Rhinoplasty Scar Treatment - help!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/27/2016 at 3:32 PM, Holly said:

yes, some people are more likely to develop keloid scarring, mostly people that have darker skin tones or apparently also pregnant people. That said, my skin is light olive and I always scar badly :( 

Hi holly! Have you had a rhinoplasty done? or is this not in the cards for you given that you scar badly. I have some keloid scars on my knees. 

One of the doctors i went to is dr andrew kim, he gives free consult. I went to three though. It pays to know what other surgeons have to say, or learn how their treatment plans are so that you will have a variety of choices and you can pick which one is a more suitable option based on your circumstances. Scarring is def a thing for me as well and I have always been apprehensive about surgery because of it. You can bring that up though during consultations. I believe there are certain injections that can help remove or tone it down? 

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/1/2016 at 0:23 PM, cosmetic said:

What did Dr Kim advice you for your scarring ? didn't e perform your rhinoplasty ? 

Yes he did.

During my consultation he said that my concerns are valid and that we should always ask our surgeon about this regardless of what procedures you get. However, he also assured me that keloids rarely develop in the central face. He goes on to explain on scarring and how it develops. On my end, I was happy and relieved that I never got to experience it. My concern came out of the fact that I developed a small keloid scar when I had my chicken pox. Thankfully it was not the same with the incision i had in my nose job.