GeeK

Nerves before surgery

I'm booked in with Dr Rahdon in Geelong for my surgery tomorrow and received my call today saying my admission time is 7.30am. I was at work and actually had to come home from work as a few hours after this I got intense stomach pains and (sorry for the detail) horrible diarrhoea. I haven't really been feeling all that nervous to be honest but in the past I have had similar reactions because of nerves. I'm just hoping I haven't got a bug or something now and wondered if anyone has experienced something similar? 

Hi GeeK,

I think that sounds like nerves because I have the same reaction when I have intense nerves kick in. I got that reaction (sorry if its TMI), when my surgery date got moved forward a week, as soon as i was off the phone to Dianne I was nauseas and couldn't leave the bathroom :mellow: It was a whole mix of excitement, nerves and a bit of "what the F*** am I doing?" lol 

I hope once you can have a good rest and a good meal you feel better! 

Hi GeeK,

I think that sounds like nerves because I have the same reaction when I have intense nerves kick in. I got that reaction (sorry if its TMI), when my surgery date got moved forward a week, as soon as i was off the phone to Dianne I was nauseas and couldn't leave the bathroom :mellow: It was a whole mix of excitement, nerves and a bit of "what the F*** am I doing?" lol 

I hope once you can have a good rest and a good meal you feel better! 

Thank you JesB for your encouragement you're so lovely ! Maybe subconsciously I am very nervous - I have been having a LOT of dreams about surgery for the past few weeks 😊 I think I need to just relax and get pre-op photo taking tonight haha. I will update tomorrow - and hopefully I can help you too if you're feeling nervous before your big day ! 

Your welcome hun! If you've been having lots of surgery dreams I'd say it is definately nerves and not illness :) I'm sure in a weeks time you will need to reassure me and encourage me, because If I got bad nerves just from a change of date who knows what I will be like the day before lol 

Geek you're not sick you're just nervous I can 100% guarantee you!! Exact same for me before surgery- exact! After surgery you'll laugh at yourself at how silly you were with nerves. It's SO much fun being put under anaesthetic I had a party time in the OR as I was falling asleep. And my nurse was soooo nice she held my hand she was this lovely little old lady. When I met with anaesthetist and Richard I felt so much better as well. Yay! Have fun tomorrow!!! 

Yep I had pre op poops ha ha ha

i was so nervous going in that I actually though I was going to poop my pants. (My hubby had to pull over on our way to the hospital so I could run into the servo!) 😳

I laughed out loud I love it!

Yep I had pre op poops ha ha ha

LOL!

GeeK it's probably just hit you that it's actually happening. I'm a week away (today) and I'm still calm. I'm sure the night before, I, too, will literally be shitting myself :p Good luck!

I'm booked in with Dr Rahdon in Geelong for my surgery tomorrow and received my call today saying my admission time is 7.30am. I was at work and actually had to come home from work as a few hours after this I got intense stomach pains and (sorry for the detail) horrible diarrhoea. I haven't really been feeling all that nervous to be honest but in the past I have had similar reactions because of nerves. I'm just hoping I haven't got a bug or something now and wondered if anyone has experienced something similar? 

How did you go GeeK?