Sas31

I thought I'd share my experience today as I didn't come across any similar in the forums and hoping to hear from others who have ? 

My day surgery turned into overnight stay as requested by my anaesthetist due to the pain levels and inability to move much I needed to be on intravenous pain killers. I'm not sure when I'll go home and I sure am hoping to at least be able to go to the toilet on my own soon. I was not prepared for this and hoping I can get some feedback from others who have experienced what I have ?

Hi Sas, I'm sorry to hear you've been in such bad pain. My surgery was s planned overnight stay because of my rhinoplasty and the fact it didn't finish until after 7 at night. But similarly, I required a LOT of pain relief which I was a bit unprepared for. I had drains too and getting out of bed was so hard and painful I was almost in tears and I considered staying an extra day. Some girls have minimal pain, others suffer a lot :( Make sure they send you home with strong pain relief like Endone and check if you can take anti inflammatories like Nurofen because that combo was best for me plus Valium at night. 

It it sounds like you are in good hands and have a good surgeon and anaesthetist so I hope things start to ease off a bit soon xxoo

Hi Sas, I'm sorry to hear you've been in such bad pain. My surgery was s planned overnight stay because of my rhinoplasty and the fact it didn't finish until after 7 at night. But similarly, I required a LOT of pain relief which I was a bit unprepared for. I had drains too and getting out of bed was so hard and painful I was almost in tears and I considered staying an extra day. Some girls have minimal pain, others suffer a lot :( Make sure they send you home with strong pain relief like Endone and check if you can take anti inflammatories like Nurofen because that combo was best for me plus Valium at night. 

It it sounds like you are in good hands and have a good surgeon and anaesthetist so I hope things start to ease off a bit soon xxoo

omg it's been so bad! Vomitting, swelling, tightness and now two days post op I'm getting Incision pain! I knew it wouldn't be easy but I didn't know it would be this difficult. Worse than my c section! I can't do anything for myself on my own. I just can't wait for the pain to settle down. I'm icing all the time but no improvements yet!

omg it's been so bad! Vomitting, swelling, tightness and now two days post op I'm getting Incision pain! I knew it wouldn't be easy but I didn't know it would be this difficult. Worse than my c section! I can't do anything for myself on my own. I just can't wait for the pain to settle down. I'm icing all the time but no improvements yet!

i had a lot of pain but was unable to take strong pain killers as allergic plus the antibiotics were making the light affect me and had bad headaches so I was in a dark room most of the time for 5 days icing.

im so glad my hubby was off for 3 weeks to watch me and the kids. 

After day 3 it does get better. Slowly but Just keep thinking happy thoughts to stop you from the blues. One day at a time and you will recover. 

I was in at 6am and was the last patient to leave at 5:30ish if I remember correctly. I had a lot of swelling and had a lot of bleeding during surgery. my surgeon wanted to keep me in till last minute to make sure I was going to recover ok on my own. I was convinced they were going to keep me there.

hugs keep strong. 

i had a lot of pain but was unable to take strong pain killers as allergic plus the antibiotics were making the light affect me and had bad headaches so I was in a dark room most of the time for 5 days icing.

im so glad my hubby was off for 3 weeks to watch me and the kids. 

After day 3 it does get better. Slowly but Just keep thinking happy thoughts to stop you from the blues. One day at a time and you will recover. 

I was in at 6am and was the last patient to leave at 5:30ish if I remember correctly. I had a lot of swelling and had a lot of bleeding during surgery. my surgeon wanted to keep me in till last minute to make sure I was going to recover ok on my own. I was convinced they were going to keep me there.

hugs keep strong. 

it's hell isn't it?! I've just had my poor hubby wake up at 5am to help me out of the bed because I moved too. Far down in my sleep and I was stuck- couldn't move! Today is day 3 post op I've managed 7.5 hours sleep (I got up once between that) I don't see better at all yet! Just feel like a big pain in the ass lol