Pat.K

no post op bra?

Hey ladies, i had my last pre op appointment today and was told i don't need a post op surgical bra just a plain soft sports bra. 

Is this totally normal? Any suggestions on a brand or what kind of sports bra to get? 

I think each surgeon has his own recommendations, I am 2 weeks post op and wear a post op bra during the day, but my surgeon wants me to be bra free at night, which suits me, I find the post op bras a little uncomfortable. 

I have no idea on what crops are the best to get as I don't wear these yet, but like subtle and discreet mentioned I have heard a few ladies speak highly of the 2pk kmart ones on here recently. 

I've been advised no bra/post op bra from day 1. I've only been allowed to wear sports crops or wire-free soft cup bras. Although I have found that most surgeons seems to encourage a lot of post op compression bra wearing (reading posts on here). It suits me though because I can't wait to rip off my bra when I get home from work! Even the slight compression of a sports crop is too restrictive for me. 

Hey ladies, i had my last pre op appointment today and was told i don't need a post op surgical bra just a plain soft sports bra. 

Is this totally normal? Any suggestions on a brand or what kind of sports bra to get? 

The soft low impact Lorna Jane sports bras are so so comfy.. Target also do great 2 for $20 wire free.. I bought a maternity bra for going out at night under nice tops for like $12! Just buy from anywhere as long as they aren't compression you should be fine 😊

Im with dr broadhurst and was told i only need to wear the post op bra one week then a lorna jane crop will be fine after that. I just have to take it in to my first post op appt to get it fitted

were you able to get into a lorna jane crop 1 week PO? I am almost 2 weeks and tshirts are challenging no way I could get into any of my lorna jane crops 

I fit mine, i went from a deflated B to about a D and mine are smalls and i just removed the padding.

Only the soft ones, not the overly stylish ones although I have been very fortunate with movement and was putting cups in cupboards above my head day 3-4 (as much as I knew I shouldn't).