Vaticinal

Anyone who's borderline lift and went with just a BA? Curious about results!

Hi there!

Long time lurker but first time poster (I apologise for the length!)- I've finally decided it's time to start looking into getting a BA given I've lost over 45kilos and my breasts aren't really doing it for me anymore. I've gone from a full D to a relatively saggy B cup and I'm looking to restore some volume and look proportionate again (either aiming for a full C or small D ideally?). I've been informed by a few surgeons at this point (via emails and from photo assessments) that I'm a borderline case and have ptosis of the breast with quite a bit of skin sitting at the top due to the weight loss.

While I understand that ultimately, a lift is probably going to be my best friend- I'm only 20 years old and I'm not sure if I want to do such a big surgery at this age. I'm quite aware that pregnancy has a high chance of undoing the work of a lift, and I'd hate to go through the recovery and healing of the scars just to have to do it again 8 to 10 years down the track when I'm done having children (plus I have concerns about breast feeding). I feel like with a breast augmentation, it'll at least help with my confidence for the time being and I can always look at getting a lift later down the track and revise the implants. I'm after a more natural look and don't mind my breast sitting a little low if they're going to be fuller. My nipples are currently above the IMF, and as such I feel I'll be able to go with implants without making it much worse? 

So far I've been in contact with a few different surgeons and had quite a bit of advice on the realself pages. I've had Dr Narupon from PIAC recommend either tear drop or round implants placed sub glandular or dual plane in order to avoid doing a lift, and so far quite a few surgeons have agreed with this. While I'd love to go with Narupon, I'm concerned about travelling on my own next year and during my uni semester (I'm doing this as a 21st gift to myself). My partner won't be able to come with me due to having his own uni degree to focus on, and as such I'd probably like to stay closer to home if possible. 

I've got my first in person consultation this Thursday with surgeons from the breast academy, and then the following week will be meeting with Dr Terrance Scamp to hear his opinion after he got back to me on Realself. 

As of the current moment I've been in contact with:

- Dr Harwood - recommended a lift due to having tuberous breast? Only surgeon to say this about my breast shape, have mentioned to a few others who disagree? (Have now booked a consult with him to check in person next monday)
- Dr Szalay - recommended implants but suggested I may need to go larger then my small D limit, which I'm contemplating? 
- Dr 
Veerawat through Cosmeditour - waiting on a reply
- Dr Narupon - recommended either round or teardrop implants placed sub glandular or dual plane to avoid lift
- Dr Thanakom - recommended tear drop implants placed sub glandular or dual plane to avoid lift
- TCI southport - rejected based off photos, suggested a lift
- TCI parramatta (would be willing to travel) -  Dr Duong said that while they recommend a lift (based off photos), they'd still proceed with implants as long as I cleared the in person consultation and would be happy with a 'less optimal' result. 
- The Breast Academy - Sent in photos, they decided that they couldn't make a decision based off these alone and have decided to bring me in for a free quick in person consultation this Thursday. 
-  The Breast Institute - Sent photos, believe to be 'too difficult' of a case. Suggest lift. (Really unimpressed with these people, very abrupt and rude)
- Dr Scamp - meeting for an in person consultation in a week, has suggested implants alone based off my goal images and my own photos. 
- Update: Have contacted Dr Ali Hussain. Has said he's happy to help and will contact me soon. 

I was just wondering if anybody else has been a borderline case and opted to just go with implants for the time being? I'd love to hear about your experiences! I'm going to try and figure out how to upload some pictures onto here (edit: Have now got an album!) , but I'd really appreciate any feedback I can get! 

Edited by Vaticinal
Have now contacted Dr Ali Hussain

Hi Vaticinal,

I am a borderline case of needing a lift. My op is next Thursday. I have deflated B-C cup breasts after breastfeeding 1 baby. I started with very full DD boobs that grew to an E-F during pregnancy, and then completely lost all size and volume once my milk stopped. 

My surgeon (Dr Richard Rahdon) said even though I am borderline, he would rather not do the lift at this stage because I am still planning on having another baby within in the next 2 years. He also mentioned that implants on their own may give me the result Im after anyway and therefore wouldn't need a lift at all, or if I do, I will wait until I have finished having kids to do the lift. 

I have also chosen to go with rounds, 500cc or 550cc so apparently with that sizing it will help to lift them slightly anyway because its a bigger implant. 

That's all the info I can give right now, until I actually have my op and then I can let you know my results :) 

Hi :)

I was told I was borderline needing a reduction and a lift (in 1 breast) by Dr Tang at TCI back in September. On Monday I had a consult with Dr Miroshnik and he confirmed that I do in fact require a reduction and a lift in my right breast. I'm also really unsure what to do as I do want kids down the track and am now so hesitant in booking due to revision surgery after I finish having kids.

Dr M said though regardless to whether I have kids or not if I get the BA and the reduction/Lift I will need revision surgery at least once or twice in my lifetime as the implants age over time so either way you're up for more surgery later.

Decisions, Decisions!!

Hey babe, feel free to friend request me, I was borderline lift and had just a ba, they look good but ive decided to go thru with a lift now. If you can afford it id be getting it all done at once babe!!!

Also ask yourself if you are willing to go thru all of it with only sub-optimal results.  

Edited by L

Hey babe, feel free to friend request me, I was borderline lift and had just a ba, they look good but ive decided to go thru with a lift now. If you can afford it id be getting it all done at once babe!!!

Also ask yourself if you are willing to go thru all of it with only sub-optimal results.  

Sorry if I'm not replying to this right L! Still getting used to the site haha. I've sent a friend request through! I just really don't want to get a lift twice. From what I've heard from surgeons on real self (I've made so many posts on there haha!) a lot of them think I can get the result I'm after with just a BA. I've got an album of my before images and another of goal images if you want to have a look! Thanks so much for the reply. x

I was borderline lift in my left breast and had my first ba only with implants. my boob just looked sad, my nip pointed down and I just hated it. I didn't need a full lift only a donut one but it was definitely needed. 

I've since been back to have it done because I hated it. And now with the donut lift it looks so much nicer.

I guess in my experience I would now opt for the lift straight up. Get it out of the way :) 

Personally I would do the lift now because what if you're one of the lucky ones who experiences little to no permanent changes to your boobs due to pregnancy and breastfeeding? 

A lift shouldn't affect your ability to breadtfeed but keep in mind even a ba alone can cause permanent nipe changes such as numbness. 

It's completely your decision though so whatever you do decide best of luck and congrats on your weight loss! 45kgs is a huge achievement. 

@Vaticinal..your boobs look very similar to mine. I was also rejected by TCI southport. I'm having a consult tomorrow (my first) so will be interesting to see what he says. Personally if I were you I wouldn't risk travelling to TCI Paramatta...there's been a few girls recently who have travelled all the way there and been sent home.. They only want to do the straight forward cases. 

@Melissa82 - they seem to be pretty fussy, which is obviously good but I found it strange that Parramatta still said that they'd go forth with the procedure? Best of luck to you! If you don't mind, will you let me know how you go? I've got an appointment on this Thursday, then one on Monday and Thursday next week so I'll report back with what I've been told at those. 

@Cupcake85 - Thank you for your advice! I really appreciate it. At the moment, if I was to do a BL it'd definitely be overseas due to the cost and unfortunately would just be getting the BL for the time being which would more then likely leave me at an A cup which isn't exactly ideal haha. I've been grilling both my mum (she had her breast done by Dr Doyle a few years back now) and my nan constantly about how they went with pregnancy and unfortunately they suffered fairly big changes in regards to their breast shape and it seems to be hereditary. Plus, I don't mind where my breast sit at the moment- it's just the general shape? It's all just incredibly confusing!

I guess my ultimate thing is I just really don't want to spend the money on a lift just to regret it later down the track and am terrified of potentially facing the scarring twice. A lot of the surgeons I've discussed this with have been quite understanding and feel that the results I'm after are achievable, so it's just finding someone I'm comfortable with and the right price!  

Just in case I've included a picture of my breast front on and side on, alongside with my three dream BA's. I've got more in a public album if you want to have a look! x

upload.jpg

ex1.jpg

boob6.jpg

ex5.jpg

Edited by Vaticinal

@Vaticinal i reckon it depends on the surgeon..i was a little shocked they knocked me back cos i saw a borderline lift case of theirs on instagram (very much like mine) where the results with just a BA were great. There were a few ladies commenting on that pic tho, upset that they had also been knocked back..ill see if i can find the pic

Wont let me post a pic..

If youve got insta go to the TCI page on there. Theres more pics and a couple of borderline lift cases with that are similar to you. Its a bit hard tho cos they hide the nipples so you cant really see exactly where they sit and i think that can make a big difference

@Melissa82 unfortunately I couldn't find many between all the amazing boob shots haha! I did spot one though, and amusingly enough it was done by Dr Duong who assessed my photos. I think it's at least nice that the Parramatta TCI offered to go forth and have an in person consultation? I think it's the least the southport one could do for borderline cases, especially given photos can be so hard to judge (I always feel like my front on pictures don't really show what I'm working with). I'm keeping it as an option for the time being, just because I have family down (my dad, actually haha) there and at least it wouldn't cost me too much if I was to be rejected? Like obviously it would suck and kill my self esteem a little, but I'd still get a visit in to see family so it wouldn't be a complete waste of time. 

All the best with your consultation today, by the way! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. x

Hi Vaticinal! 

I was in a pretty similar situation to you - TCI parramatta said I was borderline but I went and had a consultation with Dr Duong and he said I could proceed without the lift. I'm 4 days post op and pretty happy with the results. I figured I'd give it a go without the lift and if later down the track I wasn't happy I could do it then. 

@Alyceinwonderland, thank you for letting me know! I have no issue with getting a lift down the track if needed, it's just for the time being if I can go without it- that's going to be preferred. Not to sound weird or anything like that, but would you happen to have any before/after pictures? If not I completely understand! Congratulations on your surgery and all the best for recovery! x

Edited by Vaticinal

@TashGR, Dr Tang has said that a lift would be preferable and if I wanted to go through TCI, then I should go with Dr Duong as he's got more experience with it. From what I've seen on the TCI instagram page, it does seem to be the case. Very confusing though. They've been very informative which is appreciated though! 

@TashGR, Dr Tang has said that a lift would be preferable and if I wanted to go through TCI, then I should go with Dr Duong as he's got more experience with it. From what I've seen on the TCI instagram page, it does seem to be the case. Very confusing though. They've been very informative which is appreciated though! 

TCI don't do lifts at all..... Do you mean he has more experience with borderline cases? 

Hun mine were similar (ish) but also a bit asymmetrical, my implants are great but my nipples sit REALLY low which is why imgetting a lift. If you can deal with your nipples not sitting high then just go the implants...

Is it a great idea to surgeon shop until you find someone who tells you what you want to hear instead of what you need?  You'll pay a cosmetic surgeon to give you a 'sub-optimal' result - and you're ready to pay for it all over again with a plastic surgeon who'll fix the cosmetic surgeons sub-optimal work?  Good luck ladies, fingers crossed for you that you're happy with your results, because if you're not you'll need to start all over with a plastic surgeon qualified to do whatever it takes to give you a great result.  TCI aren't being fussy, there're trying to prevent unhappy clients.  They're being smart.

Is it a great idea to surgeon shop until you find someone who tells you what you want to hear instead of what you need?  You'll pay a cosmetic surgeon to give you a 'sub-optimal' result - and you're ready to pay for it all over again with a plastic surgeon who'll fix the cosmetic surgeons sub-optimal work?  Good luck ladies, fingers crossed for you that you're happy with your results, because if you're not you'll need to start all over with a plastic surgeon qualified to do whatever it takes to give you a great result.  TCI aren't being fussy, there're trying to prevent unhappy clients.  They're being smart.

yeah I think they are being a lot more savvy with all the recent bad press, which isn't a bad thing to be honest... 

Agreed!! I'm a forum tragic, I've been here for years and remember when TCI started. There were some HORRIBLE borderline BA's done with them.  Then after a while they started talking about 'sub-optimal results', it sounds like they're really restricting who they're willing to accept now, and why wouldn't they?  They have no obligation to accept difficult cases.  They offer a 'McBoobjob' - round, textured unders - not appropriate for everyone.  They're catering to the girls who just want bigger boobs, anyone more complicated than that would be very naive to think that a McBoobjob will give them the best result.

Edited by Jaddles