WAGIRL

Nose Reconstruction after accident - (images attch'd) Recommended surgeons Please

Hello Everyone :)

I had a surfing accident about 8 months ago, and have been waiting for an appointment with the public system LOL yes waiting...
I am about to seek private support.
The process was a first visit to the ER in Mandurah and this lead to an Urgent appointment with ENT in Perth (still waiting)
My nose is crooked, broken septum as I can see, I am finding it difficult to breathe, and have started mouth breathing and mouth beathing at night too.
I almost feel like I am always out of oxygen - I am sure this a result from the nose accident.

I am really wanting a good surgeon who deals in this scenario, preferably Perth.  Even if you are not from Perth, I'd love your advice please - pooing myself thinking about it but it needs to be sorted.
I'd love to see before after images to set me at ease too.
I would love to know if you think I can claim some of this back on medicare at all considering it is an accident and i am struggling to breathe properly.

Thanks again 

surff.jpg

surfff.jpg

surf.jpg

Edited by WAGIRL

Hi Wagirl you definitely will be able to claim back as its medical / reconstructive. Septum looks to be in a pretty bad way which is causing the breathing issues. 

I am not familiar with plastic & reconstructive surgeons in Perth but you should simply be able to go to your GP and get a referral & list of possible plastic surgeons over there. 

Those consultations with plastic surgeons will be able to be claimed back in some part as well. 

Imperfectly_Lou who is a member on here has had reconstruction of her septum so she would be good to speak with. 

I myself have a deviated septum (from trauma in the birth canal) which blocks one nostril which I am having surgery on next week. 

Good luck! 

Wow that really seems to be in a bad shape  man!  I think you can have it covered by insurance because it is reconstructive. I don't like to impose, since I had my nose job done by this doc, but you can try to get a consult with dr andrew kim. He doesn't practice in perth though but holds clinics in sydney and melbourne i think. You can check out his site, advancecosmetic.com becaus e he gives free consultations.  I am not sure about surgeons in perth, but as far as i know here in Sydney, there are several good ones that you can choose from. 

Wow that really seems to be in a bad shape  man!  I think you can have it covered by insurance because it is reconstructive. I don't like to impose, since I had my nose job done by this doc, but you can try to get a consult with dr andrew kim. He doesn't practice in perth though but holds clinics in sydney and melbourne i think. You can check out his site, advancecosmetic.com becaus e he gives free consultations.  I am not sure about surgeons in perth, but as far as i know here in Sydney, there are several good ones that you can choose from. 

I think he is a cosmetic, not plastic surgeon which means no Medicare number can be issued for reconstruction. 

I think he is a cosmetic, not plastic surgeon which means no Medicare number can be issued for reconstruction. 

Not only that, he's not an ENT or a general surgeon.   MBBS only.   I'm heading to my GP in a couple days,  gonna get a couple quote for rhino and heck, BA while im at it.  

Edited by mikk

3 hours ago, tan_jm said:

why don't you try dr andrew kim. he gives a free consultation and he has a good reputation in terms of performing rhinoplasty because he focuses on this surgery in particular. 

Are you on autopilot? He's a cosmetic surgeon he shouldn't even be doing noses 

On 2/27/2016 at 5:25 AM, donatella said:

Are you on autopilot? He's a cosmetic surgeon he shouldn't even be doing noses 

Hi donatella! I shared it since it was my experience. I think you can check it at their website (advance clinic) for a complete list of the doc's credentials. However, on my part, the best that I could give you would be my experience. I actually had two procedures done with him. A nose job and double eyelid surgery. I am Asian, and I can say that he has the eye for aesthetics because he is able to create a nose that suits my Asian profiles well, the same with my double eyelids. I cannot say for other patients, but I can tell you that as far as my results went, I am happy with it. I would advise anyone planning to get a nose job to do extensive research. Go for someone who has the experience and training to perform the procedure. It also pays that this surgeon will be able to show you a portfolio of his past procedures.