Sign in to follow this  
harmonybear

taking off dressings?

I will be 3 weeks post op tomorrow, had my dressings changed at my 1 week appointment.

All my paperwork says the new ones should start to come off within the next 2 weeks, and when the fjrst one starts coming off, to also just remove the second.

Neither of mine have started coming off yet. Should i be taking them off anyway or just leave them alone?

Yeah mine are still pretty on there too and I too had mine changed at one week PO except mines more nauseating because i have a longer scar, I had one peeling off at second week but I think during next week ill peel mine off, I was told not do it when wet but when theyre dry hmm  😊

Glad you finally did it :) it is a bit nerve racking I think, especially when it's been a while since seeing them. When did your incisions stop hurting? I feel like sometimes my post op bra sits or rubs on them and that makes them a little bit tender. I'm only two weeks PO on Tuesday but they are pretty much healed from what I could see yesterday when I took off my tape.

They stopped hurting awhile ago, not.too sure to be honest lol, just one of those things i forgot about over time so not actually sure when. I remember the first couple of days the bra was rubbing on them, but then after that i just paid no attention to them. Was panicking going to sleep last night, thinking i would wake up and they would be torn open or something, but they have even improved since last night :D