Sas31

Omg I'm struggling not only do I have tightness swelling incision and nerve pain my lower back and shoulders are in constant agony from only being able to lay on an angle. Does anyone have any tips to help ease the back and shoulder pain? The stress the implants are putting on them at post op day 3 is enormous!!! 

Any other ways I can lay? Will a Physio help? I've been rubbing muscle cream into the sore areas but just not working! Please need some tips!

Edited by Sas31

This sounds like me 3 weeks ago I was at my end of the line started going mental because of it ! I found Osteo no help at all as they cant lie you on tummy so I resorted to hot showers this helped and lying flat ( I know we not supposed to ) but I did and it relieved it I got hubby to rub my back every day sometimes it took him a hour I was full of knots ! Heat packs I lay on and limited my standing up time , this really had a affect on how bad the back pain was too and rib pain , oh and Panadol just because I didn't know what else to do , we used glucosamine cream on my back 

Sounds like you're not getting much rest at all, sorry to hear that you're struggling and in pain?. Not sure what pin meds you're on, but if you're allowed to take mercindol (night time formula) and slap on one or two stick on heat pads (warms naturally with charcoal once it's on your skin) and occasional lie on a hard flat surface, then that will help a little. 

If you're partner is any good, really gentle massage at frequent intervals should help a little. 

Also have a play with yor pillow fort - it took me a couple of goes to get it right... Do you have a pillow under your knees? This helped me a lot (plus a boomerang pillow and a couple of others).

Hope it improves quickly for you x

the back and neck pain is worse than the pain in your boobs after a couple of days, mine was pretty horrible moving around a little bit every few hours definately helps the more i sat the worse it was, i was putting heat packs on my neck.

It does go away after a few weeks i think maybe about a month PO i started to get better my first day back at work 3weeks PO was agony on my back but once i got a few days in the movement helped