I've recently found out I have tubular breasts and coming from my most recent consult in Adelaide it appears I will need two surgeries. The first to place stretchers under the muscle which will be gradually be filled to represent the implant size. A few months laters these stretchers will be removed and the actual implants will be placed in. 

This procedure was totally new to me and I didn't ask nearly enough questions in my consult. 

Has anyone had stretchers placed in as a part of their augmentation? Was the double surgery worth the end result? 

Thanks so much! 

Wow, I've never heard of that?! Sounds fascinating though. Perhaps it has something to do with how constricted your actual breast tissue is from being tuberous? It's a bit of a punish to have 2 surgeries though when most tuberous ladies can get away with one surgery for their BA.

Have you had any more consults? 

I read an article about a similar sounding procedure done in New York for a tuberous case. Sounds long and arduous but the outcome met the expectation of the woman who had it done. *edit* cosmopolitan article, see below link ☺

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/health-fitness/advice/a6342/tuberous-breast-deformity-first-person/ 

Edited by jdm

Thanks so much for your replies. I'd had a previous consult with a surgeon however he had much less experience with tubelous correction and he suggested over the muscle about 325cc. I did much prefer my second consult and it sounded like he had previously done the procedure with stretchers first over a 3 month period to stretch the lower pole then do the augement. Obviously I want the best result but it does seem a little over the top!  

I've had photos sent off for Medicare approval so I'll see what comes of that! I definitely would prefer one procedure and I plan to ask lots more questions from the surgeon about this double procudre!