overthinkingit

Another bra question

I'm not keen on anyone locally fitting me. When I use the charts and measure myself I am getting a crazy size that cant be right. Going to wait a couple more days until I look less like a robotic blow up doll (as hubby calls me) and go try a few on because there is no way I could be a 10H

I have a pic in my gallery the black one recent shows what it's like without ! It doesn't in my opinion as I figure that's what most non wire bras are like , I make a tiny slit with one of those thread pickers so I can replace it later on slide it back in and do something stitching if needed :)

I remember my mum use to pull the wire out of all of hers when I was a kid they were all fine without them. its a great idea thank you!

I have a pic in my gallery the black one recent shows what it's like without ! It doesn't in my opinion as I figure that's what most non wire bras are like , I make a tiny slit with one of those thread pickers so I can replace it later on slide it back in and do something stitching if needed :)

ii

so with underwire does it just feel uncomfortable after? does anyone know why??? i know few girls that only wear sports bras since their BAs lol never bras... its just weird for me as my whole life ive never ever been able to wear wirefree or nothing as they have always needed that lift!

so with underwire does it just feel uncomfortable after? does anyone know why??? i know few girls that only wear sports bras since their BAs lol never bras... its just weird for me as my whole life ive never ever been able to wear wirefree or nothing as they have always needed that lift!

I wore my surgery bra until I was cleared for regular bras at 6.5 weeks to wear whatever. Wires were a bit uncomfy initially on my incisions but they are fine now although I do prefer wire free. I wear crops or wire free bras to bed. I only wear sports bras for training. A member here ended up distorting the shape of her implants (temporarily) from wearing sports bras all the time. 

I was sized and bought my first bra today, and surprisingly it's underwire! It's dreamy to wear and I have never, ever in my life liked underwire bras. I'm still in shock that it can feel so comfortable. Although I tried on about 5 different styles and it was really only one that felt amazing.

edit: I've always removed underwires too! I won't be doing that with these bras :D 

Can I ask why some of you don't like to be sized at BNT? I was hesitant but the lady there was very helpful, I had a great experience.

Edited by Mama_Milks

I was sized and bought my first bra today, and surprisingly it's underwire! It's dreamy to wear and I have never, ever in my life liked underwire bras. I'm still in shock that it can feel so comfortable. Although I tried on about 5 different styles and it was really only one that felt amazing.

edit: I've always removed underwires too! I won't be doing that with these bras :D 

Can I ask why some of you don't like to be sized at BNT? I was hesitant but the lady there was very helpful, I had a great experience.

I don't have anything against BNT's (other then I don't like what size their chart tells me I am) but one of hubby's good mates GF works there and I have not made my BA public so I would prefer at this stage to just avoid going in there. I am sure once they become more normal to me it wont bother me but right now my new boobs are no ones business but mine. 

I wore my surgery bra until I was cleared for regular bras at 6.5 weeks to wear whatever. Wires were a bit uncomfy initially on my incisions but they are fine now although I do prefer wire free. I wear crops or wire free bras to bed. I only wear sports bras for training. A member here ended up distorting the shape of her implants (temporarily) from wearing sports bras all the time. 

do u have the thread on that ? What type of sports bra was that and how did she distort them ? A lot of qs sorry I just would like to keep mine in then have them fall laterally 

nothing against them pretty sure we all love bras n things it's just not a true sizing is all , so you go up a cup in there would make it hard to get sizes there and use that cup size to compare to other bras , especially if ordering online but if you keep that in mind it's fine , I'm a c cup but in bras b things I'm a D 😳

do u have the thread on that ? What type of sports bra was that and how did she distort them ? A lot of qs sorry I just would like to keep mine in then have them fall laterally 

nothing against them pretty sure we all love bras n things it's just not a true sizing is all , so you go up a cup in there would make it hard to get sizes there and use that cup size to compare to other bras , especially if ordering online but if you keep that in mind it's fine , I'm a c cup but in bras b things I'm a D 😳

no I'm sorry Kate... It was about 6 months ago and from memory she was wearing a tight Lorna Jane crop and it made her implants look a bit squashed. She saw her surgeon who said to wear a proper sports bra with cups and all was good.

i was sized a DD at Bras n Things and every bra I have bought since was a DD although I bought a push up bra on the weekend at Myer that I probably should have bought an E in

That's that's interesting as I lived in Lorna Jane crops from 3 weeks post op when I had 590s and I was in xs too , they never damaged then it made me feel very secure lol I had displacement prior and had internal bra so it really added to me wanting to protect them plus it was really sore on sides so it helped ! That is scary stuff though 

Bump.

I'm having issues with underwire sitting on my ribs since I've had my crease lowered. It's SO uncomfortable. Even plunge bras are doing my head in.

Am I destined to wear wirefree bras forever?! Does anyone else have this issue???