Sign in to follow this  
JesB

To all the mums with babies/toddlers

Hi,

Im having my BA next Thursday, but have been advised that I won't be able to pick up my 1yr old for 7-10 days post op. I just wanted to ask my other fellow mums out there if you have any tips on how to manage getting your little ones in and out of the cot/change table/high chair.

I will have full time help for 3 days and then after that I'm basically on my own from 8am till 5:30ish each day until the weekend rolls around again. 

I can probably change my son on the floor and then I might have to even feed him sitting on the floor :unsure: I think its the cot situation when he has his few naps during the day, not sure what to do about that part.

Any tips and advice would be awesome :)

xx

I had my BA last Monday. I have an 11 month old and a nearly 3 year old.

the first 3 days I locked myself in the bedroom and only came down just before bed time to give them some cuddles.

by Thursday I was feeling great and was able to sit on the floor and play with them. I didn't lift my 11 month old until Saturday. We went to a concert and I couldn't not pick him up. I was told I could pick them up when I felt comfortable.

ive been looking after them by myself the last 2 days and have been fine.

i mostly just sit on the floor with them, only pick them up if they really need it. It's not painful but by the evening I do feel achy.

I haven't had I haven't had my BA yet but have two young children and asked the ps re lifting and he recommended lifting them to the hip rather than from the front...does that make sense?? So I guess if you get really desperate you could do this??

Day time naps, id let her have sleeps on matress on the floor.  I found it a bit tricky getting my youngest in and out of her cot.  I did have full time help for a while.  The hardest was in the middle of the night when she needed mummy.  If you have your partner at home, maybe he could get bub in the night.

It is a bit tricky and hard when they cry to be picked up, but honestly its only for a couple of weeks that you feel restricted.  Just take it easy.

Those 3 days that you have full time help, I would defo make the most of it and lock yourself away to have some total rest. x