Burning sensation on incision/scar - worried!

Danni:)

Hey everyone! 

Firstly thanks so much for everyone's support on my last post! Here I am with a new concern hahaha

so I am now 8 days post op and have all of a sudden 10 minutes ago felt a burning sensation on the outer edge of one of my incision... I decided to take a photo so I could see them and have noticed that the area that is burning is right on the end of the tape and the tape only JUST reaches the end of the incision! I feel like it should have been put so that it went at least a few mm over the edge of the incision not right on the end -.- (photo attached so you can see what I mean) freaking out that the burning sensation is a sign that bacteria has gotten under there and an infection is starting because it's such a coincidence that it's burning only on one incision and on the exact outer edge where the tape doesn't cover propert and not the whole thing!!! Is the burning sensation normal? Infection is my worst fear! It still burns the same as it did when it came on 10 minutes ago!  

image.jpg

Hey Danni we had out BA on the same day, my incisions have definitely started stinging more today. Mine is both sides on the outer edge. I just put it down to the fact they are starting to heal up. (I'm not a worrier though, having 5 kids makes you like that haha)

id is ask the dr or the girls in the office if you are still worried though

Your incisions look great though! Mine look pretty good but I have a couple bruisy/blood under the skin patches around mine. Dr broadhurst didn't seem worried about them though so I'll assume they'll disappear in time

My incisions gave me no pain at all until I removed the dressing, since then I have had burning, itching, stinging and times where they have felt like they ripped open. From what I have read its all part of the healing process. I have been just keeping an eye out for any signs of an infection and assuming while everything looks normal its going to be ok. 

Today i got my second lot of tape removed and i feel the same @overthinkingit  stinging and itchy Almost burning feeling. So sore tonight ?

I have got this after every breast augmentation (I've had 3), it sucks :( it goes away, but it is so bothersome...the burning feeling is the worst, it felt like my breast was on fire - internally!

This feeling generally subsides for me around week 5-6.

Hope you feel better soon  :) xxx

I've been having painful incisions recently too.  I'm 3 weeks PO now and it's like a pulling ache and sometimes a burning feeling too. They look fine as far as I can tell (and were not red or infected looking when I changed my tape a couple of days ago) so good to know it's part of the healing process. My aereolar incision is also sensitive to the touch too on one side