Sign in to follow this  
overthinkingit

did anyone feel good the day od surgery?

evening ladies,

I had my BA at 1pm today, I finally woke up and stayed awake at 7. I'm feeling surprisingly good. I came back to my apartment did my make-up, changed clothes, went out to dinner them Christmas shopping without any post op pain relief, starting to wonder when the pain is going to hit me.

did anyone feel good post op then crash big time in the following days?

I didn't feel any pain at all. I got very intense nausea and vomiting either from the pain meds during the op or the GA. I stopped the pain meds day one incase they were the culprit and I took panadol once or twice when I was feeling tight. You might be lucky like me and have no pain at all. You might also have pain meds in your system. Hopefully your recovery stays this smooth :) some women have very bumpy roads to recovery. 

Yep every time ,this time i didn't go shopping as I remembered what happened when I did the last time I had the boobs done :( i shoped  at dfo and had a good ole time ,I got home crashed and the next day was in agony and chucking up ,it's the meds they make you feel good but there's a lot of pain underneath that ,,take it easy force yourself as I found they kinda numb you for a couple days and I don't wanna see you in worse for wear 😳 ( it's the meds in the drip and surgery ,I didn't take any extra just paracetamol next day )

Edited by Katewell

Noway lol... I struggled I had nausea for the whole day after the op. I did try and go outside for a shop with my friend but had to go back to the hotel I was in pain.. I took pain killers but they made me sleepy all I wanted to do was sleep and rest... By week 1 I felt human again... Day 9 now still got the hunch pain... Keep telling myself stand straight shoulders bk lol.... Sounds like ur 1 of the lucky 1s hope ur well tomoz x

evening ladies,

I had my BA at 1pm today, I finally woke up and stayed awake at 7. I'm feeling surprisingly good. I came back to my apartment did my make-up, changed clothes, went out to dinner them Christmas shopping without any post op pain relief, starting to wonder when the pain is going to hit me.

did anyone feel good post op then crash big time in the following days?

Congratulations!!! This is wonderful news!! So glad you're feeling so good. Gives me hope! 

I was the same, felt no pain day of surgery... I even walked to my hotel from the hospital (5 min walk)

Day 2 PO in the morning was the worst for me. I think once all the GA and pain meds they give you wear off it hits you. Mornings are the worst..super painful but once you get meds into you, you will be fine. Glad you're feeling positive and not in pain x

I felt fantastic afterwards. Not so much the next day. How are you feeling this morning?

pretty good. The nurse said yesterday if I get moving first thing in the morning I would feel better then if I stayed in bed so I got up early had a shower, got dressed, did my hair and make up only help I needed was getting one of my bra straps over my shoulder but that was me being a chicken and worried it would hurt because that side my chest was really tight and I didn't want to push my luck.

if it makes you feel any better my ribs are a nice shade of black, blue and purple and so sore to touch. Ive overdone it today and my back is now killing me.

:( poor thing...rest up..take your meds...and you'll be as good as new by tomorrow or the next day