tattoo after BA

harmonybear

I am thinking of getting myself a new tattoo soon but i am only 6 weeks post op. I really like the look of ones that goes above the breast, like on the upper pole part, and also the ones that are below the boobs but sort of come up into the cleavage a little.

I know the needle doesnt penetrate far enougg to cause any harm to the implant, but how soon do you think is too soon to have that area tattooed? Should i be waiting a few months?

I have tattoos myself. Definitely check with your surgeon, but I would probably wait until at least 12 months post op for where you want to get inked. Your body is still doing a lot of major healing at 6 weeks post op. Plus the other side of the coin is that your boobs are going to drop and fluff a lot over the next 12 months. You don't want to get a tattoo now, and then find it isn't in the position you originally wanted because your boobs have settled from the swelling and healing.

I thought it may be best to wait awhile, but i am so impatient. Lol.  Maybe i will get one elsewhere in the mean time and next christmas i will get one of the others.

I go on a cruise in march so wanted to be all tatted and healed by then :( *sigh* lol.

But i do want the best outcome so i think youre right, they are still going to change so much which will effect the overall position of it.