Hi ladies,

I have constantly non stop been getting really bad acne and some actually really hurt. i have had Roaccutane (meds) in the past i had done 2 courses, it worked butidont want to do medication again (as it is very harsh on the body).

I was thinking of maybe glycolic peels, not sure if that would work... has anyone done any treatments and had success? i am open to all suggestions i just want to get rid of my pimples without having to go on medication.

I have bad hormonal acne (cystic) on my chin and jaw. In August last year I changed birth control to Diane-35 and also started using retinol cream on the area. I have noticed a massive improvement. Now instead of huge, red, painful and swollen cysts under my skin I get small bumps that can only really be felt and not seen. Once I feel them starting to form I zap them with the retinol and they disppear fairly quickly. It's not a magical cure but it might be worth a shot :) My dermatologist actually prescribed me with roaccutane but I never went ahead with it as I was due to have my BA in two months. I doubt I'll go ahead with it unless I really need to later on. It's a very severe drug.

A subject near and dear to me 😫 I had such bad acne I got huge cysts that in the end had to be removed by a surgeon as draining was not helping ! I found seafood a culprit and ended up getting onto dermalogica ) yes I swear by it ) I use the ultra calming range ! Gylcolic peels made my face ultra dry yet I had massive cystic acne try to sort that out ! I exfoliate 2 times a week and I've found the clarisonic brush really helps to lift away the oils aswell ! I have the worst skin to deal with dry and rosacea and acne ! Been 2 years for me and I have found a way to stop the cystic acne all due to skin care as all the other stuff is internal ! Hope I've helped again dermalogica is a life saver 

I had terrible acne as a teen and was also on Roaccutane. Supposedly it gives a semi-permanent effect as it thins the oil ducts but I found my skin became oily again at around 26 (I had the Roaccutane at 17). Is it mainly on your chin? That is usually hormonal so getting your hormone levels checked may be worthwhile. Glycolic peels and high level Vit A can actually sometimes aggravate things and make you MORE inflamed (as I am currently finding out :( ). I would suggest going back to a dermatologist. It can get quite exxy trying diff products and diff combinations (again, as I'm finding out!) and sometimes it is best to go straight to the expert! 

Hi ladies,

I have constantly non stop been getting really bad acne and some actually really hurt. i have had Roaccutane (meds) in the past i had done 2 courses, it worked butidont want to do medication again (as it is very harsh on the body).

I was thinking of maybe glycolic peels, not sure if that would work... has anyone done any treatments and had success? i am open to all suggestions i just want to get rid of my pimples without having to go on medication.

micros, peels, good skin care, mineral makeup! I hope you are well lovely 😘

micros, peels, good skin care, mineral makeup! I hope you are well lovely 😘

Wow thank you all for your tips!

My acne is is on my back my front and worst is all over my face (cheeks chine neck  and close to the nose) :( 

I wear foundation almost 6 days a week (i can't go out doors without it, i wear Mac (the heavier one) to cover it all up. Not sure if that is the culprit but i seriously can't see anyone without it.

I would go back to the dermatoligist but he will say go on Roacutane and considering i have completed the courses as a teen and as an adult i  dont want to go down that road again.

My face/body dont feel oily or dry (i have normal skin). I have been a bad girl and stopped doing microdermabrasion i might start that up again as well as ppels... thanks for all your comments and thanks Don i was hoping you would respond! other than my pimple drama all good :)

Stop the MAC!! I love Mac but it is awful for problem skin. Look into Issada, mineral makeup good coverage x

Yea makeup I use hourglass ! Bare minerals and lol Mary Kay cc cream can't do mac makes me dry and break out badly 

luckyi saw ur msgs before i went shopping today was going to buy a replacement for mac foundation (im running low)!:)

Will definitely try out ur suggestions... hopefully that will help out my skin. I also paid the laser clinic a visit and they suggested 6 courses alternating between microdermabasion and peels and daily use of cleanser, day cream and retinol scrub. Fingers crossed this works! 

Would the issada and mary kay and hourglass foundations be available at myers or DJs?

Edited by misslittle is Enhanced

If your prone to red veins or rosacea be careful with the micro derma I had it done and it gave me permanent red veins in my face :( hourglass I get from Mecca cosmetics and the bare minerals aswell , Mary Kay is a online or consultant one I signed up just to get it myself as I love there concelor aswell x 

If your prone to red veins or rosacea be careful with the micro derma I had it done and it gave me permanent red veins in my face :( hourglass I get from Mecca cosmetics and the bare minerals aswell , Mary Kay is a online or consultant one I signed up just to get it myself as I love thereconceloraswell x 

Thanks for the heads up luckilyi am not prone to rosacea and i have had microderm a couples times before. Great thanks for the heads up on where to find the products! :) im starting to feel a lilcalmer now about my face!

I had 10 years of cystic acne. Tried numerous treatments - all kinds of chemical creams (prescription and otherwise). I ended up on low dose antibiotics for years and wrecked my gut. I eventually cured it by removing gluten and dairy from my diet entirely and avoiding processed food (80% sorted) then the last 20% went after a regime of:

• daily face mask of jojoba + manuka honey (left on for around 20 mins then washed off)
  • weekly face mask of natural yogurt

Maintenance:

• I don't use ANYTHING on my skin to clean it except water - I occasionally use the jojoba and manuka honey mix
  • I don't put any make up on my skin - only eyes and lips (and I don't need to now I don't have acne)
  • I stay gluten free but have occasional dairy (love cheese) which I do get the odd spot from afterwards

This worked 100% for me and I went from using prescription creams to needing nothing within a couple of months. It is about removing the cause - inflammation and an imbalance of good/bad bacteria. Unfortunately the common approaches destroy the microbiome (bacteria balance) of the skin. Once it is balanced again it looks after itself.

I had 10 years of cystic acne. Tried numerous treatments - all kinds of chemical creams (prescription and otherwise). I ended up on low dose antibiotics for years and wrecked my gut. I eventually cured it by removing gluten and dairy from my diet entirely and avoiding processed food (80% sorted) then the last 20% went after a regime of:

• daily face mask of jojoba + manuka honey (left on for around 20 mins then washed off)
  • weekly face mask of natural yogurt

Maintenance:

• I don't use ANYTHING on my skin to clean it except water - I occasionally use the jojoba and manuka honey mix
  • I don't put any make up on my skin - only eyes and lips (and I don't need to now I don't have acne)
  • I stay gluten free but have occasional dairy (love cheese) which I do get the odd spot from afterwards

This worked 100% for me and I went from using prescription creams to needing nothing within a couple of months. It is about removing the cause - inflammation and an imbalance of good/bad bacteria. Unfortunately the common approaches destroy the microbiome (bacteria balance) of the skin. Once it is balanced again it looks after itself.

I find this really interesting. I tried the 'cleanse with nothing but water' thing a few years back and it didn't work for me. BUT I didn't work heavily enough on my diet, so perhaps this is where I fell down. I've sorted out my acne with my diet for the most part now, and use Mukti brand products on my skin as it's still quite dry at times.

Do you have acne scars or hyper pigmentation? This is now my struggle, and it seems like it will be so expensive to address these issues with laser etc. :( 

I find this really interesting. I tried the 'cleanse with nothing but water' thing a few years back and it didn't work for me. BUT I didn't work heavily enough on my diet, so perhaps this is where I fell down. I've sorted out my acne with my diet for the most part now, and use Mukti brand products on my skin as it's still quite dry at times.

Do you have acne scars or hyper pigmentation? This is now my struggle, and it seems like it will be so expensive to address these issues with laser etc. :( 

I think the key to the last 20% was rebalancing the microbes on my face with manuka honey (anti-bacterial to kill the bad) and natural yogurt (healthy bacteria) ie. creating a new microbiome on my face :)

I didn't have acne scars but I had terrible hyper pigmentation over my forehead. It has faded over the last 2 years and is now unnoticeable. I put rosehip oil on but not sure if it helped or if it would have faded anyway without.

I wish I'd taken before and after photos but I was too embarrassed to allow a photo to be taken of my bad acne or my hyper pigmentation. I feel like I have great skin now (for my age). It really effects your self confidence.

Im not sure if it helps with current acne but I just had my first micropen treatment done in Sydney and omg it is so amazing and my skin has never ever looked better.

I know that it helps with acne scarring, perhaps it can help with current flair ups

I had horrible hormonal acne and Diane-35 helped me too. I also stopped buying cheap skincare and invested in a skincare range called Michael Todd True Organics which made an amazing difference. I still use it. Double cleansing after wearing makeup made a big difference too. The downside to using  birth control or any medication to treat acne is that if you stop it, the problem often returns. I've recently had to switch BCPs and my skin has been acting up:( here's a pic to show what the pill and the skincare did for me a few years ago though 

image.jpeg

Im not sure if it helps with current acne but I just had my first micropen treatment done in Sydney and omg it is so amazing and my skin has never ever looked better.

I know that it helps with acne scarring, perhaps it can help with current flair ups

I'd never heard of this until now. Is it like skin needling? I was told to try this a while ago but never got around to it. :/

I didn't have acne scars but I had terrible hyper pigmentation over my forehead. It has faded over the last 2 years and is now unnoticeable. I put rosehip oil on but not sure if it helped or if it would have faded anyway without.

So you think that the hyper pigmentation cleared up pretty much on its own? Amazing. Im glad that you're happy with your skin now. It certainly makes a difference to ones confidence. :)

It is important to consider not just you skin in the equation. I had terrible acne on my face, back and chest. Tried so many different products, routines etc and nothing helped. Then I worked out that if I washed my hair everyday my skin was no longer as oily and my acne cleared up. Even now after not really having a problem with my skin for over 10 years if I go two days without washing my hair my skin will breakout.  

I'd never heard of this until now. Is it like skin needling? I was told to try this a while ago but never got around to it. :/

So you think that the hyper pigmentation cleared up pretty much on its own? Amazing. Im glad that you're happy with your skin now. It certainly makes a difference to ones confidence. :)

OMG MaiseF you should so try it. I had it on the lightest setting. It is like skin needling i am sure. It is a like a little pen machine that they go over your face with and then they put a really lovely serum on your skin.
My skin was red for about an hour and then it cleared up.

The next day it looked so lovely and clear and I actually got complimented on my skin by a stranger :o
My only problem is i got it done in Sydney and I live in Melbourne so now I am going to have to find someone here that does it.
Or maybe buy my own machine or something - i am seriously blown away by it

Clear skincare clinics helped me - never get pimples anymore and I had severe acne all over. SGA treatments and peels is what permanently removed my acne as the SGA treatment destroy's your sebum glands.