Social functions

HarpersBizzar

Just wondering how soon did you feel ok attending social functions? I'm not meaning having big drinking sessions but I'm getting my boobs done on Friday and have been invited to a NYE party, work conference/awards night mid Jan and a lunch gathering end of Jan. I'll be between 2-5 weeks post op for these functions. Any advise would be great. 

I was out to dinner and socializing the same day I had surgery. I am almost 3 weeks now and there have only been maybe 2 days were I wouldnt have felt up to going out. But it really will depend on how well you cope with pain and whether you need to stronger pain killers. If I had of taken the Endone and Valium that I was prescribed I would have been out of it and not gotten out of bed for a week

Thanks @overthinkingit I accidentally had a home birth with my second bub so I'd like to think my pain threshold is reasonably high ?. It's encouraging to hear how well other are doing. 

i found the morning was the worst only i forced myself to get up and start moving i was all good for the day. My ribs were a nice shade of black, blue and purple so I didnt really notice boob pain until my ribs settled. day 7 was horrible, pain and exhaustion hit big time. Week 2 was like really bad sunburn and every bump in the car or when i walked was like someone slapped the sunburn

I'm a week post op today and am feeling pretty good now. Yesterday I went out for a pedi and coffee and cake and today I went out for lunch with a girlfriend. I do find walking I need to go a bit more slowly and its kind of like I feel like I need shock-absorbers in my feet as sometimes it makes my boobs ache badly but apart from that it's ok. 

Thanks @overthinkingit I accidentally had a home birth with my second bub so I'd like to think my pain threshold is reasonably high ?. It's encouraging to hear how well other are doing. 

I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine then ;) Hardest part will be choosing what outfit to wear that will conceal your post op bra! Oh, and book into the hairdressers too as you'll probably have a hard time doing your hair at 2 weeks. I couldn't blow-dry mine then as I couldn't get enough tension in the brush to straighten it, but can now at 3 weeks. 

I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine then ;) Hardest part will be choosing what outfit to wear that will conceal your post op bra! Oh, and book into the hairdressers too as you'll probably have a hard time doing your hair at 2 weeks. I couldn't blow-dry mine then as I couldn't get enough tension in the brush to straighten it, but can now at 3 weeks. 

Hahahaha I am struggling with even doing a ponytail at 3 weeks, thank god for the curly hair scrunch and go look because there is no way I could blow dry my hair. 

How long does the post op bra need to be worn for again? So much info I need to remember.

thanks for the tip! Hairdresser is a great idea!