naomi49

Hey all just wondering what peoples healing process/recovery was like at roughly 4-6 weeks.

Also to put my mind at ease a little since I still have no feeling in my nipples( slight pain in left aereola when pushed gently overall not too bad)

still no feeling in the underside of my right breast which I don't mind at all but more so who hasn't had any nerve regeration/sensitivity in their

nipples or sunburn feeling and how long did it take for you etc just so I don't feel like the only one :mellow:

I can't remember really well but I think it was about the three - four week mark I started to get feeling back in nipples but it came and went for a while. I still (4 months post op) have numbness on underside of breasts. It's improved but I still have patches. I am told it could take up to 12 months for feeling to return and may possibly never return. I still get occasional "zingers" so I guess some kind of nerve regeneration is still going on. 

Hi Naomi i had surgery yesterday but the ps said it will be a good while as in months before i get feeling back in my nipples. Not sure about the rest of boobs though?  How is recovery apart from the feeling coming back. ?

Yeah I know it takes quite a while for it to come back and I don't really care whether the underside of my right breast stays numb forever I don't notice it but I would want a little feeling in my nipples atleast, i just see a lot of girls get theirs back a lot quicker that why :mellow: My recovery was probably one of the best you could have with what I had done so can't comment on standard  BA's but I take my puppy for a walk now almost everyday( only started two days ago) and no pain at all apart from what I have wrote above, I do have slight bruising or soreness when I touch my ribs near my underboob bit still. Hope your recovery goes well though :)

I can't remember really well but I think it was about the three - four week mark I started to get feeling back in nipples but it came and went for a while. I still (4 months post op) have numbness on underside of breasts. It's improved but I still have patches. I am told it could take up to 12 months for feeling to return and may possibly never return. I still get occasional "zingers" so I guess some kind of nerve regeneration is still going on. 

yeah i'm past 3-4 weeks i'm at the 5 and a bit week mark hence why i'm a little nervous, I dont care if I dont get the feeling back in the underside of my right breast ( doesn't bother or matter to me) but I would like some feeling back in my nipples even though I do understand that I may never get them back -_-

yeah i'm past 3-4 weeks i'm at the 5 and a bit week mark hence why i'm a little nervous, I dont care if I dont get the feeling back in the underside of my right breast ( doesn't bother or matter to me) but I would like some feeling back in my nipples even though I do understand that I may never get them back -_-

I wouldn't stress yet. I'm sure I saw a post recently where someone got feeling in their second nipple back after about six months but the other reasonably quickly. Meanwhile count yourself lucky you don't have the painful nipple sensitivity those who have feeling early on get ?

I wouldn't stress yet. I'm sure I saw a post recently where someone got feeling in their second nipple back after about six months but the other reasonably quickly. Meanwhile count yourself lucky you don't have the painful nipple sensitivity those who have feeling early on get ?

That's true although I might end up kicking myself for saying this but i'd rather super sore nipples from hypersensitivity than no feeling at all haha

Oh you have no idea how lucky you are to not have feeling in your nipples. Mine have been super sensitive and so sore from day one.

Even putting my really soft post up bra on hurt them.  

Lucky ! You had just a BA though didnt you ? Hoping theyre just being slow and i'll get some feeling back soon but atleast everything seems to be all healthy and well so far so thats the main thing :)

That's true although I might end up kicking myself for saying this but i'd rather super sore nipples from hypersensitivity than no feeling at all haha

Lucky ! You had just a BA though didnt you ? Hoping theyre just being slow and i'll get some feeling back soon but atleast everything seems to be all healthy and well so far so thats the main thing :)

Yes just a BA. I had 3 kids without any drugs and I am telling you that does not come close to the pain in my nipples. They have been hurting day and night for 3 weeks, I would give anything to not be able to feel them for a while. The only time the pain reduces is if I hold pressure on them. The first 10 second absolutely kills then it almost disappears but I can't walk around all day at work holding my boobs. 

Edited by overthinkingit

Yes just a BA. I had 3 kids without any drugs and I am telling you that does not come close to the pain in my nipples. They have been hurting day and night for 3 weeks, I would give anything to not be able to feel them for a while. The only time the pain reduces is if I hold pressure on them. The first 10 second absolutely kills then it almost disappears but I can't walk around all day at work holding my boobs. 

Yeah I guess that says a lot, don't have any kids but childbirth is ugh you must be crazy not to have it with any meds i'd be screaming at everyone hahah does warmth make it less worse ? Not sure how good it is but maybe having a like a cloth or towel and then a wheatbag over the top for a little while might help ? Atleast you know you definitely have feeling :p

Yeah I guess that says a lot, don't have any kids but childbirth is ugh you must be crazy not to have it with any meds i'd be screaming at everyone hahah does warmth make it less worse ? Not sure how good it is but maybe having a like a cloth or towel and then a wheatbag over the top for a little while might help ? Atleast you know you definitely have feeling :p

Hot and cold makes no difference. Shower kills until they sort of go numb. I think when I hold them the pressure from my hands takes some of the tension off the skin which reduces the pain. 

My post op instructions tell me that if they are sensitive that you have to touch them to desensitize them. I am positive a man wrote that instruction and had no clue just how much pain his desensitizing causes.