Blossom

Post op bra too small? Leaving a mark on one breast.

I'm 15 days post op and was fitted while in hospital with my post op bras but yesterday I noticed when I took it off there was a mark on the underside of one breast, I thought initially it was a stretch mark but it was slightly indented when I felt it. I sleep bra-less and this morning when I checked, it had gone away.

Have just looked again now and same spot, same side has the mark/indent on it again 😫 I'm thinking that the bra is too small, but given I was fitted by the nurse it shouldn't be! I just don't want it to leave a permanant indentation on that breast if that's even a possibility. 

Also my breasts are both still so, so sensitive. I can't stand the seatbelt across my chest when I'm driving, and sometimes even my top is irritating and makes them feel tender, despite them bej g super numb at the same time - when does this feeling go away?!? 

Has it always left his mark or have you only just noticed? Usually when post op bras are fitted they are quite snug to compensate for swelling. At 15 days post op quite a bit of the swelling should have gone down by now. It might be too tight though. Which part of the actual bra is leaving the mark? Is it the band?

I don't think that it has - if it has always left the mark, I've never noticed it before - but I only got my dressings off 2 days ago so maybe this was why. 

Hard to describe the bit that's leaving the mark, but it's the little sewn part that helps make the roundness for your breast to fit the bra properly - can you tell what I mean by the photo (the vertically stitched bit)?? I've just put a tissue in my bra over that bit to see if that pads it out enough to make a difference. 

image.jpeg

Edited by april6420

The tissue seems to have done the trick - it's just left its own impression now 😞 I don't really want to have to have a tissue in my bra for another 4 weeks though, I might have to find another alternative. 

Can the carefix bras be bought in a shop? I'd rather try one on than to end up with another one that doesn't fit well.