MezMoz

Yoga ladies - how did you do some poses after your BA?

Hi ladies, I've just started doing some yoga at home and am finding chatarunga in my sun salutations feels quite odd, as though my implants are being stretched apart.

Has anyone else found this and does it change over time? Has anyone found they just can't do some poses that involve the pecs? 

I'm guessing your implants are under the muscle?

I love yoga and practice daily. My implants are 13 years old and need removing or replacing. One of the reasons I've decided to remove without replacement is concerns about the effect of 'unders' on my muscle function in yoga (current implants are overs but would need to have unders this time). :)

How long post-op are you? Have been doing a lot of research on this lately since I do a lot of yoga.. (am still pre-op though so I can't speak from experience)

I read that it is a really strange sensation especially since in a pose like chaturanga you will be using your pec muscles, but as long as you don't feel pain then it should be okay. I know some girls who go back into pole dancing after about 5months and are doing all the things they could do pre-op

Thanks for your replies. I've got 300cc HP unders and am 6 months post op. I've been back lifting weights for 3 months but have avoided chest work, so was quite surprised when I had the stretching sensations I did when doing chatarunga. 

I used to practice daily and have done my teacher training, so know that I'm doing the poses correctly. Not sure I feel right in my body doing chatarunga though. 

Chatarunga is a weird movement. It does kind of stretch outwards in all directions chest-wise (hope that makes sense!). I can imagine that an implant under the muscle would get squished. I guess you want to know if it just feels weird or if it could cause any damage/shift the implant. Yoga is so much about feeling the movement - not sure I'd like to be aware of my implants every time I did chatarunga :unsure:

Maybe just while you're getting used to the stretching feeling, perhaps not go full on into the stretch. It does feel like the inscision is going to pop open and that's not exactly fun... But I've heard that ladies experience the same issue with chin-ups and if they approach it gradually they get there in the end... Although some women on here have been advised to never to chin-ups again!! Bah! 😦

Best rule of thumb is to dial it back if it feels like too much and gradually work your way back into what you used to do.