joys

Cosmetic thredding vs Plastic Surgery

I had a neck threading procedure done several months ago by a doctor who professed to be an 'experienced cosmetic surgeon'.  In fact his Brisbane business states that he has been doing cosmetic surgery for over three years and has a great reputation with incredible results.  Well I should have done my homework, the neck threading turned into a neck nightmare, barbed threads inserted wrongly by a doctor who was clearly under experienced and did not have the qualifications to do the procedure. The neck threading infact did not lift my neck but left it looking like a 'vagina' and my face was pulled down causing massive jowling!  The pain in my neck was incredible, he hit my voice box, thyroid gland, mandibular nerve and laryngal nerve.  I dribble on one side of my mouth, I have pain constantly and wake with pain in the night.  Now after seeing over 6 plastic surgeons and being told how bad he was I am booked in to have the barbs taken out of my neck, my neck reconstructed, a major facelift and eyebrow lift.  All this because of a simple neck threading. Beware!   Do not go to a 'cosmetic surgeon' no matter how many procedures they say they have done.  They have gone to short courses that usually are done by the suppliers of their equipment.  If they were really serious about cosmetic outcomes then they would do their training properly and become a plastic surgeon.   Also beware of someone saying that they are a 'cosmetic surgeon' or doing 'cosmetic surgery' when they are not fully qualified surgeons and a member of the Australian College of Surgeons.  Do you homework!  It will save heartache in the end.

Bloody hell is all I can say!

I feel SO SORRY for you, this is just dreadful!!!

Are you happy/ able to give us his name ?

Can you keep us informed, I would really like to know how you get on, wishing you lots of strength and good wishes.

Wrapping me arms around you to make you feel better. ?

I've heard about threading.  It was touted  as being the new "face-life" back in its day.   I remember Oprah heralding it as the no surgery face lift (or something to that effect),

Personally I always thought it looked way too easy.  What, a simple  thread is going to magically lift a face that's headed south already?  No way!!!   I've read various reports about these procedures being highly unsuccessful. 

And no way would I ever consider having a cosmetic procedure done by a cosmetic surgeon. 

I don't care how simple the procedure, I still insist on a Plastic Surgeon. 

I'm so sorry that you had to go through this horrendous experience joys  ((((( huge hugs for you sweetie ))))))

xxxxx