voluptuous_aj

Is it normal to be having doubts?

It's less than two weeks till my BA and I'm not sure if I'm just nervous about the op but I keep having doubts rush through my mind constantly. I've wanted BA for years but somehow it never really dawned on me having the actual procedure. 

Ive saved up for it but I'm worried about money and wondering if I'm being irresponsible and if the money should go towards something else. 

I'm nervous about the procedure... And if I'll have enough healing time (currently only have 3 weeks off work- I'm a nurse on a busy medical ward)

it never really occurred to me I'd care about people knowing but now that a few people know and are talking about it I wonder if I should've kept my body choices more discreet. 

Have I chosen the right size, does my surgeon understand my goals and has he guided me to make the right size choice?

Are these thoughts normal? Don't get me wrong I am super excited as well.  Does anyone else go through these kinds of emotional mind games or is it just me?

It would be abnormal if you weren't having doubts. It is a big decision (and a surgery) with some risks but  well worth it! Once you have beautiful boobs you won't even think about the money you've spent, trust me :) I think people stress about size too much, especially when it's over 20-50cc. There really isn't a noticeable difference. 

Edited by LaurenT

I was thinking about making the same post. I am booked in next Tuesday and feeling all the same things. I am not even organised...how will i drive and can i hide it from people and will i be in much pain...Christmas is less than three weeks away and will i be out of action to enjoy with the kids 😕 its never been a reality and now i don't know.  Its a dream coming true and i am a little scared and a lot unsure too. 

I feel the same and I'm 7wks til op. I would hate to think what i will be like the week before.

I have the same doubts you do. Im addition, will i hate them getting in the way and importantly, should i just have waited til after kids etc

I was thinking about making the same post. I am booked in next Tuesday and feeling all the same things. I am not even organised...how will i drive and can i hide it from people and will i be in much pain...Christmas is less than three weeks away and will i be out of action to enjoy with the kids 😕 its never been a reality and now i don't know.  Its a dream coming true and i am a little scared and a lot unsure too. 

I was thinking the same thing about Christmas as well... Am I going to be in pain and miss out on the fun things like, cooking/baking which I always enjoy doing, swimming etc... 

Another massive thing that scares me is having external sutures removed... When do they normally come out?  Isn't it usually 7 days PO?  Cause My op is exactly one week before Christmas, so they said I'd see my PS again 5 days PO to have sutures removed, will this be too soon or will this be ok??  I'd hate to jeopardize the healing of my wounds!! 

I feel exactly the same, I think our surgery date is similar. I think it's normal, but doesn't make the next couple weeks easy to get through does it?

Exactly!  I just keep trying to remind myself of how awesome the outcome will be a few months down the track, and trying to get over all my insecurities and just be excited about it..... easier said then done hey?

I was having all the same thoughts as you all have described. My BL and BA is tomorrow and I am actually feeling quite calm. I did my last workout this morning, have cleaned the house and just getting myself organised for tomorrow.  My husband took some pics so I can compare to how I will look after the surgery and when I saw them, I just thought, 'yep I'm doing the right thing!' I'm sure it is very natural to have all the doubts go through your head but from all that I have read, it seems to be all worth it. 

I'm feeling the same too :/ My BA is  12 days away and I keep wondering if I will be any happier with boobs and if I'll be concerned about what other people think of me.  I'm worried I'm making the wrong decision and that I should just be happy as I am.  Good to know I'm not the only one having doubts.

Hahaha I can so relate to all of you. I'm so worried about my boobs making me look top heavy, and will having boobs be a burden having to wear bras pulling down on my shoulders lol. At the moment my boobs are so small I just wear a crop top. No weight on my shoulders at all. Fearing my partner won't like them, will they make me look fat, will I end up with an autoimmune disease!!!! Hahahahahaha Shuuuuuuduuuuup!!! Hahaha my mind wants to destroy me lol. 

Thank God I have already paid. Even with all that crazy thinking, I can't wait to look feminine.

I was having all the same thoughts as you all have described. My BL and BA is tomorrow and I am actually feeling quite calm. I did my last workout this morning, have cleaned the house and just getting myself organised for tomorrow.  My husband took some pics so I can compare to how I will look after the surgery and when I saw them, I just thought, 'yep I'm doing the right thing!' I'm sure it is very natural to have all the doubts go through your head but from all that I have read, it seems to be all worth it. 

Good luck!!!!  Cant wait to hear about your results xxx

Thank goodness I only have 11 more days to wait, I think I probably would've gone mad if I booked it for a few months time and had to think about it any longer!! 

You put my question on the table, I feel your pain. Is good to know I'm not the only one. The difference is I cancelled my because on the top of everything I started feeling unsafe with the Clinic I choose. But I can't stop thinking I want to have beautiful breasts, so I'm always here reading your posts and hopping to find a good doctor I can afford...

All my friends that did it said its normal, and everyone is very happy with the results, they feel more beautiful, sexy, and confident about them selves. 

All the best for all of you!!

I'm so so glad to hear that I'm not just a nutcase and it's actually normal for my mind to be an emotional battlefield. I'm really starting to look forward to it and just get the healing process over and done with so I can start enjoying them and feeling feminine. Thanks so much for all the reassurance.