Brisbaneboobjob

Dr Ali Hussain bad scars? Has anyone else had this problem

Hey ladies, 

I'm almost 7 weeks post op and my right scar is not right. I have a massive  hole above my actual incision which just isn't healing. It was all scabbed over for 6 weeks and it fell off and looks like this now? I've tried to talk to my surgeon about it but he thinks "the look great" which they do not!! He told me that he thought the scab was just a bruise!

also, that weird pimple looking thing feels like a stitch poking into my skin, I've had it for 3 weeks now and it really hurts when I touch it and I can feel something under the skin. Is that normal?

Also, I've got really bad stretch marks and I'm using Vit E cream twice a day and have been since 6 weeks pre op. Any tips? Just feeling so down about my boobs, love the shape of them but they are covered in stretch marks and my scars are so ugly :( feeling like I made a bad choice with my surgeon cause he doesn't seem to care. 

Also, how many post op appointments did you girls have? I've only had 1 and it was at 3 weeks post op, does that seem normal? And I haven't been contacted to schedule any more. Really feeling neglected ! :( 

image.jpeg

That does not look good at all. I would sent him a pic of that just now. Also I would go see GP to get a second opinion and address your concerns with them. 

I got stretch marks with first pregnancy so they were already there for me. All I can suggest is bio oil helps a lot. I'm 10weeks PO and they are only starting to settle back down. 

I hope you get the scar seen to though as I would be worried about it. 

Regarding aftercare I had to schedule my own 3 week PO appointment as nobody from Esteem contacted me AT ALL not even within the 48 hours after. Dr Ali advised to arrange for another consult at 12 weeks but I had concerns about my boobs so I had an appointment last week. Iv to schedule another appointment end of Jan to see how my boobs are doing and if they are evening out. (One is dropping faster than the other and one is bigger so was addressing my concerns) will see how things go. 

I hope he gets back to you quickly and acts professional 

I had the dressesings on for the first 3 weeks and then my surgeon said it was fine to leave them with nothing on them

Regarding aftercare I had to schedule my own 3 week PO appointment as nobody from Esteem contacted me AT ALL not even within the 48 hours after. Dr Ali advised to arrange for another consult at 12 weeks but I had concerns about my boobs so I had an appointment last week. Iv to schedule another appointment end of Jan to see how my boobs are doing and if they are evening out. (One is dropping faster than the other and one is bigger so was addressing my concerns) will see how things go. 

I hope he gets back to you quickly and acts professional 

I definetly feel that they need to work on after care!! 

Hopefully your boobs even out xx

Try not to worry too much lovely although I know it must be hard! Hopefully your dr responds to you in the morning and can see you soon. When did the scab fall off? Is your incision hot? Temperature? Any signs of infection take yourself to ED. As the other girls suggested see your GP tomorrow. I saw your post when you were originally concerned - doesn't seem to be getting better at all. Disappointing to think you're not being supported by your dr. I'm 10 weeks post and have seen him three times and due to see him again in two weeks. Big hugs x

Try not to worry too much lovely although I know it must be hard! Hopefully your dr responds to you in the morning and can see you soon. When did the scab fall off? Is your incision hot? Temperature? Any signs of infection take yourself to ED. As the other girls suggested see your GP tomorrow. I saw your post when you were originally concerned - doesn't seem to be getting better at all. Disappointing to think you're not being supported by your dr. I'm 10 weeks post and have seen him three times and due to see him again in two weeks. Big hugs x

it isn't hot so that's good! Scab fell off a few days ago. Still waiting for him to reply, wishing it would hurry up and heal! I'm so impatient haha.

Yeah, I was surprised when I didn't have a 1 week post op appt, and didn't see him until 3 weeks and then didn't get a call to schedule a 6 week appointment 

My original surgeon was like this - no follow up for three weeks, which is the time when serious complications can happen. And I had big long red scars, and I normally don't scar badly. They were very big considering I had quite a small implant. Some doctors are not very skilled in their suturing. 

But that would needs to be looked at ASAP. From the pic I can't tell if the yellowish stuff is pus or slough. 

If it is infected you will definitely need antibiotics. If it is not you will need to have the slough debrided as it is dead tissue and the cavity packed so as to prevent abscess formation.

Is anything oozing from it? Is it painful or hot around the area? 

And before any smart arse says I don't know what I'm talking about, in the UK, it's the nurses that are the would management experts and the doctors said the patients to us because we have extensive training in wound care. They will be the first to say "get the nurse to look at it".

If your surgeon thinks that cavity looks great he needs his eyes testing. Defo see your GP. They will be able to help but defo get on to it sooner rather than later. Good luck, hope everything is okay and send you good vibes 😊

it isn't hot so that's good! Scab fell off a few days ago. Still waiting for him to reply, wishing it would hurry up and heal! I'm so impatient haha.

Yeah, I was surprised when I didn't have a 1 week post op appt, and didn't see him until 3 weeks and then didn't get a call to schedule a 6 week appointment 

you're not impatient, this is your body! You've invested a lot of money and all of your faith in someone to do the right thing by you and take care of you! make sure you see GP tomorrow - if anything for reassurance. Now there is no scab you don't want to risk germs etc getting in. Infection is your enemy. If there is even a hint of infection you need to sort it immediately! Keep us posted x

My original surgeon was like this - no follow up for three weeks, which is the time when serious complications can happen. And I had big long red scars, and I normally don't scar badly. They were very big considering I had quite a small implant. Some doctors are not very skilled in their suturing. 

But that would needs to be looked at ASAP. From the pic I can't tell if the yellowish stuff is pus or slough. 

If it is infected you will definitely need antibiotics. If it is not you will need to have the slough debrided as it is dead tissue and the cavity packed so as to prevent abscess formation.

Is anything oozing from it? Is it painful or hot around the area? 

And before any smart arse says I don't know what I'm talking about, in the UK, it's the nurses that are the would management experts and the doctors said the patients to us because we have extensive training in wound care. They will be the first to say "get the nurse to look at it".

If your surgeon thinks that cavity looks great he needs his eyes testing. Defo see your GP. They will be able to help but defo get on to it sooner rather than later. Good luck, hope everything is okay and send you good vibes 😊

I googled Slough and I think it is that and not pus. Will defs make a gp appointment to get it cleaned out and  looked at!! 

Maybe you could post your pic in the "ask a surgeon" category here and get a response from another surgeon?? I had an infection at three weeks and I had a similar amount of redness etc with no pus. I'd think about going to see GP if can't get answer from surgeon. At least they will be able to assess if you should go onto antibiotics whilst waiting for a response. 

Sorry to crash in on a different topic but @WhingingPom I'm not sure if your comment about smart arses was directed at my question on the chest weight thread but if it was I apologise as it was not that meant that way. I am genuinely concerned that I might be damaging myself by my training and was asking your experiences about that as I hadn't heard that before. 

If you look at some pix of the incision scars on here posted from other ladies you will see how they should look or at least similar ..that to me does not look ok at all go to GP asap .. as for your surgeon i have to refrain from what i want to say. . Grrrr at this particular surgeon

Hugs x

Sorry to crash in on a different topic but @WhingingPom I'm not sure if your comment about smart arses was directed at my question on the chest weight thread but if it was I apologise as it was not that meant that way. I am genuinely concerned that I might be damaging myself by my training and was asking your experiences about that as I hadn't heard that before. 

Huh no not at all I didn't even see that! I am just at work so quickly flicking through now. 

No it was just a general comment as people have made comments about us nurses not knowing as much as doctors in the past, when there are times we have more knowledge or experience in an area. 

That meme about nurses job being to save people from doctors killing you is only a half joke! 

Edited by WhingingPom

Still waiting on him to reply :( 

I got stretch marks post op under and to the side of my nipples and they literally popped up overnight. I used rose hip oil every single day for probably 3 months. I'm now 8 months post op and they've pretty much faded.

In regards to your scars mine never got the scabs you are mentioning but the actual incision healed like SH!T. Dr Ali said around my 3 month post op appt he thought they looked good. I've got lumpy hard parts on my scar. I must admit I didn't massage the scar like he told me I should straight away.

I got stretch marks post op under and to the side of my nipples and they literally popped up overnight. I used rose hip oil every single day for probably 3 months. I'm now 8 months post op and they've pretty much faded.

In regards to your scars mine never got the scabs you are mentioning but the actual incision healed like SH!T. Dr Ali said around my 3 month post op appt he thought they looked good. I've got lumpy hard parts on my scar. I must admit I didn't massage the scar like he told me I should straight away.

mine popped up over night too!! That makes me feel better but!!

Why are you still waiting for a reply? I would be calling until I get a response or seeing a GP. He has your money so by the sounds of things he feels as though his job is done. The last thing you need is any kind of infection. I wouldn't be wasting time waiting for him to reply.