mb1706

Questions about sports bras!!

I'm just over two weeks post op and am finally ready to start some low impact cardio. I just don't want to wear my post op bra while exercising. So my question is, how long after surgery was it until you purchased your first sports bra?? And how did you know what size to go?

and do you have any recommendations on the best sports bras to wear? Especially so close after surgery.. 

There's been quite a few sports bra threads here recently with some good suggestions of brands and models.

Have you checked with your surgeon if you can wear bras other than your post op one? If so, does it have to be wirefree? There's a limited selection of wirefree sports bras out there, so you'll probably be limited in your selection anyway.

I wore a wirefree sports bra during exercise from 3 weeks post op, but I was cleared to do so by my surgeon first.

I'm just over two weeks post op and am finally ready to start some low impact cardio. I just don't want to wear my post op bra while exercising. So my question is, how long after surgery was it until you purchased your first sports bra?? And how did you know what size to go?

and do you have any recommendations on the best sports bras to wear? Especially so close after surgery..

First one I bought was the Nike Pro Fierce. It feels very compressed and was great for morning walk and stair climbs as my Lorna Jane didn't hold them quite close enough to my chest.

Im a size 8-10 and am sitting around a 10DD and bought a small, girl said the medium was too big when I lifted my arms it moved.

image.png

First one I bought was the Nike Pro Fierce. It feels very compressed and was great for morning walk and stair climbs as my Lorna Jane didn't hold them quite close enough to my chest.

Im a size 8-10 and am sitting around a 10DD and bought a small, girl said the medium was too big when I lifted my arms it moved.

But I was cleared at 2 weeks to swap to soft bras during the day (wire free) and post op bra for sleeping

image.png

image.png

But I was cleared at 2 weeks to swap to soft bras during the day (wire free) and post op bra for sleeping

does it do up at the back? I am 2 weeks tomorrow and can start wearing other bras but there is no way I have enough movement range to get my even my Lorna Jane crops over me head.

does it do up at the back? I am 2 weeks tomorrow and can start wearing other bras but there is no way I have enough movement range to get my even my Lorna Jane crops over me head.

Oh no luv sorry it certainly doesn't! It's a big T back.. Can you get someone to help?

no, not without a lot of pain. My implants were pretty well in my armpit until day 12. I can get tshirts on only loose ones.

Oh dear 😞

I did try on a Champion sports bra yesterday that did up at the back but I think it also went over your head. All the rest at wire and we can't wear them until 6 weeks with dr M!