Candida and UTI's

ab1990

I suffer frequent UTI's (had at least 5 this year which is pretty normal for me). I've had my doctors culture my urine samples and had bloods run etc but they keep coming back normal.

I do everything to prevent these eg - pee before and after sex, wipe from front to back and take ural and antibiotics when it happens.

I am starting to think there is more involved to this then the generally testing from my GP and hoping to turn to natural medicine. I am taking vitamin A,C,E & Zinc plus ethical nutrients UTI support. 

I was wondering if anyone has experience with Candida Diet/Treatment (googling symptoms and I seem to have a lot of these such as joint paint, fatigue, UTI's, occasional anxiety).  

Sorry for my long rant but I am really sick of being house bound by these UTI's.

I am also a long time sufferer of frequent UTI's - to the point that I ALWAYS keep some ab's in my bedside drawer!

I have tried everything to prevent them.  To a degree, the strong strength Cranberry tablets help, but only if you take 2 tablets, twice  a day at that first tingly not right feeling.  If that doesn't help, I have found my new amazing godsend is a teaspoon of Bi-carb mixed with half a glass of water - it hasn't failed me yet!

Triggers for me are always sex (regardless of weeing or not before and after), letting myself get rundown or generally overtired, and also sometimes before and after my period.

Ab is it candida or UTI or both? Candida is thrush which is fungal and UTI are bacterial (not always). But very different, frequent candida without relief should get a gynae referral. Are you aware your partner can carry so he will need treating too. What birth control are you on as some of these make it worse 

No it's not thrush, I've only had that once thank god. I'm on the depo shot and have been for 4-5 years.

From DR Google I've also found you can have an overgrowth of candida (without thrush) growing on your insides (stomach) which causes a huge amount of issues. I've got a lot of the symptoms but the biggest thing is even though I'm generally healthy I consume a lot of sugar which causes a lot of these issues. 

Guess it's time to clean my diet right up and start looking after myself.

Heres a link to just one of the sites I found some info on it

http://www.return2health.net/articles/candida-overgrowth-candidiasis-overview/

Yes but the candida will present as thrush. a uti is a completely different issue and mainly linked to your urinary tract and bacteria. They are 2 different issues one fungal one bacterial. Candida will manifest as thrush and the uti symptoms are the typical pain, blood, burning and can lead to more emergent issues in your bladder and kidneys. Candida is very different to this I'm not sure which one you mean. A UTI really can't be controlled through diet like candida issues but then if you aren't having recurrent thrush then it isn't candida I'm confused lol. 

Lol I totally get what you mean with bacterial vs fungal. I've got UTI that's for sure, the burning, frequent need to go to the toilet without really needing to go. 

I'll keep taking my vitamins and looking after myself. Fingers crossed the doctor is able to find something because I'm at my wits end.

• 1 month later...

Hey,

Have you looked into gut health, scientests are bringing out research about gut health and linking it to many different illnesses and diseases. Good gut health can make a world of difference. A simple google search can give you heaps of Information if thats the path your looking at going down, I make a fermented tea called  kombucha but you can get in other forms fermented veggies, water  Kifler. 

Good luck

Hey,

Have you looked into gut health, scientests are bringing out research about gut health and linking it to many different illnesses and diseases. Good gut health can make a world of difference. A simple google search can give you heaps of Information if thats the path your looking at going down, I make a fermented tea called  kombucha but you can get in other forms fermented veggies, water  Kifler. 

Good luck

thanks. I spoke to my acupuncture guy earlier this week and his wife is a homeopath and he said it will be to do with my gut health and immune system! 

How do you make the tea? He suggested a good probiotic daily which I already do. Also told me to cut all sugar and clean up my diet. It's actually pretty good but now I've gotta be super strict.

to make it your self you need a host bacteria (SCOBY), apparently you can order them online but maybe ask around maybe a Facebook buy swap sell page?? Then there is a process it's really simple you just need to get all the ingredients tea, sugar (yes sugar the nasty table whit sugar too, but don't worry that's what the bacteria needs to feed off and grow) and something to brew it in I use a big glass water dispenser they had them at dollars and sense for $20. You can google the recipient there all the same and turn out the same but basically you brew your tea add sugar poor into dispenser and let sit for a week or 2 (depends on temperature) then you drink it it taste like a sweet vinegary taste it's hard to describe . you can do different t flavours depends on the flavour tea.

or health food shops or chemist stock premade ones but you need 1 a day so that can get expensive plus I reckon it's great making your own, 

i woukd give you a baby of my SCOBY but I live in Darwin. I don't suppose you live up here??

note: every time you make a new batch your SCOBY produces a "little baby" and in no time you will have heaps to share with friends/ family the more SCOBY the better your tea will be. 

Hi AB, I used to have an awful time with them, but since seeing a naturopath i haven't had once since. She put me on some kind of kidney cleanse medication for 2 months and i haven't had one since. I also take a probiotic daily (take it at night before bed) and i am trying to really cut down on sugar (although not doing so well after xmas). Its awful getting UTIs, really not a fun time. All the best that you can find something that works for you. 

thank you. Hoping 2016 is the year I can finally beat them! 

Research organic coconut oil. I have found my stomach./bowel issues have decreased after including coconut oil in my diet. You have to start off with a very small amount of it because the oil has anti-bacterial properties. So when you include it in your diet, it kills off the candida. But when candida dies, it does release toxins which can make you feel a bit yuck for a while. So I started off with a few drops of the oil in my cereal. Then as my body got used to it, I gradually increased the amount to a full teaspoon. I also do something called oil pulling. Research this also. I have also included cranberries into my diet - dried cranberries in my cereal + I buy the frozen cranberries which I eat with yoghurt each day.

If you want to get into the "spiritual" aspect of UTI's and candida, it actually means you are literally "p!ssed off" with a person or a situation. It is usually not a new issue but rather an old issue that the body is holding onto until the mind works it through.

Just food for thought. :)

Edited by pink butterfly

I love the sound of this. So good to hear from people doing the similar thing.

do you just use the organic coconut oil from a health food shop or the macro stuff from woolies? 

How long have you been doing this and how long before you noticed a difference? I've cut all refined sugar from my diet again (no cakes, lollies, chocolate etc). I am really struggling but I know the health benefits and need to stick it out. Plus hopefully I'll lose some kgs before my wedding :)

I love the sound of this. So good to hear from people doing the similar thing.

do you just use the organic coconut oil from a health food shop or the macro stuff from woolies? 

How long have you been doing this and how long before you noticed a difference? I've cut all refined sugar from my diet again (no cakes, lollies, chocolate etc). I am really struggling but I know the health benefits and need to stick it out. Plus hopefully I'll lose some kgs before my wedding :)

I buy Planet Food - organic virgin coconut oil - from Coles. I have been doing the oil pulling for over a year now. I only do it for 5 to 7 minutes at a time. I used to do it 7 days a week but now I do it for 4 days or so - family life sometimes makes me forget to do it. :) I did notice a big difference in my periods and PMS symptoms. Unfortunately I just had surgery for endometriosis but I personally believe that if I hadn't done the oil pulling my endometriosis would have been much worse. It was caught in the early stages thank goodness. I have also noticed my teeth are not so sensitive and they have whitened up a bit more. The white coating that people can get on their tongue has also really lessened. I also have found that my emotions are a lot more stable so I feel it has helped my nervous system as well.

Re the cakes, chocolates etc, I try to cut that out as much as possible too. But I am also a believer in everything in moderation. So if I have a little cheat snack, I don't beat myself up over it. I just enjoy it and then move on.

But you are right in saying that sugars are an implication in UTI's and candida.

I buy Planet Food - organic virgin coconut oil - from Coles. I have been doing the oil pulling for over a year now. I only do it for 5 to 7 minutes at a time. I used to do it 7 days a week but now I do it for 4 days or so - family life sometimes makes me forget to do it. :) I did notice a big difference in my periods and PMS symptoms. Unfortunately I just had surgery for endometriosis but I personally believe that if I hadn't done the oil pulling my endometriosis would have been much worse. It was caught in the early stages thank goodness. I have also noticed my teeth are not so sensitive and they have whitened up a bit more. The white coating that people can get on their tongue has also really lessened. I also have found that my emotions are a lot more stable so I feel it has helped my nervous system as well.

Re the cakes, chocolates etc, I try to cut that out as much as possible too. But I am also a believer in everything in moderation. So if I have a little cheat snack, I don't beat myself up over it. I just enjoy it and then move on.

But you are right in saying that sugars are an implication in UTI's and candida.

I also have endometriosis as well. I got diagnosed in 2010 when I was 20. The benefits of coconut oil sound amazing, I didn't know how much of a difference it made.

Do you do the oil pulling on an empty stomach? 

I also have endometriosis as well. I got diagnosed in 2010 when I was 20. The benefits of coconut oil sound amazing, I didn't know how much of a difference it made.

Do you do the oil pulling on an empty stomach?