Hi there!

Just quickly, I wanted to see if anybody had gone with Dr Ali Hussain in Brisbane? I've seen a few complaints, but more positive feedback in regards to him and was hoping that maybe people would be willing to share their results with him! He's offered a consultation with me next week and sounds positive that he can give me my desired outcome, but I'm a little nervous about paying the $100 for the consultation especially around christmas. 

I'd appreciate any feedback! 

You've read a couple of bad reviews and still happy to consider him? If you're a straight forward BA I would say you could consider him. If you're borderline lift or asymmetry I wouldnt. I've seen a few unhappy girls who were not even told they were borderline who definitely needed a lift. They ended up very very unhappy. There are also a number of happy patients on here. Breast augmentation isn't something you should skimp out on. It's not a once off procedure.

You've read a couple of bad reviews and still happy to consider him? If you're a straight forward BA I would say you could consider him. If you're borderline lift or asymmetry I wouldnt. I've seen a few unhappy girls who were not even told they were borderline who definitely needed a lift. They ended up very very unhappy. There are also a number of happy patients on here. Breast augmentation isn't something you should skimp out on. It's not a once off procedure. The consultation price isn't even a fraction of what they're going to cost you in the long run. Especially if you need revision after your first surgery due to being unhappy. I personally wouldn't go with a surgeon that you can easily find bad reviews on. Every surgeon is going to have one or two unhappy clients, but when they're so easy to find... It's not a good thing. 

Lauren beat me to it. There ARE some happy patients on here for sure but there have been a few poor results. Yes, every surgeon will probably have a few patients unhappy for various reasons but as Lauren said, the bad reviews are easy to find.

i saw 3 surgeons and each consult cost between $200-250. 

@LaurenT it's part of why I wanted to ask! I've seen a few people with negative comments, but they seem to be moreso about the fact they didn't get a 'fake' look like they wanted. I'm after a natural result, and as such I thought asking people would be an alright thing to do. 

I've seen at least one bad review on every surgeon I've looked at thus far, and at this point I've practically searched all of Brisbane and the Gold Coast. I don't think I'm being silly for wanting to hear about other peoples experience, nor do I think it's necessarily a mistake to consider him when I've found the results I have seen to be quite good? The bad reviews made me think enough to want to ask for more information, and that's what I'm hoping to find out haha!

I'm 20 years old and researching this on my own to try and help make my family more comfortable with it, so if I'm able to show them feedback from 'real people' (they get worried about fake reviews) then I feel like it will put them at east as well? Finding this forum has been a godsend because it's definitely helped put the jitters at ease and made me feel a lot less alone. 

I really appreciate the feedback and you do make a really good point, but the price is something I'm concerned about. I'm a full time uni student, but after losing over 45kilos over three years, this is something I really, really want to do for me. If I have to do a payment plan, then that's all well and good- but if I can get good results at a slightly lower price? It's going to be tempting. The girls who've had good experiences with Dr Ali have absolutely raved about him so I was curious if anyone was willing to share pictures/their own experience.

(I'm so sorry I just reread this and realised how aggressive it could come across! I really do appreciate your opinion and I'll definitely keep researching him!) 

@imperfectly_lou I've got a few consultations lined up - I've actually got my first one tomorrow which I'm incredibly nervous about haha! I've got The Breast Academy tomorrow, then next week willing be seeing  Dr Harwood next monday and Dr Scamp to hear their opinions.  Do you have any advice for the consultations? I'm worried of going in and them thinking that I'm an idiot or something. 

I'm just interested in hearing as much as I can about others experiences! I've only seen two particularly negative reviews about Dr Ali on here, and while I understand why the girls are upset and feel terrible for them, I'd like to hear what others have to say as well beyond what I've read so far. x 

Edited by Vaticinal

I've seen three unhappy women on here.

There are plenty of brisbane and Gold Coast surgeons that you'll struggle to find bad results from. They aren't budget surgeons though. It's all good to get a good result from a lower price, but what if you don't and you end up having to pay 15k plus to fix the issue on top of what you paid your surgeon. There are plenty of better budget options like The Breast Institute and The Breast Academy. 

@LaurenT, oh no! I completely understand and I hope you don't think I didn't take the feedback on board. I've decided to push back the appointment well into January so I have a bit more time to think on it and have a look around. I'm just getting incredibly overwhelmed with the searches and different feedback I've been getting. Hopefully the consultations over the next few weeks help clear things up for me. 

I think it's normal to feel overwhelmed. I think the first consult will help you think a bit more clearly and perhaps some ideas on what you need to think more closely about. I hadn't considered profile before my first consult so I had no idea when the surgeon showed me the Vectra and asked what I wanted! 

I remember the girl Lauren is talking about. Wasn't recommended a lift, it wasn't even discussed and she had a really terrible result and the surgeon just said, well what did you expect??? She was a single mum, no money to get it fixed. 

I had a consult with Dr Hussain and he told me I could get either overs or unders whereas I already knew overs were not an option for me because of how little breast tissue. He was happy to give me the placement I wanted but I lost a bit of confidence in him from giving me that advice (and prior to consult I had read on here he has a preference for overs). 

He gets raved about a lot on a Facebook group but he is a member of that group so I'd doubt anyone unhappy with him would comment there. I agree with the comments above that ultimately enough mixed reviews for me to be happy I had a different surgeon. 

Thank you so much @Heather86 and @soren711! I've friended you both. It means a lot that you're happy to share your results!

@Pepper9 - I've just decided to delay the appointment. Hopefully after having a few consultations, I'll be a bit more confident about voicing my own opinion by the time I get to Dr Hussain? I'm a little undecided about going over/under though I've been primarily recommended overs or dual plane based off photos. x

I have been 100% set on an augmentation all year. I had a consultation with Dr.Ali in around March, but my experience completely turned me off getting a BA. He told me I would get overs, and when I asked him about what unders even were he refused to discuss it, telling me that HE is the experienced surgeon and that I "should stop googling things". 

I felt uncomfortable and was left feeling completely confused. I made an appointment with The Breast Institute in October, and now have my BA scheduled with dr.Phil Richardson on the 19th of this month. He is a highly regarded plastic surgeon, and TBI does straight forward BA's with rounds for 6490. At my first consult I actually felt very rushed, though with that being said i found him to be very professional and willing to talk to me about anything I asked - even though he must hear the same questions  daily. I had a follow up appt today, and couldn't be happier that I am going with Dr.R - I'm not even slightly nervous, just 100% excited!

So, I may or may not have caught Ali on an off day, and I'm sure lots of girls have had good experiences. My point is, have as many consults as you need, but find someone that fills you with confidence and enthusiasm. TBI has been great so far, I highly recommend getting a consult with them in the new year :) 

xx

I have been 100% set on an augmentation all year. I had a consultation with Dr.Ali in around March, but my experience completely turned me off getting a BA. He told me I would get overs, and when I asked him about what unders even were he refused to discuss it, telling me that HE is the experienced surgeon and that I "should stop googling things". 

I felt uncomfortable and was left feeling completely confused. I made an appointment with The Breast Institute in October, and now have my BA scheduled with dr.Phil Richardson on the 19th of this month. He is a highly regarded plastic surgeon, and TBI does straight forward BA's with rounds for 6490. At my first consult I actually felt very rushed, though with that being said i found him to be very professional and willing to talk to me about anything I asked - even though he must hear the same questions  daily. I had a follow up appt today, and couldn't be happier that I am going with Dr.R - I'm not even slightly nervous, just 100% excited!

So, I may or may not have caught Ali on an off day, and I'm sure lots of girls have had good experiences. My point is, have as many consults as you need, but find someone that fills you with confidence and enthusiasm. TBI has been great so far, I highly recommend getting a consult with them in the new year :) 

xx

im same day with phil at 1.30pm 😆

Woo hoo! So exciting! I'm first up at 7, which I'm super pleased about - I'd get so hangry otherwise haha! You nervous / excited?! Xx

omg you're so lucky going in that early 😆😆

Hell yes  so excited i cant believe its only 2 weeks away ... i will be so sick from fasting i normally eat every 2 hours lol 

How are you feeling hun ? X

omg you're so lucky going in that early 😆😆

Hell yes  so excited i cant believe its only 2 weeks away ... i will be so sick from fasting i normally eat every 2 hours lol 

How are you feeling hun ? X

yes so, so keen! The day before is my last working day until January, so perfect timing! It's coming around so fast! Just think how fabulous we'll feel for summer! I wonder how long we have to stay at the hospital after surgery? X

yes so, so keen! The day before is my last working day until January, so perfect timing! It's coming around so fast! Just think how fabulous we'll feel for summer! I wonder how long we have to stay at the hospital after surgery? X

same for me last day on friday until jan 11th woop woop 😆😆

no sure think you have to stay a few hours ..how early do you go in for admission? 

finally  be able to look decent in a bikini  😉

I was first in with Dr R at 7am and left about 11am as a rough guide. Surgery itself was from 7:30-8:30am.  It took me a while as I had an endone after waking so they waited for that to fully kick in before I got dressed. They were also really busy so had to wait for someone to discharge me and my sister was waiting for a while after they called her to come get me.  The girl who was after me left at about the same time, she didn't have any endone from recollection. So it depends how you wake up and if in pain etc I think as to how long there for. 

I was first in with Dr R at 7am and left about 11am as a rough guide. Surgery itself was from 7:30-8:30am.  It took me a while as I had an endone after waking so they waited for that to fully kick in before I got dressed. They were also really busy so had to wait for someone to discharge me and my sister was waiting for a while after they called her to come get me.  The girl who was after me left at about the same time, she didn't have any endone from recollection. So it depends how you wake up and if in pain etc I think as to how long there for. 

Thanks pepper, that's really helpful! Apparently the hospital will call me the day before to advise what time to arrive etc? After surgery, will they give me my phone back, or will they call my partner to come and collect me? He'll just have to put up with it and wait otherwise haha - it's not every day I get new boobies! Eeeep! :)

Thanks pepper, that's really helpful! Apparently the hospital will call me the day before to advise what time to arrive etc? After surgery, will they give me my phone back, or will they call my partner to come and collect me? He'll just have to put up with it and wait otherwise haha - it's not every day I get new boobies! Eeeep! :)

they'll call your partner when ready ... If you are anything like I was snd in fairyland on endone you won't ba able to call anyway!!  Yes the hospital called me about 4pm I think the day before surgery to confirm time and then they give instructions re showering etc. exciting stuff! Good luck! 

Hi all, 

I know this thread is a few weeks over, but I have my BA booked with Dr Ali in 3 days... I have seen some happy clients, but after reading this, I am freaking out! I already paid the hospital and Dr Ali....

Hi all, 

I know this thread is a few weeks over, but I have my BA booked with Dr Ali in 3 days... I have seen some happy clients, but after reading this, I am freaking out! I already paid the hospital and Dr Ali....

Hi Emily, 

I had surgery with him 2 weeks ago this Friday.  Send me a friend request and we can chat.  

I am soooo happy with my results.  I got 390cc dual plane (unders) with Dr Ali. I have my follow up app this Thursday and I was called every day after surgery by his assistant.  He also messaged me too.