Shezi

Getting Married 6 wks after BA

Hi all,

I'm getting married 6 weeks after having my BA (booked for 21st January).  What are my chances of having them look reasonable and not still in frankenboob stage? I would have liked to have have had more time between my BA and wedding but if I didn't get my BA done at this time I would have had to wait another year due to work etc. 

cheers 

i think after 6 weeks most of pics ive seen they dont look bad at all my concern would be you cant work out in that time you are healing (not sure if you usually do or not) so that would be the only problem i would see for myself if i got them done 6 weeks before my wedding lol....

They change so much between the days and weeks at that stage. It will be hard to have your dress fitted properly I would imagine. I guess it really depends on the style of dress. Some girls still look very frankenboobish at 6 weeks. Some look great at 6 weeks. Mine looked ok, the upper pole was a bit fake/frankenboob looking from side on at that stage. I personally don't think its a great idea just because nothing is guaranteed. What if you have complications after surgery?

Are you getting a straightforward BA or are you getting a lift or anything as that makes healing time longer. 

Depends on the style of your dress. At 6 weeks mine were slightly uneven but you could not tell - I tried a corset on at 6 weeks and they looked FAB 😍 also something to consider - at 6 weeks is the point that you are allowed to start wearing non wired bra's. Does your dress require a bra and would it be ok for a wireless one as even if surgeon allowed wired for the day it might be too tender. 

Good of luck and congratulations on your upcoming BA and wedding 🎉

I was looking at my six week photos last night. Mine were still very hard and unnatural looking and I remember getting frustrated trying to find a sexy strapless dress because nothing would zip up around my boobs because they wouldn't budge! I would plan for some last minute alterations if your dress is fitted. 

I agree that the bra thing is potentially an issue. At six weeks I was allowed to wear a wired bra but boobs hadnt drop enough yet to fit into proper bra shaped bras so had to wait a few more weeks in post op bras. I wouldn't have been able to go bra less for a whole day and was wearing unflattering comfortable bras. They didn't look freakish by then and I did have pretty bad frankenboob to start with but they were very firm and not really able to move or squish into dress/push up bra. Not sure how good a honey moon would have been at that point either ... 

Thanks guys. I can't change the date of either of them so will just have to hope for the best 😁. I can't wear a bra with my dress as its backless but the good news is there is heaps of room in it for my bigger boobs lol. I was going to have to have it taken in around the boob area with my pre op boobs or try to push them baby's up and out somehow, so at least now I will fill it out. It's not a low cut dress in the boob area either so hopefully that will help hide any frankenboob I have. And I'm hoping I don't have any complications from the surgery too, I had surgery not long ago for a medical problem and had no problems after that so hopefully this will be the same 

Most surgeons won't want you to go braless at all - for a long time. I went braless for the first time at 8 weeks for a few hours (despite being told not to) in a cocktail dress and I was in absolute agony during and after. You may have to consider changing into something you can wear a bra under for the reception. You may also have to consider last minute dress alterations because the size of your boobs will change and fluctuate during weeks 1 to 8.

Thanks LaurenT, 

my surgeon knows about the wedding and said I should be fine to go braless for the day, barring any complications. My dress has plenty of boob room but I have a great seamstress as a friend and the dress style is able to be easily altered if need be. I would have liked more time before my BA and the wedding but I would have had to put my BA off for a year due to work etc if I didn't get it done now.