KristieCampbell

Experiences of Rhinoplasty with Dr Montien?

Hi everyone

I'm interested in having a rhinoplasty by Dr Montien. Please show me your before and after photos!

All of you who have had one with him - did go through an agency or contact him directly? If so, how? And was it easy to organise your own accommodation, transfers, etc?

Have any of you had complications or regret the surgery because of these complications?

How long did you have to wait for a surgery date?

Thanks so much!

Hi 

I'm in the middle of helping my 25 yr old son here in Bangkok atm, he just had surgery rhino with dr Montien 2 days ago. I'd prefer private email to answer any questions you may have. I'm a interrogator mum haha so have quizzed the whole process plus I had rhino done when I was 20 myself so fully understand trying to find a great surgeon. So far all is great, awesome result. 

I'll let you know next month when I have gone through with it! If you are seriously considering a rhino in Thailand I think Dr M is definitely someone you can have confidence in and he is considered by many to be the best rhino surgeon in Thailand.  I have gone through an agency - Cosmeditour. I'm not sure if it is more expensive or not, they say it isn't. All up for the surgeries at the World Medical Centre (I am having upper blephroplasty at the same time), 5 star accommodation and flights it has cost me $10,000. It does seem like quite a lot and I'm sure there are cheaper ways to do it. I suspect I would have been paying about $15,000 - 20,000 for the two procedures in Australia with a surgeon of similar prestige to Dr M. I booked only about 2 months in advance so I don't think you would have to wait too long for a surgery date.

I got in touch with Dr Montien and had him look over my photos and he gave me a quote to have Rhinoplasty at Bumrungrad but then I saw a special on the cosmeditour website that was cheaper and included transfers and accommodation so I've just booked through them for July, will let you know how I go.

Hi MissEB, all in all surgery went pretty well I think. The surgery itself took 6 hours as I needed a lot of work done, dorsal hump removal, straightening of the bridge, correction of my deviated septum and shortening of the tip. Dr M is an excellent surgeon and very kind and lovely bedside manner, it really puts you at ease. I had almost no bruising post op despite my nose being broken, which was great. I had quite a lot of swelling, most of which has gone down now. In terms of the way my nose looks, it is definitely a big improvement, the bridge is much straighter and overall it looks better. The hump on the bridge is unfortunately still there although it is reduced quite a bit. Under the Drs instruction I am keeping it taped and pressing it down regularly and I'm hoping it will disappear.   It's probably too soon to tell how happy I am with the results but so far I don't regret my decision and I would recommend Montein if you want rhino in Thailand!

Hey lovely I'm looking into Montien as well, I've seen some of his work and it's very similar to the look I'm after. I also saw the Cosmeditour packages and am thinking about going through them, how is it all going? Let me know I'd probably look at getting it done mid-year if I can save XD

Got to be honest not loving my results atm, completely diff to the pics I showed him haha, guess some get lucky some not so much but heres to hoping it changes shape pretty drastically in the next year because atm I have a pointy nose that I hate, one month post op though so pretty early to tell, he is really lovely but not sure about if I'm happy I went overseas until I see it all settled down :(

On 10 March 2016 at 1:06 AM, nirosia said:

Hi MissEB, all in all surgery went pretty well I think. The surgery itself took 6 hours as I needed a lot of work done, dorsal hump removal, straightening of the bridge, correction of my deviated septum and shortening of the tip. Dr M is an excellent surgeon and very kind and lovely bedside manner, it really puts you at ease. I had almost no bruising post op despite my nose being broken, which was great. I had quite a lot of swelling, most of which has gone down now. In terms of the way my nose looks, it is definitely a big improvement, the bridge is much straighter and overall it looks better. The hump on the bridge is unfortunately still there although it is reduced quite a bit. Under the Drs instruction I am keeping it taped and pressing it down regularly and I'm hoping it will disappear.   It's probably too soon to tell how happy I am with the results but so far I don't regret my decision and I would recommend Montein if you want rhino in Thailand!

Hi there I just wanted to know ho your final results were? Are you happy with them? 

@nirosia hey, how have you found your final results? Are you happy with them? 

On 2/24/2016 at 3:16 PM, MummyOverhaulGoldCoast said:

I got in touch with Dr Montien and had him look over my photos and he gave me a quote to have Rhinoplasty at Bumrungrad but then I saw a special on the cosmeditour website that was cheaper and included transfers and accommodation so I've just booked through them for July, will let you know how I go.

I already contacted Bumrungrad and was quoted 215 210 THB which is 9224 AUD. The Codmeditour website lists the procedure at 6850 AUD which is significantly cheaper and including transfers. Codmeditour arranges the surgery at the World Medical Center so probably that's why it's cheaper. I filled the online consultation on the WMC website few days ago so I waiting for their price.