Vee

Travelling to see Dr Miroshnik for op

Hi ladies,

Has anyone travelled to see Dr Miroshnik for BA surgery? Would love any feedback and also what it was like flying back as im not too sure of any dangers associated. Keeping in mind its a decent flight back to perth!

I didn't have to fly but I did have a 4hr drive.

first appointment was over the phone, he was awesome made me feel instantly comfortable and like I had known him my whole life.

I had my sizing appointment with him last Wednesday and surgery Thursday post op nurse check Friday and headed home Saturday. He prefers you to stay a week post op so you are close if there is a problem. I am guessing because you are flying he will want you there for the 7 days I only really got put early because of family commitments.

honestly he is worth flying over here for he is amazing and his team are fantastic. I stayed at the quest apartments in bondi‌ I was on level 2 his surgery is level 7 so nice and close on a Thursday he operates at bondi private hospital which is straight across the road from the quest so even after surgery all I had to do was walk across the street so much easier the trying to find your way around Sydney and parking.

@PrincessEm86 might be able to give you some info on the flying side of things 

That is so much help already 

He was fabulous on the phone i actually couldnt believe it. He suggested based on photos i could go max 330cc anatominal and wide style as i have a small waist. Im a 6 on top and 8 on the bottom.

To be honest my fav ones from his posts always seem to be 250 -300cc.

I am booked in for the surgery on a thurs having my post op check on monday then leaving. Just worried about the pressure of flying?!

Very daunting at the moment. Quite worried about what size etc and have also read quite a few posts about them being firm for a while. 

That I can @overthinkingit!

Hi Vee! I'm from Perth and it's the best decision every - not to say that Perth Doctor's aren't good enough, but I really researched Dr M after looking Instagram and loving how he really embraces the natural look.

I rang and booked in my surgery date and pre paid a deposit for that before I had spoken with him on the phone (because I decided in Sept and wanted early Nov for recovery by Christmas). Then had a phone consult with him 2 weeks out from my op lol

Flew over the Sunday afternoon, settled into Meriton Apartments in Bondi Junction - 5 min walk from his office, had 9.30am sizing consult the Mon and then the Surgery Tues morning at 8.30am at East Sydney Private which is about a 25min drive in peak hour traffic.

Had a really easy recovery, took all meds and pain killers as required and was up shopping and out for coffee etc the next day. His pre req is to stay at least 5 nights, you have to see the nurse before you can fly home, so I saw the nurse at 10am the following Monday (at his Dr M's rooms) and she gave me the instructions for tape removal at 3 weeks etc and checked everything and then we flew home 2pm that day.

Flight home was fine and my friend with me had her 8 month old and I was even able to have him standing on my lap and stuff.

Not sure on your circumstances at home, but I am so happy i travelled interstate as I wouldn't have been able to really rest and recover here as much as I did there. Although I don't have children to pick up after and my husband is amazing, I know I would have tried to do too much as we run our own business and this is our busiest time of year and my husband is working 10-12 hour days and couldn't have been the right support if that makes sense.

He was fabulous on the phone i actually couldnt believe it. He suggested based on photos i could go max 330cc anatominal and wide style as i have a small waist. Im a 6 on top and 8 on the bottom.

I am booked in for the surgery on a thurs having my post op check on monday then leaving. Just worried about the pressure of flying?!

Very daunting at the moment. Quite worried about what size etc and have also read quite a few posts about them being firm for a while. 

I am a bit bigger than you, an 8-10 bottom and was about an 8 top and I preferred all the pics from 250-300 as well. Turns out I had a hollow pocket up the top of each boob that needed to be filled.. he went for 330 (taking in 295 & 315 as well into surgery) and I am over the moon..

Have a look at my pics..

My 5th day was Saturday (which would be your Monday) and as much as everything else for me was fantastic I had a bit of a down day that day and wouldn't have wanted to fly home just because I got my period, thrush from the antibiotics and had 4kgs of fluid retention. But that was just me, and a full week away worked was what I needed even to destress from work.

Don't worry about them being hard, they get softer - I have a gf had them done here in Perth waited like 6 months for Dr T Connel and hers have been hard for 4 years.. I haven't heard anyone mention Dr M's are hard because of the placement and type that he uses.

in terms of sizing his pics I like were all between 330-395. We went in with 375,420 and 440 on his advice, my thoughts before surgery were 375 but I told i him to use whatever he thought would look best. I was very clear that I did not want the fake look. He is known as the boob god for a reason, I picked the look I was after and trusted him to decide how to create it.  

That I can @overthinkingit!

Hi Vee! I'm from Perth and it's the best decision every - not to say that Perth Doctor's aren't good enough, but I really researched Dr M after looking Instagram and loving how he really embraces the natural look.

I rang and booked in my surgery date and pre paid a deposit for that before I had spoken with him on the phone (because I decided in Sept and wanted early Nov for recovery by Christmas). Then had a phone consult with him 2 weeks out from my op lol

Flew over the Sunday afternoon, settled into Meriton Apartments in Bondi Junction - 5 min walk from his office, had 9.30am sizing consult the Mon and then the Surgery Tues morning at 8.30am at East Sydney Private which is about a 25min drive in peak hour traffic.

Had a really easy recovery, took all meds and pain killers as required and was up shopping and out for coffee etc the next day. His pre req is to stay at least 5 nights, you have to see the nurse before you can fly home, so I saw the nurse at 10am the following Monday (at his Dr M's rooms) and she gave me the instructions for tape removal at 3 weeks etc and checked everything and then we flew home 2pm that day.

Flight home was fine and my friend with me had her 8 month old and I was even able to have him standing on my lap and stuff.

Not sure on your circumstances at home, but I am so happy i travelled interstate as I wouldn't have been able to really rest and recover here as much as I did there. Although I don't have children to pick up after and my husband is amazing, I know I would have tried to do too much as we run our own business and this is our busiest time of year and my husband is working 10-12 hour days and couldn't have been the right support if that makes sense.

I am a bit bigger than you, an 8-10 bottom and was about an 8 top and I preferred all the pics from 250-300 as well. Turns out I had a hollow pocket up the top of each boob that needed to be filled.. he went for 330 (taking in 295 & 315 as well into surgery) and I am over the moon..

Have a look at my pics..

My 5th day was Saturday (which would be your Monday) and as much as everything else for me was fantastic I had a bit of a down day that day and wouldn't have wanted to fly home just because I got my period, thrush from the antibiotics and had 4kgs of fluid retention. But that was just me, and a full week away worked was what I needed even to destress from work.

Don't worry about them being hard, they get softer - I have a gf had them done here in Perth waited like 6 months for Dr T Connel and hers have been hard for 4 years.. I haven't heard anyone mention Dr M's are hard because of the placement and type that he uses.

I think you and I have probably had almost identical experiences! Both had really easy recovery compared to the stories on here, it was my hollow spot at the top that made Dr M go up to 420 from the original plan of 375. Even day 5 was my I hate the world day, I felt so trapped and almost claustrophobic in my post op bra. 

OMG why such bad fluid retention?! I feel i suffer from that naturally anyway and my period is due a week or so after so I will be suffering from bloating and fluid retention before the op. My body changes considerably approaching my monthlies and also for the first few days. I 'gain' a few kgs. 

I guess I will just have to wait and see what he recommends but I want to make it very clear i want natural and still on the smaller side so a C would be great. 

I guess I am also contemplating between the wide style anatomic and i guess just a normal anatomic. Im afraid the wide style might make them look too far apart if that makes sense.

OMG why such bad fluid retention?! I feel i suffer from that naturally anyway and my period is due a week or so after so I will be suffering from bloating and fluid retention before the op. My body changes considerably approaching my monthlies and also for the first few days. I 'gain' a few kgs. 

I guess I will just have to wait and see what he recommends but I want to make it very clear i want natural and still on the smaller side so a C would be great. 

I guess I am also contemplating between the wide style anatomic and i guess just a normal anatomic. Im afraid the wide style might make them look too far apart if that makes sense.

I hold a lot of fluid when i go to Bali or when I'm hot anyway so I was prepared for it. Lasted about a week or so, but apparently it's from the endone (pain killers) and also th g.a- sometimes people who have drains don't experience this apparently. Anyhow just be prepared and take loser fitting clothes and know it'll go away! 

Dr M will guide you towards what suits your body, the pics you would have send won't give him your overall body compared to in person.. He thought I had two different sized boobs from the pic but then in person he was like on no they're the same.

I hold a lot of fluid when i go to Bali or when I'm hot anyway so I was prepared for it. Lasted about a week or so, but apparently it's from the endone (pain killers) and also th g.a- sometimes people who have drains don't experience this apparently. Anyhow just be prepared and take loser fitting clothes and know it'll go away! 

Dr M will guide you towards what suits your body, the pics you would have send won't give him your overall body compared to in person.. He thought I had two different sized boobs from the pic but then in person he was like on no they're the same.

haha i do have two different sized ones but the photos made them look even more so. I'll have to ask whether it is safe to take any fluid tablets to possibly help. 

Fluid is the worst! Honestly I looked 6 months pregnant day 1 PO and it was funny watching it go down, started as my whole belly then eventually looked like a tyre around just above my hips. Then when I thought it was almost gone I bloated. This massive big round hard belly, Hubby wanted to go shopping while we were in sydney and hes cruising all these really nice shops finding me clothes and the shop assistants keep asking me to try them on and Im there thinking I am normally a size 10 and right now a 14 wouldn't have a hope in hell of doing up there is no way I am trying anything on. I read something on here earlier that said drinking lemon juice in water helps but to expect it to last about 3 weeks.

Fluid is the worst! Honestly I looked 6 months pregnant day 1 PO and it was funny watching it go down, started as my whole belly then eventually looked like a tyre around just above my hips. Then when I thought it was almost gone I bloated. This massive big round hard belly, Hubby wanted to go shopping while we were in sydney and hes cruising all these really nice shops finding me clothes and the shop assistants keep asking me to try them on and Im there thinking I am normally a size 10 and right now a 14 wouldn't have a hope in hell of doing up there is no way I am trying anything on. I read something on here earlier that said drinking lemon juice in water helps but to expect it to last about 3 weeks.

Oh geez this is stressing me out more. The no exercise will really get me down as well.

Thanks I saw that and thought i must remember. I used to drink dandelion root tea and stinging nettle possibly for fluid retention

stopping chest workouts 4 weeks before surgery and gym sups two weeks before really got me down. And now that's I am bloated i just feel like a whale but then I look at my boobs and I stop caring about my pregnant looking belly. The fluid and bloating will go when its ready and I will deal with the extra kgs when my boobs are up to it.

stopping chest workouts 4 weeks before surgery and gym sups two weeks before really got me down. And now that's I am bloated i just feel like a whale but then I look at my boobs and I stop caring about my pregnant looking belly. The fluid and bloating will go when its ready and I will deal with the extra kgs when my boobs are up to it.

The stopping of supps definetly got me down too- was putting a double espresso into my morning smoothie to give me a kick before a workout.

Whats hard now is walking when I'd usually run and only being able to train legs and not even lifting the dogs 12kg food bag easily :(

i just keep thinking, eat well and sleep well and heal well and come back stronger with nice boobies.

Whats the reason for stopping upper body work 4 weeks prior??

You have to stop building your pec muscles... Did you say you've booked cause all this would have been emailed to you?

I still did pump classes up until 3 days before- that last one I just skipped the chest track. Any upper body from 2 weeks out I did with my Pt we ensured it didn't engage the pec.

I wouldn't dare even think about running! I must have had a lot of drop in the last 24hrs because instead of being tight up high the tension is across my nipples so even little bit of bounce hurts.

I guess at the end of the day I should just listen to their advice. My body will change will no exercise but hey. I'll just hit it hard again when I'm allowed to and continue eating healthy

I guess at the end of the day I should just listen to their advice. My body will change will no exercise but hey. I'll just hit it hard again when I'm allowed to and continue eating healthy

my theory was I researched surgeons for years, believed I found the best, paid more than double what I could have elsewhere i was going to do exactly as I was told because he was an expert no me.

the only thing I didn't do was take the valium as directed. The nurse said if I felt good and didn't want to take it during the day that was fine just make sure I had it before bed to help the muscles relax and reduce morning boob.

I think at the end of the day there are two factors in both why  @overthinkingit and I have had a much easier recovery than many others - we have a fantastic very experienced surgeon and we are both fit and healthy people :)