misshope

BA with young children

Hi ladies, I'm wanting to get a BA done April 2016. I'm worried though as I have 2 young children. At the time of surgery they will be 5 and 14 months, I can probably get help for 2-3 weeks but then I'll have to do it on my own will I be right to lift my youngest by then anyone that has been through this I would really appreciate and information you can give me ;) oh I'm going under the muscle aswell thanks 

Hi misshope,

I am having my BA done on Thursday, and your concern was also my main concern as well. I have a 14 month old and my surgeon said I will be able to start picking him up/holding him at 7-10 days post op. I will only have full time help for 3 days post surgery so I am setting up the lounge room so I can feed him sitting on the floor as well as change him on the floor. I just haven't come up with a practical solution to get him in and out of the cot for his day naps while hubby isn't home :) He might have to try sleeping on the couch or something. 

I would say you will be just fine after 2-3 weeks to carry on looking after your two little ones, however run it past your surgeon and I am sure he will have his own advice on when and how soon you can pick them up after surgery.

x

Hi ladies, I'm wanting to get a BA done April 2016. I'm worried though as I have 2 young children. At the time of surgery they will be 5 and 14 months, I can probably get help for 2-3 weeks but then I'll have to do it on my own will I be right to lift my youngest by then anyone that has been through this I would really appreciate and information you can give me ;) oh I'm going under the muscle aswell thanks 

hi misshope, I had ba in September and I have   5 and 2.5 year old. Although I tried to take it easy, I did carry my son (16kg) at times at 3 weeks post op. He's pretty rough around the edges at this age so I just had to protect my new assets😀. I had full time help for 3 days, part time for the following 3 days and I was in my own after that. In all honesty,I was too, very worried about looking after the kids, but to my surprise it wasn't all that bad at all. Good luck

Hi,

I had a BA just over 3 weeks ago. I have 3 kids aged 2,3 &5.

I am a single Mum and after 1 week was doing everything at home myself. 

I just took it as easy as I could. I had to lift my daughter from day 7 (13kg).

By 5 days post op I was driving, taking my son to the doctors ect and felt pretty good.

I have been perfectly fine and by 2 weeks I was even mopping and vacuuming my floors no problem.

The only things I am not doing that I previously was is exersize like yoga and Pilates I started walking my kids to childcare, including pushing a pram last week.

I also had under the muscle.

IMO after about 3 days post op you boobs just feel like they are full of milk, like when you don't feed for all night and wake up full.

I think I have a high pain threshold and have been very lucky. Everyone is different however so it may not be so easy for you.

Actually I ended up with a throat infection 4 days post op and it was way more painful than the implants.

All the best, you will know your limits.

Thank you ladies! You have all put my mind at ease, JesB and HarpersBizzar can you both keep me posted as to how you go after surgery would love to hear both your stories :) good luck to you both. Xx

I was wondering if it would feel like that tight constricted sort of painfully feeling of having milk  Nae so thank you for that 

It was totally doable for me with an 11 month old and a 2 1/2 year old.

I had 3 days where I locked myself away. Then after that I just sat on the floor and let them climb on me (with caution). Day 5 we went to the wiggles concert and I had to pick my son up at times (9kg).

7 days post op I was looking after them myself.

i think I had a pretty easy recovery though, only had a couple days of pain. Otherwise it's just uncomfortable. I'm now 2 weeks post op and doing everything I was doing prior. Including vacuuming etc.

take things easy... But don't restrict yourself too much. The more I laid around doing nothing the tighter and more uncomfortable I felt.

Hi I am 6 weeks post op (under the muscle ) and have a 1yr , 2 yr,4yr and 5 year old and I was abit nervous about my recovery and looking after my children prior to surgery so my mum came and stayed for the week and hubby had a week off too but I was very lucky and felt fine after surgery I actually was getting frustrated that my mum wouldn't let me do anything as I'm not used to sitting around. At one week I was all good to get back to doing everything it just took a little longer getting the kids in their car seats , vacuuming etc even though I was doing everything as per usual I was taking it slower and easier just in case something moved out of place and here and there I would pick up my two youngest kids when really necessary for the first three weeks .. just be mindful you can't put your arms above your head for a few weeks either (I just bought a couple of the short clothes lines to use for the washing and washed and straightened my hair with my head lowered lol ) fingers crossed you also have a great recovery and good luck with your surgery 😀