Surgery done! Question about pain..

MissC

Hi Ladies

I had my surgery today and only have pain in one side under my arm/side boob. It is on the side that I use the most (right handed) just wondering if anyone else had the same?

My left side feels fine with just a few aches and shooting pain every now and then.

My nurse told me to think of them as two individual people who will heal and cope with the op totally different. She said never compare them because they are busy dealing with things their own way. 

I am right handed and from day 1 PO I have been able to do most things normally (other then reach my left shoulder). 

But my left arm has been very restricted and left boob does not cope well with the arm being used much. 

I am unsure if this is the result of me over balancing on the bed just post op and catching myself with the left arm and hurting it or if its just them healing different. 

My nurse told me to think of them as two individual people who will heal and cope with the op totally different. She said never compare them because they are busy dealing with things their own way. 

I am right handed and from day 1 PO I have been able to do most things normally (other then reach my left shoulder). 

But my left arm has been very restricted and left boob does not cope well with the arm being used much. 

I am unsure if this is the result of me over balancing on the bed just post op and catching myself with the left arm and hurting it or if its just them healing different. 

That is such a good way of looking at it!

How do you ladies go in the morning/through the night? I'm worried to go to sleep if I'm going to wake up in alot of pain ?

I had the same thing on my left side, I assume it was to do with internal stitches! Mine went away after a few weeks and I used an ice pack to minimise the feeling.

Sleeping was fine for me and I woke up feeling really tight and a bit sore but not in pain. I'm sure you'll be fine! And if not just take painkillers right away :)

I had the same thing on my left side, I assume it was to do with internal stitches! Mine went away after a few weeks and I used an ice pack to minimise the feeling.

Sleeping was fine for me and I woke up feeling really tight and a bit sore but not in pain. I'm sure you'll be fine! And if not just take painkillers right away :)

Thanks! Did you sleep flat on your back? Or did you elevate yourself? Sorry for all the questions everyone haha

first two days were easy for me morning 3,4,5 have been horrible. I put my meds next to me before bed on day 4&5 so I could take them before I moved

yeh I kept my panadol and water bottle rught next to me in bed and just had all my meds before I sat up properly :)