Muscle or something more?

Rochelle84

I ladies so I'm 3 weeks Post surgery yday for Ba and I'm feeling great. I have no pain, well Maybe I mild twinge if I do something the wrong way etc, incisions are healing awesome, a little tender still but that's all I had to complain about. 

I'm a mum of 3 kids under 4 so heaps of rest is not really an option now I'm fairly healed so I'm back to normal house duties etc but yday after I cleaned the house, I noticed toward the end of the day my breast were quite swollen, nothing too bad but just feeling a bit tight again. Today they are still feeling a bit the same. 

is this just due to using the muscle again a lot. It wouldnt b anything serious would it? I would have Lot of pain if it was yeh? Sorry I'm just freaking out a little ?

Edited by Rochelle84

Speak to your surgeon if concerned but I would say the swelling is a sign you've overdone it a bit and take it easy for a while. I was told swelling was normal when resume exercise at six weeks but if doesnt go away after 24 hours to get it checked out. Even if feeling good you've still had surgery and need to give body time to recover!! I couldn't really vacuum effectively for about six weeks post op. 

3 months on, and if I do too much upper body movements during the day, then I still swell up and feel a bit sore for it at night, and sometimes even a day or so afterwards.  I think that even when you think you have recovered, there is still a whole lot going on below the surface.  Take it easy for a while.