what did you tell your kids?

prue

Just wondering the mums with kids, what did you tell your kids?

I have b/g 6 year old twins and i just realized i haven't told them anything about what i am doing but they are so observant and at that age where they like to tell everyone things and i go in tomorrow andi have no idea what to say as i wont be able to have them lay all over me they sleep in my bed still. Just wondering? ?

My kids are a bit younger (4&2) but my husband explained to the that mummy has an "ouchie chest" and that they can't climb on me/cuddle me and I can't pick them up for a while. They're both being great and my daughter (2) asks to sit beside me and hold my hand when she needs to be close to me which is just adorable. 

I have two girls 12 & 15 and I was worried about what to tell them as I didn't want them to start feeling self conscious about their body imagine, particularly in their teens. Anyway I explained that I wasn't happy with how my breasts looked and that since they could be 'fixed' I was going to go ahead, particularly as it was something that bothered me for a long time.  They understood and have been so helpful from hanging out and picking up washing to washing my hair and helping me to get dressed. I honestly could not have done it without them. ❤️

I told my 7 and 9 year old that I was having a little operation on my boobs as they didnt feel or look right after having children and explained that this sometimes happens. I also made them very aware that as its a private area that they weren't to tell anyone else but that they could talk to me about it more if they wanted to. They never said a word to anyone about it at all. My 3 year old I told that I had sore arms as I couldn't pick him up or carry him around as I normally would've. 

I''m curious to know too! My little girl is 4 and HAS to know everything and asks endless questions about anything and everything so I think I am just going to have to tell her straight up

I told my 4 yr old niece. She would definitely have noticed. She was super excited for me and after the op was and still is 12 weeks  post op careful with me. The 1st time she saw me after surgery she carefully climbed into my lap and sat there asked all types of questions. How I was feeling, how the dr did the operation, all that. I suppose with that age it depends on the maturity of the child. :) Good luck :) 

I just told my younger kids (age 11, 10 and 8) that I was going to hospital to get something fixed but that I wasn't sick. 

I told my 19 year old daughter the truth - her response was beautiful (I deserve to do this after having 4 kids). 

I just got home today and my 11 year old noticed my bruising though (oops) - she looked worried but I said not to worry. 

I have 3 boys 9, 10, 11 and all me and my husband told them was what all they needed to know- I had an operation that was private and female. Their dad was like "it's woman stuff" lol they might notice but even if they do I'm a big believer that it's none of their business they are young boys and I didn't lie to them.

I have a 7 year old girl and a 4 year old boy and had 425cc implants I went from a deflated. B to and DD/E so noticeable difference and I haven't told them anything, they've never said anything I asked my daughter if she noticed anything different and she said she didn't so I left it at that

if they ask me one day I'll tell them but until then they don't need to know 

I told my 4 yr old niece. She would definitely have noticed. She was super excited for me and after the op was and still is 12 weeks  post op careful with me. The 1st time she saw me after surgery she carefully climbed into my lap and sat there asked all types of questions. How I was feeling, how the dr did the operation, all that. I suppose with that age it depends on the maturity of the child. :) Good luck :) 

Yep! I feel like that will be me, explaining the process. There is no way my girl won't notice, she already tells me that my boobs aren't 'up' anymore haha. She saw me as an F when I breastfed her and saw them deflate to what they are now. She is very observant and inquisitive and has to know everything. I couldn't hide anything from her if i tried

This topic has just made me realise I haven't told MY kids anything! they are 8 (boy) and 12 (Girl). I think Id worry about telling my girl in case I am contributing to her having body image issues in the future. 

I am thinking not to tell them or make a big deal about it. They are away with my extended family for school holidays so wont be around for my recovery period anyway. 

Thanks for the post Prue!!

Yep! I feel like that will be me, explaining the process. There is no way my girl won't notice, she already tells me that my boobs aren't 'up' anymore haha. She saw me as an F when I breastfed her and saw them deflate to what they are now. She is very observant and inquisitive and has to know everything. I couldn't hide anything from her if i tried

lol It's incredible how kids even at that age can be so observant! . Let me know how you go. x

This topic has just made me realise I haven't told MY kids anything! they are 8 (boy) and 12 (Girl). I think Id worry about telling my girl in case I am contributing to her having body image issues in the future. 

I am thinking not to tell them or make a big deal about it. They are away with my extended family for school holidays so wont be around for my recovery period anyway. 

Thanks for the post Prue!!

they really don't need to know do they? ?

Thank you for your replies everyone, my hubby told the kids i had to get my back fixed so mummy is in a little bit of pain on my chest as well. They know i had a sore back because afew weeks ago i was lifting a pallet in the chook pen and a rat ran up my leg and I jolted my back cos it scared the crap out of me and i stumbled out and fell over just couldn't move so its been believable to tell them that haha. But they are full of questions about it all so just being careful what to say. I know they will tell even if i said not to because they are not good at keeping a secret or understand my privacy. They think they need to know everything as well as like to tell everyone else everything. My neices who are teens know and are really supportive and they have boobs, so they know that both me and their mum got missed in that department ?

I have 3 & 5 year old sons (5 year old is very inquisitive....he told everyone within earshot at our local supermarket that "my dad had the snip" when we were asked if we were having any more kids!! I told the boys that mummy has a really sore chest...mother in law blew my cover the day I got home & said to the 5 year old "out you get mate, I want to see mums new boobs" She's a nurse & was there at my sons birth so has seen it all! 

I have 3 & 5 year old sons (5 year old is very inquisitive....he told everyone within earshot at our local supermarket that "my dad had the snip" when we were asked if we were having any more kids!! I told the boys that mummy has a really sore chest...mother in law blew my cover the day I got home & said to the 5 year old "out you get mate, I want to see mums new boobs" She's a nurse & was there at my sons birth so has seen it all! 

oh no Bec did he then ask heaps of questions?? My kids are so curious and are very happy for freedom of speech. I have already been judged by 2 out of 4 sisters so am not telling anyone who doesn't already know ?

I told all of mine what was happening, especially as I wouldn't be able to carry my 3yo for 6 weeks. I spoke to him about it for the weeks leading up to surgery, 'Mummy is going on a plane, seeing a doctor to get new boobs, and I'll be healing and sore when I see you again. I won't be able to carry you, but I'll still be able to huggle!'

A common saying here is that 'our bodies are magic and they heal' so he knows healing means getting better.

The older kids (10/8/5) all know too, but I also spoke about privacy, even though I'm open with them, it's still private to anyone outside our family. I appreciated their help with the 3yo too, it was all hands on deck while I was healing :)