Stabbing/nerve pain

voluptuous_aj

I am Po day 4 today and until last night relatively smooth pain free recovery. At about 10pm last night, all of a sudden with every sudden movement of any part of my body, (legs, head, arms, chest, deep breaths etc) I will now get this horrible stabbing/ nerve/ shooting pain go straight through my right breast. It's making it really hard to move at all. Extremely painful, but as soon as I stop moving, the pain stops. I slept well overnight, without moving, but it's still here this morning and I can't really get up. Right breast only. Any ideas what this could be??

I experienced this as well, also in my right breast from about day 2 or 3 post op and it happened for a few days in a row. I contacted my surgeons nurse and she said that it is all relative to the surgery and pains and aches are to be expected like that. I am day 12 post op now and from day 10 I haven't experienced anymore pain.

Apparently the stabbing/nerve pain is your nerves regenerating and going through the healing process. But you could always call your surgeon to double check :) 

I am day 4 post op and have been in severe pain from the get go…. have been vomiting as of yesterday due to the pain and got a script for panadeine forte to see if that as well as tramadol could help my pain but it just made me vomit instantly…. I think we just have to ride it out :( i was totally not expecting pain this bad…. I can't get up on my own or anything and am really struggling to breathe properly. It's ridiculous because I believe I have a high pain threshold… I've fractured my back and had two other surgeries before and coped very well, this is a shock! Just cannot wait for the nausea to pass. I rang Dr Broadhurst and told him and he said maybe its the meds making me sick so to have two panadol and two ibuprofen at once instead and tramadol as needed but hasn't seemed to fix anything. My tramadol runs out tomorrow at 11pm too which is scaring the hell out of me to be off pain relief by then when I still feel this way. My post op is tomorrow so I am going to ask for another script because I don't believe it's the tramadol making me vomit! Sorry needed to vent haha 

hope we all feel better ASAP!!

I am Po day 4 today and until last night relatively smooth pain free recovery. At about 10pm last night, all of a sudden with every sudden movement of any part of my body, (legs, head, arms, chest, deep breaths etc) I will now get this horrible stabbing/ nerve/ shooting pain go straight through my right breast. It's making it really hard to move at all. Extremely painful, but as soon as I stop moving, the pain stops. I slept well overnight, without moving, but it's still here this morning and I can't really get up. Right breast only. Any ideas what this could be??

im pO day 4 as well and my lefty started having that same pain yesterday as well. Figured it was nerves muscles etc healing. I also stopped taking my tramadol yesterday too so figured i would also start feeling a little bit more pain as im only on panadol

I still have occasional stabbing and nerve pain at 4 1/2 months post op. Are you still on pain meds? It's normal to have symptons  in just one breast as they heal separately. I would contact surgeon for peace of mind/better pain management though if it was me. 

I'm still taking endone and panadol and hoping to cut it right back to only as required. I'm seeing him tomorrow for post op appointment so I'll discuss it with him then. Just can't wait to be able to move around and walk properly again. 

I am day 4 post op and have been in severe pain from the get go…. have been vomiting as of yesterday due to the pain and got a script for panadeine forte to see if that as well as tramadol could help my pain but it just made me vomit instantly…. I think we just have to ride it out :( i was totally not expecting pain this bad…. I can't get up on my own or anything and am really struggling to breathe properly. It's ridiculous because I believe I have a high pain threshold… I've fractured my back and had two other surgeries before and coped very well, this is a shock! Just cannot wait for the nausea to pass. I rang Dr Broadhurst and told him and he said maybe its the meds making me sick so to have two panadol and two ibuprofen at once instead and tramadol as needed but hasn't seemed to fix anything. My tramadol runs out tomorrow at 11pm too which is scaring the hell out of me to be off pain relief by then when I still feel this way. My post op is tomorrow so I am going to ask for another script because I don't believe it's the tramadol making me vomit! Sorry needed to vent haha 

Oh no, Danni you poor thing!!! That sounds terrible!!! I too have vomited a couple times, and still sometimes need help to sit up but nothing quite as severe as what you have to deal with. I sort of expected this kind of pain so I guess I'd already braced myself for it. I also have my follow up appointment with dr B tomorrow but make sure you ask him for another script, there's no way you should try ride out such severe pain without meds. I'm still taking endone and panadol but trying to cut it back. Yesterday I thought I was getting better till this new sharp pain started. I'll discuss it with Dr B tomorrow. 

Hope you start feeling better ASAP!!! xxx

It sounds like nerve regeneration pain which can last for quite a few months as your chest area heals. But if you have major concerns, then definitely contact your surgeon.

Tramadol makes me vomit despite being a really good painkiller for me. You may have to change painkillers if you are vomiting too much. Definitely keep up the hydration with water and even some flat lemonade can settle the stomach. Hydrolite mixed with lemonade will help to restore the lost minerals and nutrients you are vomiting up. I didn't realise how much I used my chest muscles until I needed to open a jam jar lid at 4 months post op. Normally I could do that myself but my chest muscles were so sore from attempting to open the lid that I had to ask my hubby to do it. Also you may need an anti-nausea medication like phernagnen.

I am Po day 4 today and until last night relatively smooth pain free recovery. At about 10pm last night, all of a sudden with every sudden movement of any part of my body, (legs, head, arms, chest, deep breaths etc) I will now get this horrible stabbing/ nerve/ shooting pain go straight through my right breast. It's making it really hard to move at all. Extremely painful, but as soon as I stop moving, the pain stops. I slept well overnight, without moving, but it's still here this morning and I can't really get up. Right breast only. Any ideas what this could be??

I'm getting this too on my right side when I move @voluptuous_aj, it goes away if I rest, but I would definitely contact your surgeon if you're worried.