Rissa85

how long after surgery should i keep.incisions covered?

I recently had surgery and am still really sore 5 days affer surgery. I did go under the nuscle so i suppose its to be a bit more painful then over the muscle. Only thing is it feels so much netter wearing no support now. I wore sports bra fully fitted for first 3 1/2 days vut took it off yesterday and pain eased. Is this ok to do & also plz asv how long i need to keep incision covered. I put cream on 3 times a fay, then reolace gauze. Is the gauze necessary?

I recently had surgery and am still really sore 5 days affer surgery. I did go under the nuscle so i suppose its to be a bit more painful then over the muscle. Only thing is it feels so much netter wearing no support now. I wore sports bra fully fitted for first 3 1/2 days vut took it off yesterday and pain eased. Is this ok to do & also plz asv how long i need to keep incision covered. I put cream on 3 times a fay, then reolace gauze. Is the gauze necessary?

Hi Rissa, I'd definitely recommend checking with your surgeon as they all have different recommendations for aiding recovery. My PS advised NO bra at all until I had to (when I went back to work I was wearing crops for modesty) and I also have to tape my incisions for 3 months. No bra suited me as I was uncomfortable in any bra/crop I could find. I couldn't wait to rip it off when I got home from work.

Others are in compression bras for weeks and no tape after their first post op check-up. So it's really hard to know what's best, BUT your surgeon can't blame you for impeding your healing if your follow their instructions to the letter, so I'd definitely encourage you to get in touch with him/her if you can. 

I'm nearly 8 weeks post op & was told to wear a sports bra during the day & could go topless while I slept but I still wear my comfy, stretchy post op bra as the girls still feel a bit heavy & weird without a bra. I also have tape on my incisions 24/7 that I change once a week. Seeing the surgeon on Tuesday so hopefully I get the thumbs up to get rid of the tape & to get some new pretty bras!

Every surgeon definitely is different i had to take my tapes of at 2 weeks and start with the bio oil and wear soft sports crops for 4-6 weeks. It does feel weird to not have anything on my incisions but they do look like they are healing nicely.