Dr Phil Richardson TBI

Meg.92

Hi girls, looking for help to get my head around TBI please! I am in the stage of consults and comparing my options/surgeons opinions. I am thinking of Brazilian implants (controversial I know) so I am looking for a second opinion via an experienced PS who routinely uses other implants. I'm researching Dr Phil Richardson PS and need some help.

To my understanding he is co-owner of TBI works out of 3 hospitals for surgeries and he is amazing! I've stalked his website, Insta and Facebook and really do like his work. I've contacted TBI about a consult in North Lakes (suburb north of Brisbane, closer for me) and they say he consults every second Wednesday - great! He has a fee of $180 before rebate, no problem. Now my questions girls, would love help, opinions and experiences: 

*Does he do the consult himself - the website makes it seem like a nurse does? 

*Can I book in with Dr Richardson or it just depends who is working that day?

*Does anyone know if he does surgery in the North Lakes Day Hosp or just consult there? 

I really appreciate any feedback, his office is closed until Jan 4th so I'm looking for any help I can get until I can contact the TBI office :) 

Hey hun

I went through TBI and had surgery last saturday ...

I was lucky i had Dr R ..he was chosen for me and at the time of consult only him and broadhurst were the surgeons..either way i was happy ..both are fantastic 

May i suggest going through Dr R surgery Brisbane plastic and cosmetic surgery. .you will only see him and he will do thw surgery ..he is priced from $8500 ? 

I seen him at my consult but Dr B did my post op appointment as Dr was in an emergency family situation.

Dr and staff both at TBI and north lakes hospital were amazing ..

I chose 330/360 round HP textured ..i was booked for brazilians with harwood but went with my instincts and changed last minute ..very happy qith my result ?

Thanks Barb, I just realised I've contacted Bris plastic cosmetic surg - thank you for that! I know I'll have Dr Richardson for my surgery :) I also am thinking Harwood (think we may have talked about this on another discussion lol) but want to be 100% sure with my surgeon and type of implants :D I will def book in for a consult with Phil! 

Thanks Barb, I just realised I've contacted Bris plastic cosmetic surg - thank you for that! I know I'll have Dr Richardson for my surgery :) I also am thinking Harwood (think we may have talked about this on another discussion lol) but want to be 100% sure with my surgeon and type of implants :D I will def book in for a consult with Phil! 

i recall thw post on harwood yes he is a great surgeon. .it really is a personal choice and who YOU feel comfy with ... 

In the end i wanted a plastic surgeon and i got lucky with TBI and Dr R 

There was quite a few girls on here that went in same day as me .. they also seem very happy x

I recommend seeing him ... good luck with th consult

Hi Meg. I had mine though TBI and was lucky enough to get DR Richardson. I only had one consult with him and felt like I was in great hands so booked straight away. I had my BA done on the 19th Dec and was lucky enough to have it at North Lakes I could not fault any of it.  The girls at TBI are amazing. I was to have my follow up appoitment with DR R on wednesday but there was a family matter so I went over to his private rooms and his nurse saw me and answered all of my questions and changed my dressings. It is only early days for me but I couldnt be happier. Good luck with it all

You should be in safe hands with him - he has a lot of happy clients on here. I had a consult with him, but ended up booking with someone else - mostly because he seemed a bit disinterested and distracted. I've heard some other girls say the same thing, but that obviously doesn't mean that he doesn't do an amazing job. I just didn't feel completely comfortable. Good luck with your consult. I hope it goes really well. 

I also had my BA with dr R on the 19th on reccomendation from my best friend who had hers done a year earlier. He can come off as a little disinterested but who wouldn't after 20+ years of boob surgery haha. He was fantastic, had no issues. Day surgery at north lakes was top notch. I had my follow up with Andrew broad hurst as Dr r had a family situation to attend. Dr broadhurst was lovely! I wouldn't be unhappy to have had him either!

Thanks girls! I have a list of questions I've typed up to make with me in case he isn't very forthcoming with info, as he is occasionally described to be ? And I have a folder of photos and other list explaining what I do and don't like about each of them too, plus this time I feel more informed and have a clearer idea of my post op goal.

I got overwhelmed in my consult with Dr Harwood and couldn't really explain myself well :( But he was really understanding and nice, he knew exactly what I wanted. Looking toward to what Dr R's recommendation is! 

I'm in the same boat as the girls above. Had surgery with Dr.R at Northlakes on the 19th - looking and feeling great! Couldn't be happier.

I curiously asked him about Brazilions as I wanted to know what they were - he is not keen on them, il tell you that much haha!

I can't fault his professionalism or willingness to answer any of my questions! My first consult he was a little distant and vague, but I went back for a second to clear up any questions and felt completely at ease and 100% satisfied with my choice. :)

good luck!

Thanks girls! I have a list of questions I've typed up to make with me in case he isn't very forthcoming with info, as he is occasionally described to be ? And I have a folder of photos and other list explaining what I do and don't like about each of them too, plus this time I feel more informed and have a clearer idea of my post op goal.

I got overwhelmed in my consult with Dr Harwood and couldn't really explain myself well :( But he was really understanding and nice, he knew exactly what I wanted. Looking toward to what Dr R's recommendation is! 

That's great Meg - that will avoid any troubles with getting the right info. I wish I was that organised!! ?

I had a secret Pinterest board called "titspiration" where I pinned all the looks I liked and some I didn't. Including ones from his portfolio online. I think that helps articulate more clearly what you're after and definitely helped with me as it made it very clear I would be disappointed with results if I didn't have a lift. 

He was pretty open on sizing with me too. Telling me he would let me know if what I was thinking was either going to be too big or too small for my body which was good. 

If you consult with him at his rooms in The Valley you can do the Vectra too which is really helpful (and is what made me switch from the original 335cc I was going for to the 390cc I ended up with). 

I had a secret Pinterest board called "titspiration" where I pinned all the looks I liked and some I didn't. Including ones from his portfolio online. I think that helps articulate more clearly what you're after and definitely helped with me as it made it very clear I would be disappointed with results if I didn't have a lift. 

He was pretty open on sizing with me too. Telling me he would let me know if what I was thinking was either going to be too big or too small for my body which was good. 

If you consult with him at his rooms in The Valley you can do the Vectra too which is really helpful (and is what made me switch from the original 335cc I was going for to the 390cc I ended up with). 

OMG 'titspiration' that's effing brilliant! 

I laugh because I also had two secret Pinterest boards... 'Racks I like' and 'Racks I dont like'...

ahahah ??

Liz from Brisbane Plastics called me today, apparently Dr R's next available consult is Feb 16th and hopefully I can book in for my surgery the 22nd they will confirm it for me tomorrow. I am nervous about the quick turn around but have a feeling that Richardson is right for me :) 

How exciting I booked all of mine yesterday I was going to go through cosmeditour until I realised they were trainees! I'm trying to find the brand of implant Dr.R uses is anyone aware? :) 

I'm in the same boat as the girls above. Had surgery with Dr.R at Northlakes on the 19th - looking and feeling great! Couldn't be happier.

I curiously asked him about Brazilions as I wanted to know what they were - he is not keen on them, il tell you that much haha!

I can't fault his professionalism or willingness to answer any of my questions! My first consult he was a little distant and vague, but I went back for a second to clear up any questions and felt completely at ease and 100% satisfied with my choice. :)

good luck!

hi pretty original what brand of implants does he use and how do you feel :)

@Meg.92 literally called yesterday lol I'm so excited but just not sure on his consults as Iv been reading he's not very forthcoming or talkative ? I was on the phone for like an hour trying to get dates and was very lucky as I need certain days due to work, are you going north lakes for the surgery? Do you have Facebook would be awesome to chat more if so mines Katie Cliffe :)

Edited by Katemav26

@Meg.92 literally called yesterday lol I'm so excited but just not sure on his consults as Iv been reading he's not very forthcoming or talkative ? I was on the phone for like an hour trying to get dates and was very lucky as I need certain days due to work, are you going north lakes for the surgery? Do you have Facebook would be awesome to chat more if so mines Katie Cliffe :)

I wanted to but the next surgery appointment they had was in March and I need Feburary ? But Brisbane will be fine! My hubby can drive me. I've heard that about him too so I have a huge list of questions in case he isn't chatty with me ?