Picojunie

Four weeks tomorrow: update

Hi girlies, 

It will be four weeks tomorrow for me since I had my BA, I only had 385cc rounds on both sides and I've had a pretty good recovery so far. I still have some numbness underneath both breasts, but I think the sensation is slowly returning. I'm still taking panadeine at night time, but only if I've had a reasonably active day. I find I seem to have swelling - not much - if I overdo it so I have to remind myself to take it easy, but it's usually gone by the morning. I have to be very careful making sudden movements with my arms because of the pulling on my chest muscles which causes pain, but nothing too worrisome. I'm sleeping flat now, and tilted a little bit to the side, sometimes propping up my side with a pillow (I can't remember now who gave me that advice but it was a wonderful idea to allow me to sleep almost on my side ☺️). 

Some negatives:

Tiredness: I'm still very lethargic, might be the anaesthesia still, or just the hot weather, or hormones, but I'm very slow to get around sometimes, lacking a bit of motivation maybe? Not sure, but either way it's a bit annoying, but tolerable. 

Time: I'm impatient, I want them to soften up and settle much faster, even though I think they already have quite a bit. This is totally a first world problem and I need to get the hell over myself 😉 I do think they've started to soften a bit, and my right side is a bit lower already. I don't really know what real boobs feel like because I've never had much tissue, so I have asked a couple of my friends for a feel exchange. Pretty funny, spending time with my fiends feeling each other's boobs! I think mine are getting there, but I know there are lots of changes to come. 

Back pain: This makes sense, more weight. Definitely not bad, but I take nurofen if it really bothers me. That being said, nurofen can cause fluid retention I've heard, which is another thing I'm dealing with although see above: hot weather and hormones could be the culprit there. 

Thrush: worst I've ever had it, maybe the antibiotics, gone now but it was annoying and uncomfortable for about a week and a half. 

Positives:

BOOBS. Enough said. Actually no, my shirts keep riding up which I find annoying, but then I remember that it's because I now have much bigger cans 😉

This forum: Has been such a wealth of information, absolutely invaluable, and I'm so grateful for everyone's insights, shared stories and advice.

Holidays: I'm really enjoying the long term break so I can focus on recovering and spending time with my family. 

I hope everyone else is recovering well! How are you going @prue?

Hey Pico great you are on the upwards I hear you on everything you said except the boob feeling lol i haven't been doing any of that on my friends haha

I was feeling really good on the mend as well and got clearance to swim in the pool but yesterday i hurt myself not so good. While trying to move the pool umbrella with my friend it started falling in the direction of my mum and daughter so instinct and reflex made me reach and grab it and i had to use all my might of my left arm to stop it from falling. My left boob hurts and burns and feels like its torn. It is just throbbing a lot 😐 I just feel so gutted and angry at myself for even attempting to help. I should have let it stay where it was. But anyway it is what it is. I just hope i haven't done damage. So my right boob is doing fine. I think it is smaller than my left hubby doesn't think so but my left could have a little swelling from the strain i put on my pec muscle. 

It definitely is nice though to have the school break and not have to make lunches iron uniforms or do school runs. I am still so tired as well my mum is here helping still but i get up with hubby before he goes to work so its a long day. I forgot i did get resized for a bra and needed the next size band width so that has been much more comfortable and made recovery better until yesterday 😣

Cop a feel @prue, trust me, it's very informative 😉 I've discovered that all boobs feel different! I'm so sorry you've hurt yourself, but don't be angry at yourself, it's impossible to stop yourself from reacting on reflex when our entire lives are spent learning to immediately respond when we see an accident coming...it's a big part of being a mum! 

How are you feeling today? Any more swelling? I'm not game to get in the pool yet, I'm too worried about my incisions. Plus the kids have been in there and I know how gross they are 😂

Hi Pico :-) Great reading your progress!! Giving me lots of tips to take it easy and don't jump in pools where gross kids have been hahahaha. Glad you're doing well :-) Obviously only day 2 and feel just like I did when my breast milk came in. Total rocks lol. Definitely looking forward to no swelling and softness lol. Take care xo

Hahaha! @Joadster I just went and sat in our pool yard with my legs hanging over the side to grab some peace and quiet while I had a coffee, and the water has gone from crystal clear this morning to blue...but hazy. I know most of it is sunscreen, but still, I've had seven kids (+ one husband) in and out of it all day so, ew 😷. It was 42 degrees here today and I would have loved to have a dip wearing new swimmers but I'm just not keen on the idea because a nurse to,d me that we are sitting in our own muck when we submerge ourselves in water and I honestly almost spewed at the thought! 

That rock hard feeling is crap, because the only time we experience it is when we are feeding so your brain is constantly telling you to go and feed your baby...only it's not milk and I'm pretty sure my kids are well beyond breast feeding stage...this isn't America, after all 😉 I've even had a couple of let down sensations, so the memory is a powerful one! 

Take care, I'm so pleased for you as I know how nervous you were and I totally got it. I'm going to upload a four week photo tonight sometime to see if they've dropped xoxo

Thanks yeah i know. So sore in the sternum today and just constant throbbing around my boob. I think i will go in and see the nurse at the clinic. Not sure if i can fit in today. My dd slammed her hand in the car door and so we r at xray then need to head back to dr then head to brissy to get glasses for kids arghh not my day today 😭 having a bad boob day nothing fits and so sore. Not liking the difference in sizing and just feel frustrated with it all. 😭

You poor thing, I'm sorry. I know that crappy feeling, I've been a bit down and frustrated recently so I really sympathise. I hope your little girl is okay? Take care of yourself too though, my doctor used to tell me that the best thing mamas can do for their kids is make sure they're okay too. My youngest slammed her finger in the door while she was away camping just after Christmas with friends, it ended up getting infected and she had to have her nail drilled to release all the muck, and watching her in so much pain was horrible. I hope you get some sleep tonight and that tomorrow is a better day @prue, thinking of you. 

Thanks picojunie, i have taken endone tonight its kicking in so hopefully i get some rest and healing. I can barely keep my eyes open time to rest. Thanks for your reply will post an update pic in morning. Hope your dd is ok, its so hard to keep kids from touching and picking sores. Its freaky doing that to nails though hey but the relief is instant and pain settles better because the pressure is eased. 😊