mumma4girls

HELP- daughter having BA at TCI and warned of double bouble

Hi, i've just joined this forum so forgive me if i sound ignorant.  My daughter had her appt with Dr Tang and is having 460cc size BA in the next 2 weeks.  The surgeon warned that she may get double bubble as he has to scrape lower than her under breast line due to her nipple being too low.  I've watched the current affair segments against TCI for many botched up surgeries and the CEO resigning and am very worried about my daughters operation.  Can anyone tell me if they have double bubble and other issues?

I will be the first to admit I am not a TCI fan. From what I have seen if your surgery is very straight forward and their generic operating style suits your body type the results can be good. I personally could not look natural with under muscle round implants it would not work with my rib structure. I chose Dr M because he had the skill and knowledge to create what I wanted.

Hi Mumma4girls, I am a TCI patient, currently 6 months post op, my doctor wasn't Dr Tang but I had Dr Ali. Before surgery I had one nipple facing forward and one slightly facing to the side (If that makes sense). I am very happy with my results and I had great experience with TCI.

Hi mumma4girls, I had Dr Kenny through TCI and am incredibly happy with my results. But that being said, I was straightforward, had no obvious risks- maybe you could encourage your daughter to get a second opinion with a plastic surgeon?  

Hi mumma4girls, I had Dr Kenny through TCI and am incredibly happy with my results. But that being said, I was straightforward, had no obvious risks- maybe you could encourage your daughter to get a second opinion with a plastic surgeon?  

i am also a happy TCI patient, but also a straight forward BA with no forseeable complications. I am 3 weeks post op with Dr Lee.

i agree with mamma milks, maybe a second opinion wouldnt hurt if your daughter would consider it.

did dr tang seem confident about the situation or concerned? I would also ask how many times he has dealt with a case like this before and what the outcome was.

I hey Mama_Milks,

i was originally booked with Dr Lee at TCI but they actually cancelled on me as I was a 'tougher case' and weren't confident in operating on my. I had my surgery today with a lovely surgeon in Geelong (I just posted my experience) and all he had to do to correct my issue was two different size and profile implants. He chose to do over the muscle on my due to my rib shape and scoliosis and is very confident about the results. I would suggest to her to see a plastic surgeon just for peace of mind - if you get a doctor referral you can normally be reimbursed for a lot of the fee that most surgeons charge for a consult 😊

I would not go through them being warned off this risk and would go with a plastic surgeon who has more training especially in complicated and reconstructive work. 

Please advise your daughter to at least have a consult with a plastic surgeon. 

I know there's good outcomes from some TCI patients however if your daughter's at risk of double bubble she's better off with a plastic surgeon. 

I had a fine experience with TCI. 

But have also been to a plastic surgeon, and hands down that experience was better. 

They honestly don't cost to much more than TCI (assuming that's the reason people go there because that's the only logical reason)

Paying a couple of thousand more for someone who is extensively trained especially if it's not a straight forward case may save her lots more down the track.  

I was booked in with TCI this month but changed my mind due to the media coverage and my thinking I might not be straight forward. That being said, my friend had a BA a few years ago with a plastic surgeon who warned her she would have a double bubble. She was accepting of the fact as she wanted to have a second BA to go larger anyway. 

Honeslty though hearing sub-optimal results and TCI in the same sentence does not sound great. I think go for a second opinion with a plastic surgeon! 

Hi, i've just joined this forum so forgive me if i sound ignorant.  My daughter had her appt with Dr Tang and is having 460cc size BA in the next 2 weeks.  The surgeon warned that she may get double bubble as he has to scrape lower than her under breast line due to her nipple being too low.  I've watched the current affair segments against TCI for many botched up surgeries and the CEO resigning and am very worried about my daughters operation.  Can anyone tell me if they have double bubble and other issues?

I was told the exact same thing for the same reason but I have had no double bubble I am 8 months PO (I was also with the same surgeon)