Candace

Dr Miroshnik surgery. Acrylic Nails.

My pre op instructions from dr m said no nail polish, the pre op nurse from Bondi private said light colours were fine, there was no mention of acrylic's at all. Maybe call the hospital you are going to and check because I think they seem to have the final say in those sort of things. 

I took my nail polish off my fingers, and when I was out of surgery I had some of the surgery texter marks on my nail. When I was in recovery, and had the oxygen tab on my finger, it couldn't register my oxygen properly and said I was at 80%! The nurse switched fingers and it went to over 90%. 

I think that's where the no nail polish/nail comes in.. So they can get a read of oxygen from your finger tips.. 

Maybe take one nail off if that's why they need it? It will look pretty glam! 😀

Edited by Emily5

I've had 4 surgeries in the last 6 months, with 2 different surgeons and 2 different hospitals.  I have acrylics on all fingers and toes and nobody said a word to me about it at any stage.  If you're concerned take 1 middle finger nail off.