can have a couple cooling while you're using others. 

Pre-cook a stack of meals because you won't feel like cooking for a week at least (chopping veggies is difficult for the first couple of weeks).

clean the house and change your sheets and do as much of your washing as possible because you won't be doing much of this straight away. 

Have a spot sorted out on your bed to keep your stash of meds, water bottle with a straw sipper, crackers so that you have something in your tummy to take your meds (you might be nauseous for the first day or two), phone/iPad, tv remote etc. I could reach stuff on my bedside table and it took a great deal of effort to get up initially. 

Your surgeon should prescribe most of what you need, but it is advisable to get some gentle laxatives (I used Laxettes and they were good and gentle). The pain killers can make you a bit backed up and that's no good when you're already in pain!

Think about anything that is stored up high and bring it down to at least shoulder level - movement will be really restricted for a while. Which reminds me - if you're going under the muscle, start stretching your pecs as much as possible! It will help with the pain of stretching them to fit your implant. 

Finally, for your hospital visit, bring a zip-up/button-up shirt, bottle of water and crackers to take meds (depending on when you were last given drugs and when you leave the hospital), a soft towel/small pillow to put between you and the seat belt and a pillow for your lap (to rest your arms on). Button/zip-up tops and stretchy shorts/pants will be your best bet for at least the first 2 weeks. I could get anything over my head for two weeks - although you can use anything that you can step into and pull up. 

In regards to your kids, depending on how heavy they are, be prepared to not pick them up for a while. My girl just turned 3 and is about 16kg and my surgeon said that I can't pick her up for 6 weeks. She climbs up on my lap for cuddles though (although she has a habit of putting her head or elbows on my boobs which hurts!).

Hope that gets you started... Good luck x

P.S. Jatz crackers saved my life!! I was incredibly nauseous for about 24hrs after the surgery and they were the only thing I could stomach to take my meds ?

Thanks for posting this -- very helpful info! 

Thank you ladies! That is an amazing list ittybittyk! 

I'm so nervous excited! I'm having heart palpitations all day haha. Good thing its christmas time so im busy preparing for that so it'll be here before I know it and over before I know it and I'll have boobs!!! Never thought id be saying that!!